Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Friend of mine, playing in a travel league, years back, got hit from behind in open ice. As he was on the ice, kid ripped off my friend's helmet and kicked him in the head (with his skate on). Skated off the ice, somehow got into his car without anyone stopping him, and drove off. Kid ended up only getting a USA Hockey ban. Ridiculous.

Was your friend okay, did he file charges? assault with a deadly weapon at least?

Another weekend another person crashed into me. Damage assessment a very badly bruised left elbow 2 skinned areas on left leg. Bike rear shifter is toast and has to be rebuilt. Shoe covers and 1 pair of Mich team socks gone.

Pros

kept it upright dammit cause my hands were in the drops like I was coached despite a guy going sideways like a missile into my rear wheel. BMC and Easton wheels are 100 still intact. Was supposed to do a second race today but after watching dudes carted away and looking like they went up Hamburger Hill the wife has cabashed me racing today. Gotta love Cat 5 road bike crit racing. Would be nice to see the actual end of one of my crits

Went off the front for 1 lap like I planned and if my shifter was not toast could have given it a go. Probably would not have stuck but I was pleased that I executed what I had planned and intend to do it again

Another weekend another person crashed into me. Damage assessment a very badly bruised left elbow 2 skinned areas on left leg. Bike rear shifter is toast and has to be rebuilt. Shoe covers and 1 pair of Mich team socks gone.

Pros

kept it upright dammit cause my hands were in the drops like I was coached despite a guy going sideways like a missile into my rear wheel. BMC and Easton wheels are 100 still intact. Was supposed to do a second race today but after watching dudes carted away and looking like they went up Hamburger Hill the wife has cabashed me racing today. Gotta love Cat 5 road bike crit racing. Would be nice to see the actual end of one of my crits

Went off the front for 1 lap like I planned and if my shifter was not toast could have given it a go. Probably would not have stuck but I was pleased that I executed what I had planned and intend to do it again

Hate to tell you again man......but TRUST ME......Cat up as quickly as you can. Who cares if you get smoked in Cat 4, you will at least be safer as they are typically far better bike handlers. Especially in a crit. Cat 5 crits have carnage written all over them at every start.

Glad to hear that you are ok though.

Big boss man needs to realize who is on the email recipient list before he clicks "Reply All" next time.

Looks like I'm going to be spending a lot of time on here and ebay today. Nothing gets someone more motivated on a Monday than that bullshit...

Was your friend okay, did he file charges? assault with a deadly weapon at least?

He was alright, just had to get a lot of stitches closed up. It was a long time ago, so I don't remember exactly what went down, but off the top of my head I don't think he filed any charges or anything, which surprises me now.

Got to work and it was a perfect temperature in my office to lose the jacket and just wear the t-shirt. An hour later the A/C comes on and I'm freezing. Then the heat comes back on and I'm practically sweating. And now the A/C literally just came back on meaning it's going to be freezing in here again. Seriously? If they had just put a window in here none of this would be a problem.

Got to work and it was a perfect temperature in my office to lose the jacket and just wear the t-shirt. An hour later the A/C comes on and I'm freezing. Then the heat comes back on and I'm practically sweating. And now the A/C literally just came back on meaning it's going to be freezing in here again. Seriously? If they had just put a window in here none of this would be a problem.

Lucky, you have A/C. The third floor of my school has no heat or A/C so it's up to the elements to choose what we feel. We're wearing polo shirts til the end of school whether it's freezing or not. It hit 32 degrees in CT today and the windows in Spanish were stuck open

Hitler's birthday and Columbine anniversery, and yesterday was OK City bombings, wtf is up with the past 2 days?

Anniversary of Waco was yesterday as well.

Finally going to the doctor tomorrow for what I think is a chipped or cracked clavicle that I've had for a couple weeks now. Finally hurts too much doing every day things.

What really aggravates me is when people make a really big deal about learning about evolution in school. What aggravates me more is when the teacher straight up says evolution isn't true and that creationism is. I really don't have any form of religious views right now, but aren't the teachers supposed to be impartial to this kind of thing?

Man, I didn't do so incredible on my finals.. but I assume first year teaches you this...

and i've been trying to deal with my keyboard, but I dont know how I managed but my h and g keys wont work, and keys seven eight nine and zero have all turned to y ] nine switches the cursor shape, [

anybody have any ideas?

Edited by adam14

Time to find a new goalie, because when you score seven-eight goals a game, you should be able to win the game, especially when your defense is great. But when you're goalie is allowing anywhere from 13-16 goals a game...it's not even fun anymore.

EDIT - My frustration is so high I forgot to mention I also broke my X:60 today. Blade got jammed in the net skating behind it, jammed into my stomach and SNAP!

Edited by EBondo

Sportstape cloth tape(black). The white tape seems ok, sticks decently, nice thickness.. The black tape tears soo freaking easily that I can't tape my blade because it keeps tearing anytime i pull it so it lays flat. Anyone else experience this from sportstape?

I have to say that I love their laces(Bauer) and their gauze tape but this cloth tape is ridiculous.

Time to find a new goalie, because when you score seven-eight goals a game, you should be able to win the game, especially when your defense is great. But when you're goalie is allowing anywhere from 13-16 goals a game...it's not even fun anymore.

EDIT - My frustration is so high I forgot to mention I also broke my X:60 today. Blade got jammed in the net skating behind it, jammed into my stomach and SNAP!

Damn, is the other team just putting it past him from the blue line or what? With great defense you'd think you could keep it to 5 or 6 GA with a bean bag chair playing net.

If the opposition is scoring 13-16 goals a game then perhaps you should look again at that great defense.

Apparently getting sick and having 2 different family emergencies last semester isn't a good excuse to get my grade changed. They feel I didn't have enough evidence and should have taken care of it last semester. So I have two F's pulling my GPA down while trying to graduate into the worst job market ever.

On the plus side society will take care of me for the rest of my life if I brutally murder everyone and burn down the school.

Tough call on this one.

If the opposition is scoring 13-16 goals a game then perhaps you should look again at that great defense.

I thought that could be the problem. But easy goals...red line, goal line, fluttering shots, stuff like that. (Roller hockey)

Apparently getting sick and having 2 different family emergencies last semester isn't a good excuse to get my grade changed. They feel I didn't have enough evidence and should have taken care of it last semester. So I have two F's pulling my GPA down while trying to graduate into the worst job market ever.

On the plus side society will take care of me for the rest of my life if I brutally murder everyone and burn down the school.

Tough call on this one.

Can't say that I would fully understand your situation, but I feel for you, and I hope you get through this tough time.

Tweaked my knee last week. torn ligaments and things in the past. And i thinks its coming back to me. family doc is thinking torn meniscus. I can function though, but will be seeing an orthopedic surgeon soon if it doesnt get much better.

Tweaked my knee last week. torn ligaments and things in the past. And i thinks its coming back to me. family doc is thinking torn meniscus. I can function though, but will be seeing an orthopedic surgeon soon if it doesnt get much better.'

I sprained my knee 2 years ago playing ball. I had some accupuncture/massage therapy on it...it kept me off the ice for a couple weeks. Hasn't bugged me since.

Until tonight.

Felt it tweak. My ball season and hockey season start on Tuesday. Ball practice at 6:00...hockey at 11:00

Boo-urns!