Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Mack, what exactly happened? I didn't see it (wasn't watching the game) but Adam Schefter said the ref (from Pittsburgh apparently) completely won the game for them.

Edited by EBondo

Pitt was down by 2, 3rd and goal. Roethlisberger went to run it in and the ball came out as he punched it in. Ref immediately blew it dead, with it being called a TD. They reviewed it and said it was indeed a fumble, but because the play didn't completely finish they couldn't see who recovered the fumble. Pitt kept the ball, kicked a FG and won it.

If you're a Dolphins fan, the short version is Ben Roethlisberger had sex with your grandmother in a bathroom stall as an NFL official held you there to make sure you watched it.

Pitt was down by 2, 3rd and goal. Roethlisberger went to run it in and the ball came out as he punched it in. Ref immediately blew it dead, with it being called a TD. They reviewed it and said it was indeed a fumble, but because the play didn't completely finish they couldn't see who recovered the fumble. Pitt kept the ball, kicked a FG and won it.

If you're a Dolphins fan, the short version is Ben Roethlisberger had sex with your grandmother in a bathroom stall as an NFL official held you there to make sure you watched it.

A little later, Chad Henne threw a pick as the dolphins tried to drive for the win. The fact that they didn't review that play was reprehensible, it was very close to Harrison not making a completion and they didn't bother to give it a second look.

The fact that the rookies on my team think its ok to relax with a 2 goal lead is getting ridiculous. 2 lazy penalties within 30 seconds led to a 5-3 goal, then after that a defenseman decides to bat down a shot from the point and it deflects into our net. So we go into panic mode and put one in. Get lazy all over again, let a kid walk outta the corner and goes untouched through 3 guys and slides it in. Overtime comes along and we had a man advantage just passed it around the zone without taking a shot or setting up the way coach told us to. They pick off a pass at the point go down 2-1 and score to win it.

Its amazing how comfortable people can get with a small lead.

The fact that the rookies on my team think its ok to relax with a 2 goal lead is getting ridiculous. 2 lazy penalties within 30 seconds led to a 5-3 goal, then after that a defenseman decides to bat down a shot from the point and it deflects into our net. So we go into panic mode and put one in. Get lazy all over again, let a kid walk outta the corner and goes untouched through 3 guys and slides it in. Overtime comes along and we had a man advantage just passed it around the zone without taking a shot or setting up the way coach told us to. They pick off a pass at the point go down 2-1 and score to win it.

Its amazing how comfortable people can get with a small lead.

At least your team seems decent. My team is pretty bad. We've lost the last 5 games, the 4 of those 5 games the other team scores more than 10 goals. The most we've scored in a game is 3. I dunno what it is, our team has the right players to be contenders but we just lack something.

man im starting to hate monday practices, last week it was an hour bag skate and 30 mins of battle drills because we didnt stick to the game plan in an 8-2 win and then tonight we had a 5 km run before our practice and then got skated for half of it because our coach said he one kid didnt call for a pass, this is all on top of me not playing for the last 3 weeks because of a suspension and this weekend before our game the league called our coach to tell him they have added 5 games onto mine and another teammates suspension. Hockeys been rough the last little while for me ughhhh

Double whammy last night. My Montero broke down last night. It's junkyard-bound. The real pisser...I was on the way to the rink for my beer league season opener when the timing belt broke. No vehicle to get to game 2 tomorrow night, either.

High school team has yet to win a game, only really been competitive one time this season. The goalie is a total seive, it's the only time I have ever felt unmotivated at hockey, the goalie let in a shot from center ice the other night. There really is no way to win a game unless we put up 6 goals at a minimum. We have yet to score more than 4 in a game, and the game that we did the other team hung 12 on us. It doesn't help that it is just myself and another kid who are producing this year.

Knee is starting to act up again. I'm hoping it just has to do with the drastic weather change in Jersey this week. It normally starts to act up when the weather changes suddenly...especially a 20 degree jump in a day and a half. Feels like I have to crack it like a knuckle, but can't.

took an elbow to the jaw, uncalled, then got called for a holding penalty for sandwiching a kid with my other d, then blocked a shot off of the outside of the foot. while I was down on the ice with my team having possession play continued and the other team stole the puck and scored.

Still having problems with the ankle I sprained just before the summer jam, looks like I may actually have to go to a doctor.

last week it was an hour bag skate and 30 mins of battle drills because we didnt stick to the game plan in an 8-2 win

Been having to do that to my girls and trust me, I hate every minute of it, but its all about discipline. The whole beginning of the season, we were stuck playing weaker teams, we'd win 7-0, 8-1 and I'd still walk off the ice pissed. They kept making mistakes that weaker teams won't make you pay for. Well, now we keep making those mistakes against some of the better competition that we're facing (and that we should be beating). We're 1 and 3 over the last 4. We've had a few goals against because of most of the mistakes I've been pointing out while we were winning. Its frustrating, while at the same time I'm enjoying the "I told you so" moments after they happen. I guess it's a good thing it's happening though. The girls are starting to see it themselves...

Joe Buck. How can you say that there were NO MLB teams west of the Mississippi prior to 1954? Last I checked his DAD called the games for 1 team, while Harry Garey called games for the other. F'ing moron.

My hip flexors have simply been brutal lately (left one especially). I've tried pretty much everything I can think of but they're still constantly painfully tight and ruin my speed on the ice. I hope it's nothing major.

Joe Buck. How can you say that there were NO MLB teams west of the Mississippi prior to 1954? Last I checked his DAD called the games for 1 team, while Harry Garey called games for the other. F'ing moron.

I mean they've only been there since 1882...How was he supposed to know?

Hockey parents. Leaving it at that for now. I gotta fix me another drink... :dry:

You're coaching, right? I feel your pain...