Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Netminder32

Bauer 2010/2011 sneak peek...

Never thought about ramification from out dealer... nvm. lol. couldn't afford not having bauer gear for a season.

FYI, the dealer that the X:60 skate picture was taken at last year paid a penalty, so to speak and the employee who took the picture was fired. That guy is still looking for a job at a LHS but he'll never find one after that mistake.

Wow, getting blacklisted for the rest of your life over a picture of a hockey skate.

I certainly wouldn't post unapproved pictures or give a lot of details about something like this if I was a dealer, not soo much out of secrecy but out of respect... not to mention it might hurt sales of whatever Supreme skates that are still in stock.

So you mean the photos distributed by an overzealous dealer like the ones above shouldn't be shown? :rolleyes:
I think the names are fair game. Unpublic pictures, details on features/materials and pricepoint would all be no-nos. I think the big thing is avoiding major details.

I'd see it as respect to a company. But yes, while it is slightly over the top he knew he shouldn't have done it and must face the ramifications of his actions.

Apparently it wasn't just knowing not to do it. He didn't snap the picture with the sales rep standing right there, put it that way.

If you're lucky enough to see stuff kept that tightly under wraps before other people you should show the utmost respect for the manufacturer.

Never thought about ramification from out dealer... nvm. lol. couldn't afford not having bauer gear for a season.

FYI, the dealer that the X:60 skate picture was taken at last year paid a penalty, so to speak and the employee who took the picture was fired. That guy is still looking for a job at a LHS but he'll never find one after that mistake.

Wow, getting blacklisted for the rest of your life over a picture of a hockey skate.

He wasn't exactly "Employee of the Year" before doing something as stupid and selfish as he did. Sorry, but the facts trump all. And can you really expect either of the last two shops he worked in to give him a recommendation?

Ultimately, it is about respect. And not just about for the company, but the sales rep, the guy doing a job.

Ok, I am now off the soap box.

Next.

Wait until you see the new ...................!

He wasn't exactly "Employee of the Year" before doing something as stupid and selfish as he did. Sorry, but the facts trump all. And can you really expect either of the last two shops he worked in to give him a recommendation?

Ultimately, it is about respect. And not just about for the company, but the sales rep, the guy doing a job.

Next.

After the hassle they gave us and the threats that were thrown about before the facts were out, I lost a lot of respect for some people at Bauer. They make a lot of demands and I'll leave it at that.

Next.

After the hassle they gave us and the threats that were thrown about before the facts were out, I lost a lot of respect for some people at Bauer. They make a lot of demands and I'll leave it at that.

It makes me sad to think that Bauer would think this community would have anything to do with releasing information prematurely. I think the MODS do a great job of making sure people don't post or erase posts of products that aren't supposed to be seen.

How did you get the names of them anyway?

Their dealer website.

So I'm slightly confused - JR mentioned that we'll be seeing NHLers in both the TotalONE and the ONE100. Does that mean that they are, more or less, equivalent level skates with some slightly different features, or is the TotalONE clearly the top end skate and NHLers are going to be wearing 2nd tier (relatively, obviously neither skate is truly 2nd tier) skates?

So I'm slightly confused - JR mentioned that we'll be seeing NHLers in both the TotalONE and the ONE100. Does that mean that they are, more or less, equivalent level skates with some slightly different features, or is the TotalONE clearly the top end skate and NHLers are going to be wearing 2nd tier (relatively, obviously neither skate is truly 2nd tier) skates?

It sounds like they are "equal", like the x:60 and the x:60 LE, or the white and black versions of the S17 and 9k skates. I could be wrong though. I would hazard a guess that the One100 is the standard skate, whereas the TotalOne is the limited edition skate.

How did you get the names of them anyway?

Their dealer website.

Can the public get on their or do you need a password?

It sounds like they are "equal", like the x:60 and the x:60 LE, or the white and black versions of the S17 and 9k skates. I could be wrong though. I would hazard a guess that the One100 is the standard skate, whereas the TotalOne is the limited edition skate.

fyi, the 9k skates are different. its the tounge.

Sence these pictures are up I assume its ok to talk about the One100. Why do the total one and One100 look so alike, both with the gold, you would of thought they would of made them different looking. I know the adjustable stiffness in the tongue is in the One100, and the half aluminun steel, is it also in the total one. Or is the total one just a black and gold One95. Anything you guys who went to florida to check all the new stuff out can tell us.

I think the features(aka the details we weren't talking about) are a little more important than redesigning the skate looks... after all weren't people complaining about the X:60LE just "being a different color"?

Tried to send JR and Chadd message before I put up but gave me an error message of "You are not allowed to use the messenger feature on this board". Not sure why! TBL true about features. I guess my question is are the features I mentioned on both or just the ONE100. I heard the total one is just a gold and black one95 with new logo. Just tring to get some conformation...