Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

2009-2010 Washington Capitals Thread

My favorite part of the interview was when he said he's only been a Caps fan for a year. Granted i started following them since the OV draft, but at least i didnt do that...

http://capitals.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?ca...10&id=56532

If you have the time (about 6 minutes) to watch this, it's fairly entertaining. It's a behind the scenes for a verizon commercial with Ovechkin, Green, Laich and Backstrom. Ovechkin is the interviewer and he interviews his "twin" at the end about his dirty play and goal celebrations

Is it just me or does Ovechkin seem a little more subdued lately? I haven't seen a good solid leap into the boards since before he got suspended, just a little fist pump/point to the sky.

I think he is taking the captain thing seriously. I have seen him hustle back on D with an intensity that wasn't there before. It's only 2 games, but I think he feels pressure to be better than he is with the C on his jersey. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing yet

I noticed the backchecking too. I think this year he seems to be looking for passes more often as well. He still takes a lot of shots (and he should), but a few of the passes to Backstrom were passes that I don't think happened last year.

I don't think being well-rounded will hurt him at all. He's got what, 53 points in 35 games? Where it will hurt him is if he starts to feel too much pressure from the C.

So, anyone thinking trade theo for a bag of pucks and a minor league goalie and keep varly and neuvy in washington?

Most GMs want at least one veteran netminder when they head into the playoffs.

So, anyone thinking trade theo for a bag of pucks and a minor league goalie and keep varly and neuvy in washington?

i already thought of that. we'll bring artus irbe out of retirement for a few weeks.

i already thought of that. we'll bring artus irbe out of retirement for a few weeks.

Ship out Theo and bring Biron in via a separate trade. I think the Caps would take back a little salary on theo and loose a 2nd rounder from Biron but would also free up another 2-3 million in cap space. Then you have the room to bring in a top notch Defensemen. This is what i would try to do anyway.

Ship out Theo and bring Biron in via a separate trade. I think the Caps would take back a little salary on theo and loose a 2nd rounder from Biron but would also free up another 2-3 million in cap space. Then you have the room to bring in a top notch Defensemen. This is what i would try to do anyway.

The only way they ship out Theo is if they pay someone to take him or if a team is looking to get out from under a big contract.

Im mixed on the issue. I love the fact that OV dropped the gloves (even took off the helmet), but i was upset to see Bradley jump in there. It shows to me that OV is willing to do more on the ice than just score goals for his team. His backcheck has improved immensely since given the C. I wonder if this will last, or if its just him feeling some pressure. On the otherhand, I have to give Bradley credit for knowing his role and protecting the teams biggest star and asset. While seeing OV throw some punches would have been a great sportscenter moment, props have to be given to bradley for taking a few punches for someone else's feud.

one of the best games i've seen ovechkin play in a very long time. played both ends of the rink. all in all a great game.

Im mixed on the issue. I love the fact that OV dropped the gloves (even took off the helmet), but i was upset to see Bradley jump in there. It shows to me that OV is willing to do more on the ice than just score goals for his team. His backcheck has improved immensely since given the C. I wonder if this will last, or if its just him feeling some pressure. On the otherhand, I have to give Bradley credit for knowing his role and protecting the teams biggest star and asset. While seeing OV throw some punches would have been a great sportscenter moment, props have to be given to bradley for taking a few punches for someone else's feud.

He had a great play in the Toronto game, playing the point (on a PP I assume) the play broke out against him...and he played perfect D...took the puck away and turned it back up ice. Can't recall if they scored on the play...but it got a chance for sure.

I'm thoroughly convinced Matt Bradley is a prick, after the incident with Downie, and now an EXTREMELY dirty hit on OK Tollefsen today.

Jumping in against Downie is a prick move? Ovechkin's never fought before and is their star player. They don't want Ovie getting hurt in a fight and/or sitting for 5 minutes because Downie can't take a hit. It's not like Downie's a saint here either.

I thought Bradley's hit was a little late on Tollefsen, but what was dirty? Arm tucked, shoulder to the body. If Tollefsen isn't looking at his pass and braces for the hit, he doesn't go flying into the boards. He's not hurt, no headshot. Late, yes. EXTREMELY dirty, no.

If Ovie was going to fight (which he was), then he should have. All I'm saying is it seems now like Bradley doesn't think Ovie can take a punch. Sid's been in a couple fights, although quick. I HATE Sid, yet he has done something Ovie hasn't (aside from the preseason fight against Richards a few years back). I would have been all for seeing Ovie pound Downie's brainless head in.

I feel like the hit on Tollefsen was just completely uncalled for. Much like the charge Bobby Ryan put on Moeller from LA a few nights ago. The hit itself was clean, but still very dirty.

I guess I was also pissy because Emery was back in net.

I don't think it's that Bradley doesn't think Ovechkin can take a punch, but he was going up against Downie. Downie's not new to fighting, Ovechkin is. And he wasn't trying to goad Laich or Bradley into a fight. He was trying to take their star player, a 60 goal scorer, off the ice for 5 minutes. And if he gets hurt, it's even worse. Crosby's been in a few fights, but one of them was jumping on a guys head on a face-off, and the other was punching a guy in the bag while someone else had him in a head lock. What does that really matter anyways? And as far as I could tell, Ovechkin WAS going to fight. He dropped the gloves and the helmet. Bradley came in at 100 mph and took Downie on. Did he see him and not tell Bradley to stop? I don't know? But Bradley didn't give him much of a choice either way.

The only reason Bradley's hit was uncalled for was because it was a bit late. Other than that, it's a solid clean hit. I agree it probably should've been an interference call, but I don't think it was dirty. Just because Tollefsen is in that weird area of 5 feet from the boards doesn't mean Bradley should hold up.

The only reason Bradley's hit was uncalled for was because it was a bit late. Other than that, it's a solid clean hit. I agree it probably should've been an interference call, but I don't think it was dirty. Just because Tollefsen is in that weird area of 5 feet from the boards doesn't mean Bradley should hold up.

Actually, late and in the danger zone is exactly when you should let up.

If Ovie was going to fight (which he was), then he should have. All I'm saying is it seems now like Bradley doesn't think Ovie can take a punch. Sid's been in a couple fights, although quick. I HATE Sid, yet he has done something Ovie hasn't (aside from the preseason fight against Richards a few years back). I would have been all for seeing Ovie pound Downie's brainless head in.

I feel like the hit on Tollefsen was just completely uncalled for. Much like the charge Bobby Ryan put on Moeller from LA a few nights ago. The hit itself was clean, but still very dirty.

I guess I was also pissy because Emery was back in net.

As good as it would have been to see Ovie fight, Bradley did the right thing but it was a good job by Downie to get Ovie to drop the gloves.