Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Netminder32

Bauer 2010/2011 sneak peek...

Vak - you're absolutely right about that, in terms of scale. I think there's something else going on.

A while back there was a big debate about why goalies' cowlings were so much shorter than players' holders. The consensus was that this was an anachronism from the days of deer-hair pads and stand-up play. Even a small increase in the height of the cowling (say, 1/2", raising the boot that much higher off the ice) would result in a massive improvement in blade contact with the ice from the butterfly.

I think these Bauer cowlings are taller, which makes the blades look shorter in relation. The reason it's so weird looking is that just about every goalie skate has been the same height off the ice for a very long time, so even a moderate change looks huge.

edit to correct spelling after 2nd bottle of Coopers' Creek.

Looks like 6 total... I guess dropping weight (even a few rivets' worth) and offset angling is all the rage now, especially with those big cut-outs in the sole of the cowling.

They probably look deeper cuz it looks like the skate has more material around than ankle than the One95..I'm most likely wrong

Interesting... but it still doesn't look like they've extended the ALIVE tech to the goalie boots, which is extremely disappointing. I've tried the player skates, and they really are superbly responsive - exactly what I want in the crease. Still, I don't especially fancy fitting another boot off an LS-pitched carbon-fibre sole into a cowling (the first time was agony enough). I know that goalie skates demand more generalised last, but why hasn't Bauer migrated ALIVE to the goalie line?

I'm still surprised that there has been very little innovation to goalie skate design given the big changes in playing style that have happened the past 6 or so years.

What's the deal with the TUUK LS2 Fusion? and why don't they still offer it on the X:60 LE?

EDIT: I read in the gear sightings section about the new RBK skate and a rep said to one of the members is going to be the Bauer killer. Out of curiosity, did he said this before or after he saw the new Supreme? :))

The goal skate looks like a combination of a U+ Pro Boot and a Graf cowling... Chest pad reminds me of the RbK P1 C/A.

I got the P1 vibe from the chest too, which is a good thing, because the P1 was my favorite C/A.

hate the new reflex graphics...the itech ones soooo much better

the supremes don't look that good either rather have the rbk revokes lol

I wonder what was the idea behind the design of the TOTALONE? "Let's make old-school-high-tech" because IMHO those are the best looking skates I have ever seen. Right now everything else looks cheap and outdated like the neon colors from the '90s, and I am including here the X:60. From a design standpoint all the other brands have a LOT of catching up to do.

Was a one100 skate shown at the show? Is there even a one100 skate?

Total one reminds me a little of the 7000's with the gold accents (or was it supreme comp?)

from what i've heard is that the one100 is going to be the skate that every dealer can get. the totalone is going to be a SE that only a select few could get. I think they are at the same level as skate, although i've heard rumors the totalone has different steel that is supposed to be lighter than the one100. not quite sure, i could tell you for sure in a couple months when i see them :)3

...or whatever the people who have actually seem them said.... lol.

There is an ONE100 skate replacing the 95. The TotalONE is different.

Also - replaceable steel on the goal cowling. :)

Is the Goaler going to use the same Tuuk or Tuuk LS hardware, or something new? Is it going to be somewhat easy to get at compared to some of the older Tuuks? Anyone in the NHL wearing these yet?

Edit: After a closer look, doesn't look like Tuuk hardware could be involved. So what the scoop on how to interchange the steel?

It's also stainless steel thats thinner compared to the traditional steel on the one95 goal skate.

Is the Goaler going to use the same Tuuk or Tuuk LS hardware, or something new? Is it going to be somewhat easy to get at compared to some of the older Tuuks? Anyone in the NHL wearing these yet?

Edit: After a closer look, doesn't look like Tuuk hardware could be involved. So what the scoop on how to interchange the steel?

It could be a hook in the front with a post in the rear or posts in the front and rear. I'm not saying that it is, only that the picture doesn't completely preclude the possibility.

Hardware replacement steel at front recessed on the new flat toe cowling.

So accessible from the outside of the boot, and not having to go in through the inside?

Well that's a plus. Would like to have seen more steel on the ends though...Bad sharpeners are going to burn through that in no time.