Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

2009-2010 Washington Capitals Thread

If they don't think they have a number one goalie, they need to make a deal for one. They may not have a chance like this to win a cup again. Everyone is healthy and in their prime. With the cap problems only a year or two down the road, you have to go for it when you have the chance.

Yeah can't agree more. I can't decide if they need to make a deal for a top defenseman or goalie. Theodore can look really good at times and then just really shotty the next. I really don't think they can just keep saying that Varly is the future for them. THere is something about him that does not seem to inspire confidence. They have a real shot to win this year and I would say a solid goalie would give them the best chance.

and just like that, they go from a 14 game winning streak to a 3 game losing streak. Watching their weak blueline bothers me unbelievably.

I'm still hanging on to the belief that they're peaking to early, will crumble down the stretch and collapse completely in the playoffs. :D

Looks like my evil plot is coming together nicely :P

Well Theo had himself a solid game last night. The Team looked pretty good, except for their breakdown at the end of the game. Theo had to make too many saves at the end. It seems like their best defense is when they're on the attack. When they ease up on the forecheck and let the other teams hit the blueline with some speed, they crumble. A lot of the forwards seemed to be spinning around. I'd like them to be attacking even at the end of the game just to see how it works. Im intrested in seeing how they look tonight with their new lineup against Tampa. Id assume Carlson is sent back down to make room for Corvo and Erskine is scratched for Juice. Also Fleishmann will be moved back to the wing to make room for Belanger. Taking a stab at the lines:

OV-Backs-Knuble

Flash-BMO-Semin

Laich-Belanger-Chimera

Bradley/Gordon-Steckel-Fehr

The 2nd n 3rd line will be played with a little to find the best fit.

I think jurcina is injured?

Anyway i didn't watch the game but steckel was scratched for Walker ( who had 2 goals, nice). Erskie was scratched for Corvo.

Well Theo had himself a solid game last night. The Team looked pretty good, except for their breakdown at the end of the game. Theo had to make too many saves at the end. It seems like their best defense is when they're on the attack. When they ease up on the forecheck and let the other teams hit the blueline with some speed, they crumble. A lot of the forwards seemed to be spinning around. I'd like them to be attacking even at the end of the game just to see how it works. Im intrested in seeing how they look tonight with their new lineup against Tampa. Id assume Carlson is sent back down to make room for Corvo and Erskine is scratched for Juice. Also Fleishmann will be moved back to the wing to make room for Belanger. Taking a stab at the lines:

OV-Backs-Knuble

Flash-BMO-Semin

Laich-Belanger-Chimera

Bradley/Gordon-Steckel-Fehr

The 2nd n 3rd line will be played with a little to find the best fit.

Forget greene?

Once again, they score an awful, awful, awful lot of goals, they're on pace for 327 goals for this year. The Sunday after next should be fun, I wonder what the score will be against the Blackhawks, maybe 11-10 or 15-14.

Soo are the Capitals better without Ovechkin? :ph34r:

... this is like the third time this year they've scored 5-7 goals without OV.

When ovechkin was named captain the caps were 5 points out of first in the east

Since he was named captain they are 23-3-3 and have built a 16 point lead in the east.

They are also 10-2-1 with him out of the lineup and have scored 56 goals in those games

Steroid investigators at Kettler today, caps expected to release a statement later today. That's about all I have for now on it

And the fingers and toes of every single Penguins fan just got crossed hoping it's Ovechkin on roids.

If the NHLPA was smart (and thought the players were clean) they would organize a full team test to put this behind them before the playoffs.

And the fingers and toes of every single Penguins fan just got crossed hoping it's Ovechkin on roids.

Just so we can make fun of him for it. Not too worried about the actual game part of it. Ya'll score more without him in the lineup anyways it seems.

If the NHLPA was smart (and thought the players were clean) they would organize a full team test to put this behind them before the playoffs.

This is the same PA hemming and hawing with the head shot rule.

This is a follow up to a story that broke last year when some guy in florida was arrested for distribution. Turns out he was selling to a VA Chiropractor who had treated 3 caps players for routine chiro (Fehr, Morrisson and Bradley). He is not on staff, however his practice is in the same place as the caps training facility (hence the few players going there for treatment).

He has a sign in his window "Chiropractor, washington capitals" which prompted the questioning of the caps.

Since the story broke last time, every member of the caps was tested twice, and every single test came back clean.

It's a non story by the look of it