Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Netminder32

Bauer 2010/2011 sneak peek...

Tried X60 gloves today. Interesting...

how'd you like them? i had some on last week and thought they were a cross between the 4roll and and the xxx as far as fit was concerned. although the pair i had on were very well broken in. the movement of the hand was nice, and they felt very light.

There is an ONE100 skate replacing the 95. The TotalONE is different.

Also - replaceable steel on the goal cowling. :)

Is the Goaler going to use the same Tuuk or Tuuk LS hardware, or something new? Is it going to be somewhat easy to get at compared to some of the older Tuuks? Anyone in the NHL wearing these yet?

Edit: After a closer look, doesn't look like Tuuk hardware could be involved. So what the scoop on how to interchange the steel?

It could be a hook in the front with a post in the rear or posts in the front and rear. I'm not saying that it is, only that the picture doesn't completely preclude the possibility.

Hook's in the back, screw in the front.

i think i may already know the answer - but why don't we see any nhl players wearing the one100 skates? i'm guessing many players are wearing them but they are dressed up as the old skates?

i mean quite a few goalies are wearing all the new bauer stuff - but the one thing i haven't seen is the skates

Well how would you say "1/100ths"? And OneHundred is just silly since it's less than One95.

Yeah, you've got me there. I was going to say the One05 makes sense until I realized it was in the same boat... oops. I think I meant to put Two05. No wonder I failed math. I guess what I'm getting at is when the rest of your line-up is simple names like X60 and One95, and the competition has S15, G5, 9K, etc, One100 just seems jumbled together. Am I alone in thinking that? You have the rest of the skate line-up that progresses upwards, and then the new skate that sounds like a fraction. TotalONE I get, but One100 I don't.

Maybe the reason they arrived at 100 is it's the last hurrah for this skate before they start fresh and introduce the Two-series?

If the One100 is the top of the line, what about the second/third/etc. tier skates? One96, One97 etc?

I thought CCM had backed themselves into a corner with naming (what do you do for the U+ successor? U++? U+2?) But apparently Bauer did the same thing. The old supreme line left off on 8090, maybe it's time for the Supreme 9000, and continue in that direction.

The Bauer skate line is not backed into a corner with model names or products. Bauer skates blow the walls off corners moving forward.

The Bauer skate line is not backed into a corner with model names or products. Bauer skates blow the walls off corners moving forward.

How are the price points looking?

So, the TotalONE will be the new flagship, and the One100 will replace the One95? If the One100 starts out at $649.99, I can only imagine what the TotalONE will be priced at... $749.99? $799.99?

How are the price points looking?

Price list wasn't finalized yet. TotalONE will be $$$. I'm sure the rest of the line, very strong of course, will fall in line with traditional price points.

Any word on if customs can be ordered in the TotalOne? Next pair I get whichever it may be, I'm going to need custom sizing so just curious if the TotalOne is going to be a situation like the LE X:60s with no customs, that would at least make my decision for me as far as One100 vs TotalOne.

That will not be announced until April 2010. My guess is yes.

I know the name list.... not sure if i can tell. :D
If the One100 is the top of the line, what about the second/third/etc. tier skates? One96, One97 etc?

5 up from last yr

So yes i can tell? Cuz it isn't uniformly 5 up from last year...

You can say whatever you want, within reason.

I just wasn't sure if it was in the rules or not. Essentially i want a clear-cut answer if its okay with no ramifications towards me, or if i just should wait a couple months and when the books are put up here, then let that be the thing that spills the beans.

I think the names are fair game. Unpublic pictures, details on features/materials and pricepoint would all be no-nos. I think the big thing is avoiding major details.

I just wasn't sure if it was in the rules or not. Essentially i want a clear-cut answer if its okay with no ramifications towards me, or if i just should wait a couple months and when the books are put up here, then let that be the thing that spills the beans.

If we tell you it is ok, we will not punish you. Say whatever you are comfortable saying, when you are comfortable saying it.

I think the names are fair game. Unpublic pictures, details on features/materials and pricepoint would all be no-nos. I think the big thing is avoiding major details.

Once the manufacturers start showing the product to dealers, the information is out. If someone wants to relay that information to others, that's up to them. Any issues the manufacturers have with that will have to be taken up with the person that posts it.

Never thought about ramification from out dealer... nvm. lol. couldn't afford not having bauer gear for a season.

FYI, the dealer that the X:60 skate picture was taken at last year paid a penalty, so to speak and the employee who took the picture was fired. That guy is still looking for a job at a LHS but he'll never find one after that mistake.