Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

My fantasy hockey team is kicking major ass, which is nice because I haven't been able to devote much time to it. Oh and to stay in shape, I've been doing plyos in the hospital, jumping on and over anything I think I can without getting in trouble. I own that lobby! I'm hoping to have some time to get back on the ice next week, which will feel sooo good. And for us Lightning fans, Stammer with another goal and assist tonight, still leading the NHL, not bad for a guy who'll "never be a dominating player in the NHL." Good call, Barry Melrose.

Edited by gxc999

Finally found my flow tonight. Got first goal of the season off a clean point shot, and was close to getting 2 more. I gotta say, I can't wait till my next game. Oh and I'm getting new hockey pants tomorrow.

I've been at work since 7:30 this morning, and I've actually had stuff to do for maybe an hour and a half today. And to think I'm getting 12 bucks an hour for this. COME BUY PRETZELS PEOPLE!

Took a 100 flex stick outside to just shoot the puck around when I normally use a 85 flex. I know why I've never really ripped a good slapshot, mainly due to my weird windup. Focused on winding up properly, and was able to rip a couple of really good shots. Going to try that again tonight with the 85 flex... hopefully can do the same at the rink for tomorrow's game.

Thanks to the beauty of the internet and technology, I'm streaming our hockey game tonight on uStream to my friend who used to play for us, but now is living in Georgia for the Air Force. First time he's going to see us play in months.

haven't been on the ice in 5 months. Gonna give it a go tomorrow night

I've been out of commission with a broken ankle since June 19, doctors appointment this coming tuesday. Hopefully he gives me the ok as well.

I was taking some really nice snappers at SNP today. I got compliments from the goalie I kept beating from the slot clean during shoot around/warm up etc. I was beating him high blocker while he stood up from the left side of the high slot, as a left shot, something I didn't know I could do. I also got some nice slappers in motion off. Once I fix my hip problem, I should be good to tear it up again.

Edited by gxc999

skating after a LONG time off the ice is one of the best feelings ever

^Truly one of the great feelings after recovering from an injury.

On a side note my 6 year old daughter convinced my wife to let her get me a pair of Marvel superhero sleep pants & the movie Kick Ass for my birthday. Or as she calls it "Kick butt".

Edited by SfDz5_20_07

Been working on a home project for 3 hours. Turned out quite well. Modded some stuff. Put an extension to the bicep part of my Jofa 7500 shoulder pads, just finished adding my own version of Jofa "Floating" slash guards to my Bauer Pro defender elbow, gotta finish tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get to post pictures, cause I think it's pretty cool.

Got on the ice recently and my slap shot in motion is coming along. The really tough part is puck placement, especially around defenders!

Got on the ice recently and my slap shot in motion is coming along. The really tough part is puck placement, especially around defenders!

Knowing how to shoot the puck when it isn't in the ideal position is a skill most rec level players don't have. Learning it makes a big difference.

Philadelphia killing going on. Flyers won 5-1 tonight and the Eagles are winning 45-14, at halftime. Gotta love being a Philly sports fan right now.

I work in the army reserves part time. I ran a group of high school students through a day of military training (learn to march, camo, and a little walkthrough of the changes in tactics during WW I) before they head off on a battlefield tour of Europe. This is the third class in five years I've done for this teacher. I usually pick the kid who gives the best effort, and give them some type of momento from my regiment to place at a battlefield on behalf of my unit (our history stretches back to 1912). In front of the whole group (students, teacher, parents) I hand this teenager a picture of a cross from the Vimy battle that rests in a museum now, and tell him, "When you're standing at Vimy Ridge, please place this to honour the fallen, and speak a few words from the heart." This kid gets a huge grin on his face, hands me an envelope, and says:

"Why don't you do it yourself?"

They gave me a ticket to join their group for 10 days in Europe next year, and the chance to visit some really significant places in Canadian history. I'm still in shock.