Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

So I get to the airport. I ask to get on an earlier flight. She says she has a spot, grabs my bag, and then hands me a new boarding pass - except its one of those "get your boarding pass from the gate" things. I go through security (which is easily the worst Ive ever seen. How the f*ck is SJC worse on a wednesday night is than IAD is on a Friday night??? And why the sh*t do they put families with kids in the first class security line?? So I'm stuck behind 3 families, plus a woman who has two carryon bags, a shopping bag, her purse, and then three bins full of her sh*t, who cant get the f*ck out of the way while shes putting her ridiculous boots back on so I have to wait for that too)

I finally get to the gate, and they hand me a C3 boarding pass. So wait, I paid extra for Business Select, I have A-List Preferred status, and you hand me C3?? "We dont have any more business select on this flight"... WTF? The numbers are completely f*cking arbitrary. Just let me board with the A1-15 people, and it's no issue. But nope.

So I walk away with my sh*t boarding pass. Then I notice that the flight is delayed 2 hours, and is now only 20 minutes before my original flight. So I go back and tell them I want back on my original flight. She gives me a lot of sh*t about it, and eventually I get handed an A7 boarding pass.

I really don't mind flying, until they f*ck things up like this.

Not directly this at your personally but I always try to remember this bit when I get screwed around flying. Puts it into a happier perspective.
Edited by Chadd
fixed formatting

So I get to the airport. I ask to get on an earlier flight. She says she has a spot, grabs my bag, and then hands me a new boarding pass - except its one of those "get your boarding pass from the gate" things. I go through security (which is easily the worst Ive ever seen. How the f*ck is SJC worse on a wednesday night is than IAD is on a Friday night??? And why the sh*t do they put families with kids in the first class security line?? So I'm stuck behind 3 families, plus a woman who has two carryon bags, a shopping bag, her purse, and then three bins full of her sh*t, who cant get the f*ck out of the way while shes putting her ridiculous boots back on so I have to wait for that too)

I finally get to the gate, and they hand me a C3 boarding pass. So wait, I paid extra for Business Select, I have A-List Preferred status, and you hand me C3?? "We dont have any more business select on this flight"... WTF? The numbers are completely f*cking arbitrary. Just let me board with the A1-15 people, and it's no issue. But nope.

So I walk away with my sh*t boarding pass. Then I notice that the flight is delayed 2 hours, and is now only 20 minutes before my original flight. So I go back and tell them I want back on my original flight. She gives me a lot of sh*t about it, and eventually I get handed an A7 boarding pass.

I really don't mind flying, until they f*ck things up like this.

Not directly this at your personally but I always try to remember this bit when I get screwed around flying. Puts it into a happier perspective.

I've seen it. And its sort of true. I'm not complaining about the flying, but more about incompetent people. Also the fact that I pay quite a bit more for priority service and airline status, and it seems to mean nothing to the airline. :mad:

Edited by Chadd
fixed formatting

I've seen it. And its sort of true. I'm not complaining about the flying, but more about incompetent people. Also the fact that I pay quite a bit more for priority service and airline status, and it seems to mean nothing to the airline. :mad:

That's what you get with flying Southwest and not having an assigned seat. I do find your comments insulting, having worked for an airline (not southwest) and knowing what those folks have to work with. You paid for priority boarding on a later flight, then asked to be moved to an earlier flight. Then, when you didn't like fact that they wouldn't move other people down the priority list to accommodate you, you complained again and asked to be put back on the original flight. They did that and gave you the priority level on that flight that you paid for. It sure sounds like they were pretty competent to me, they followed their procedures and did everything in their power to meet your demands. Now, if you had been on the earlier flight and had your priority number moved down to accommodate someone else moving to your flight, you would be the first person to throw a fit about that as well.

My friend and adult hockey team mate's missing daughter and her cousin were found dead today. They were abducted back in July and with every day that passed the thought of a good outcome lessened. It's like they had fallen off the face of the Earth with no real leads at all. Hunters found what are likely their two bodies around lunch time today roughly 15 or 20 miles north-northwest of where they were taken. I hope that the police find out who did this and arrest them without releasing any names first. That way the person or persons will at least live out the rest of their miserable lives in prison before someone else evens the score. RIP Elizabeth and Lyric, our hearts ache.

I read the news story on this. Very sad. As a father this is my greatest fear. Thoughts and prayers with the family.

That's what you get with flying Southwest and not having an assigned seat. I do find your comments insulting, having worked for an airline (not southwest) and knowing what those folks have to work with. You paid for priority boarding on a later flight, then asked to be moved to an earlier flight. Then, when you didn't like fact that they wouldn't move other people down the priority list to accommodate you, you complained again and asked to be put back on the original flight. They did that and gave you the priority level on that flight that you paid for. It sure sounds like they were pretty competent to me, they followed their procedures and did everything in their power to meet your demands. Now, if you had been on the earlier flight and had your priority number moved down to accommodate someone else moving to your flight, you would be the first person to throw a fit about that as well.

This is the venting thread, so I was venting.

That Louis CK bit is awesome...I've only ever heard the cleaner Network TV version.

The beginning of that bit is about complaining about cell phone service which is just as "perspective straightening"

My right eye has been twitching most of the day. Side-effect of stress. Really starting to get annoying though.

Been there. Play more hockey. It will go away.

I'm in the process of leaving my wife and it's absolutely killing me. I'm walking around numb all day. And the fact that she swings from violently (literally) angry and drunk to her sweet, normal, sober persona 12 hours later, makes me feel like the bad guy for abandoning her. I'm just sick about all of this, but I really have no other choice. I was going to leave a month ago but she turned on the tears and begged me to give her another chance, so I did, and I have no idea how I'm going to react when I go to move my stuff out and she does the same thing again. I don't know where to find the strength to see her cry and still walk out the door.

A friend that we play with passed away yesterday. One of the most friendly and personable person ever. He served in the Marines and did a tour in Iraq. he's one of those guys that is definitely missed when not around, so much so more now.

Got the 24/48 hour stomach bug that's been going around the office. Can't eat or drink without needing to go visit the toilet. Finally starting to feel better, but this is the 2nd time I've had it. Brutal.

Shuttle service from Portland, ME to Yarmouth, NS is halting operations as of Dec. 31st, once again Nova Scotia is isolated from affordable transportation to and from the province. I guess I have to start making the 10 hour drive again. Damn.

My father traveled standby the last two days to attend a funeral. He didn't take my advice and is now flying here, so I can drive him two hours to get his car and then we can each drive two hours in different directions to get home.