Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Found put today that me 10 year old Australian Shepard dog has a tumor on his right elbow. It's grown from nothing to a golf ball lump in about 2 months. Only things we can do are amputation and chemo, but it will probably be back in a few months anyway if it's that aggressive.

Trying to figure out how to tell my 4 year old that his dog won't be coming home after the next vet visit.

Sorry to hear that. Just hearing that makes me tear up thinking about my Aussie that we had to have put to sleep at about 6 or so. I think we just finished paying off the vet bills from 8 or 9 years ago but I would gladly pay for another 8 or 9 to get her back. Fantastic dog, still miss the hell out of her. Best of luck with everything.

Sorry, man...Hope you're back at it soon. I'm in the same boat. I just got rear-ended by some idiot and am on hold with insurance people. If concussion symptoms come on, I may be done playing for good. Pretty nervous.

actually had my pcs return the other day and had a few terrible days, I'm starting to feel a little bit better

Just found a tick bid to my thigh this morning, after a visit to the lake last night.

Removed it ok, alive and one piece, only punctured the bladder a bit.

Oh goddamn I hate those things and the shit they carry in their system!

So f*ckin paranoid, every time this happens, reason why I'm rarely in the woods at summer.

arrrgh :wacko:

Yeah, hate that feeling. I find it best to just walk away, no?

Yeah, it was a tiny festival, maybe 3,500 people, so I saw her walk past a few times, but friends trying to help/not liking her lead to me having to talk to her to apologise for them. Moving away for university on the 8th September so that helps!thanks man

Realized that the screws for my visor were too tight and have cracked both sides of my favourite Mission Intake helmet.

Yeah, it was a tiny festival, maybe 3,500 people, so I saw her walk past a few times, but friends trying to help/not liking her lead to me having to talk to her to apologise for them. Moving away for university on the 8th September so that helps!thanks man

Ha moving away helps a ton, trust me, you'll be fine!

Realized that the screws for my visor were too tight and have cracked both sides of my favourite Mission Intake helmet.

That seems to be a common occurance.... I did the exact same thing to both intakes I had.

With the second one, I didn't even crank down the screws that much and it still cracked.

Edited by Sed27

Most days I really love my job; it's indoors, I don't have to wear a shirt and tie and I get to talk about golf most of the day. However there are days like today that I don't understand the general public. Here's the start of my morning:

So a customer comes in today in the midst of a good sized rush (as well as our sales staff being on the low side) and he's looking for a new driver. He's unsure on which model to get from a particular manufacturer's offering. He states that he has a really crappy club and is looking for the one that is going to offer him less spin. I make mention to him that he probably should sign up for a fitting and that a lot of the time it's not always the club's fault and that sometimes technique comes into play. I must have hit a nerve with him or damaged his precious ego. I make mention again that he should sign up for a fitting (which the store I work at offers) to help him make the correct decision. He takes a short breath and then storms off saying "this is why I should buy the club online" and slams down a box of golf balls on a nearby shelf.

On the flip side, telling him that the problem could be him is not really the best way to start this exchange. A better way of phrasing it would have been, "Why don't you schedule a fitting and we'll see if we can figure out something that will help you out." If there isn't any improvement to his spin rates during the fitting, then you can broach the subject of technique.

If you walked into the LHS and said you were looking for a new stick to replace your crappy old one in order to get some more snap on your shot, how would you enjoy it if the sales guy's first line was, "It isn't the hammer, it's the carpenter."

A lot of people just want you to give them the answer, they don't want to put in any effort to figure it out.

On the flip side, telling him that the problem could be him is not really the best way to start this exchange. A better way of phrasing it would have been, "Why don't you schedule a fitting and we'll see if we can figure out something that will help you out." If there isn't any improvement to his spin rates during the fitting, then you can broach the subject of technique.

If you walked into the LHS and said you were looking for a new stick to replace your crappy old one in order to get some more snap on your shot, how would you enjoy it if the sales guy's first line was, "It isn't the hammer, it's the carpenter."

After it all happened, I thought to myself how I could have approached the conversation differently. However, I actually did not start the conversation with that it could be his technique; I offered the fitting first and did make mention that sometimes it's technique (but would not know until after the fitting); thus the full effect of getting properly fit.

As far as a guy at my LHS telling me that "It isn't the hammer, it's the carpenter"; I can tell you with confidence that conversation will never happen. I will support my LHS on some product; but old stock and high prices (mainly on sticks) don't interest me. Free shipping, 10% discount, competitive pricing, and no hassles on returns are what I find when I shop online.

A lot of people just want you to give them the answer, they don't want to put in any effort to figure it out.

What's perplexing is that I did tell him which driver would give him the least amount of spin and then is comment of shopping online really had me scratching my head.

Ya know every now and then you hear a story about a guy put in the DL because he got hurt doing something totally pedestrian to his sport, like eating pancakes or sneezing???

I pulled a muscle in my back (between my shoulder blades) while I was shaving last night....OH MY GOD this hurts! Couldn't find a comfortable sleep position last night....and the way the pain was shooting around into my neck/chest it felt like someone was sitting on my chest. Icing it now...and hoping my chiropractor has an open spot for some treatment.

Guess I won't be getting any of that work done in the yard today (but maybe that part doesn't need to be part of the vent.)

I noticed that the concrete floor looked a little damp in my basement closet last night so I moved a couple boxes. Then noticed that the paneling was damp and I pulled off one piece. At that point I noticed that the dry wall was really wet and moldy, Behind that was more mold on the block wall. This weekend is really going to suck.

Not to scare you but that sounds like a cardiac event. Please get yourself checked.

Well...decided to err on the side of caution. Went to a clinic.They said it was not a cardiac event....although I do have higher than normal BP. She said it is muscular and likely brought on by the amount of time spend at a computer every day. She gave me Naproxan as an anit-inflammatory.

I also got a list of Dr's taking new patients...guess it's time I get checked out more thoroughly.

Thank you for your concern...and scaring me enough to make me go to the Dr.

The description was dead on for a cardiac event. Sharp pain between the shoulder blades and feeling like someone is sitting on your chest. Glad to hear it was muscular but keep an eye on the blood pressure. I ignored those borderline high readings and it almost cost me.

Good move getting checked; glad it wasn't serious, just a shaving injury.

this time it's a shaving injury...in the past it's been a "box picking up injury" and a "fell sleep on the couch injury" ...If it were just the pain without the giant freaking knot in my back I would have been far more concerned initially...but I can feel the knot, and it's happened before, so I was fairly sure what it was.

The description was dead on for a cardiac event. Sharp pain between the shoulder blades and feeling like someone is sitting on your chest. Glad to hear it was muscular but keep an eye on the blood pressure. I ignored those borderline high readings and it almost cost me.

The BP is a bit alarming...especially after all the years of my Mom warning me to eat better, drink less. Mom's family has heart history....Dad's side tends to live forever. Guess I got more of Mom in me.

Had a customer email me today:

"Thank you for all of your hard work over the last couple of weeks. We were thoroughly impressed with your responsiveness to every email, and the amount of information you were able to provide to us. We were able to complete our purchase with another dealership over the weekend. Again, thank you for all your hard work."

In short, I did all the work selling the Cadillac, answering questions, getting the lowest price around, the lady and her husband took the numbers and went to another place. Any dealership will match numbers to get the deal.

This is about 10 times this has happened in the last two weeks. I am close to blowing a gasket.

Big loss in first game of the season... Refs didn't bring their eyes last night. Got blatantly tripped numerous times, yet no calls given.

Hustled my ass off last night getting to loose pucks, only for goalie to trip me with his stick... Ref was too far away to see, because he obviously wanted to save his energy for the other games.... What a crock...