Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
EBondo

The "people you may have heard about but probably didn't" death thread.

His business and personal life couldn't be further apart. Sadly, for the most part, he'll be remembered for being the being a loose cannon and general asshole in baseball instead of the extremely generous guy he was outside of the front office.

People like to remember the bad, look at what people think of Alex Rodriguez, for example... Many can give 3-4 things off the top of their head to talk trash about him. How many people remember him saving a kid's life? http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2005/04/15/no_error_on_newbury_st_a_rod_saves_boy_from_truck/

I agree, that's why I didn't say that I hated him. Simply that I hated what he caused to happen in MLB. If it wasn't him, it would have been someone else eventually anyway.

I agree, that's why I didn't say that I hated him. Simply that I hated what he caused to happen in MLB. If it wasn't him, it would have been someone else eventually anyway.

I'd love to say I hate the way he can just 'buy' a winner every year...but as a buddy of mine pointed out (that I didn't know) when the Jays were great in the early 90's...they had the highest payrool in baseball...now it wasn't 200M (the times have changed)...but they 'bought' their winners as much as any other organization has.

Personally, I'd rather a team put more money into the team itself rather than an owner just stuffing his pockets. Is it fair? No, but is it Bauer's fault that they sell more skates than Tour? More money earned means you have more money to invest back into the company/organization. It's not a coincidence that the two highest earned revenues in baseball are the two teams that have the highest payrolls.

...but this is getting off topic. RIP James Gammon

Edited by TBLfan

Personally, I'd rather a team put more money into the team itself rather than an owner just stuffing his pockets. Is it fair? No, but is it Bauer's fault that they sell more skates than Tour? More money earned means you have more money to invest back into the company/organization. It's not a coincidence that the two highest earned revenues in baseball are the two teams that have the highest payrolls.

There's a big difference between being an old franchise in a major market and Bauer selling more skates on the open market.

Both are selling more product and making more money than the competition and because of this both are able to put more money into bettering their product. In this regard, they are similar enough for comparison.

Edited by TBLfan

Both are selling more product and making more money than the competition and because of this both are able to put more money into bettering their product. In this regard, they are similar enough for comparison.

Apples and hammers

RIP James Gammon. You may be thinking "who in the hell is James Gammon?", but he was the manager in the movie Major League. One of my all time favorite movies and he was so damn dry and funny in it I just loved it.

RIP James Gammon. You may be thinking "who in the hell is James Gammon?", but he was the manager in the movie Major League. One of my all time favorite movies and he was so damn dry and funny in it I just loved it.

"atta boy Ricky, give'em the heater" RIP.

I was shocked as hell to know that he was only 76. Hell, he looked 76 when he managed.

RIP.

Hes like Cal Ripken Jr. or Anderson Cooper, hes had completely white hair since he was 25 lol.