Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The 2009-2010 Suspension Thread

exactly, it could have been a hit to change the course of the game like the mitchell/toews hit, but instead ten minutes pass while they haul the poor kid off on a stretcher, and you get your captain ass sent to the dressing room.

Hope he's alright but I can only assume what getting your brain smacked around inside your skull at 40mph is going to do for your confidence or your ability to return and be one of the panthers top 6 forwards...

Don't like it, but it doesn't mean I'm going to stop watching hockey... which in turn means that it won't change until a star player goes down with a serious knock, or someone gets killed.

On another note, Cherry's plea to Ovie to calm it down 'cause you're gonna get cut in two' was inspired.

On another note, Cherry's plea to Ovie to calm it down 'cause you're gonna get cut in two' was inspired.

Could it be any more obvious that Don hates Ovie? Someone is telling him to lay off ovechkin but it seems pretty clear he's trying to get people to read between the lines with what he says. He says Ovechkin isn't a cheap shotter like others...then shows like 10 clips of Ovie throwing questionable hits.

I've said it before, and I'll said it again. Dirty, but clean hit. Homerism aside.

Well, make up your mind. Any time you hit someone who isn't looking, and who doesn't even have the puck dirty. Add to the fact that he went for the head, and that increases the douche factor exponentially.

Anyone who wants to relate ANYTHING to Scott Stevens, I am going with Chadd on this one. Stevens was a dirty scumbag, end of story. He wanted to end up on the highlight reel, and he knew he wasn't doing it by going end to end, so he chose the huge dirty hit route, and that's unfortunate. A body check is designed to seperate the player from the PUCK, not his senses.

I only say dirty, but clean due to the strength of the hit. I don't think there was a need for that hard of a hit, but now when I think of it, what choice did he have? His momentum was going to lay out Booth either way. The way I see it, it's over now. He didn't get a suspension, nor do I think he should have gotten one.

I only say dirty, but clean due to the strength of the hit. I don't think there was a need for that hard of a hit, but now when I think of it, what choice did he have? His momentum was going to lay out Booth either way. The way I see it, it's over now. He didn't get a suspension, nor do I think he should have gotten one.

If someone laid out Briere or Gagne with the same type of hit, you wouldn't be moving on so quickly.

The 'best' part about this is he didnt even have to defend himself. Refs sent him off so he didnt get killed like he deserved. I bet Pierre McGuire has a hard on somewhere.

The 'best' part about this is he didnt even have to defend himself. Refs sent him off so he didnt get killed like he deserved. I bet Pierre McGuire has a hard on somewhere.

The only time that happens is when Sidney does something.

get%20pierre%20mcguire%20pics%20from%20wal-mart.jpg

And Chadd...of course I would be pissed, it's our own star player, but I wouldn't be screaming suspension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSILVbnofZM <---i think the best view is at 1:20 in - where he crouches down and launches into the hit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKv2UlneVbk <--full incident

i think its funny that the florida announcers instantly say it was dirty and then the philly announcers try to downplay the whole incident - i guess i wouldn't expect anything else from both sides..

if he would have hit him shoulder to shoulder we wouldnt be having this discussion - it would have just been a great hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSILVbnofZM <---i think the best view is at 1:20 in - where he crouches down and launches into the hit

I never noticed that Richards jumped up as he hit him in the head until I saw that replay. It makes me sick to see cheap shots like that. They used to be called "body checks", there is no body contact in this one. It's a head shot, pure and simple.

Also listened to Colin Campbell on NHL Live this afternoon and it makes me wonder even more how he can still have a job at that level in any organization.

Wow. Richards charged Booth in the head. If it wasn't bad enough that he blindsided him, and that he hit him in the head, he has to load up his legs and jump into the hit too. Im sick and tired of watching players leaving the ice on a fucking stretcher. How often do you see this in other sports? ALMOST NEVER.

Wow. Richards charged Booth in the head. If it wasn't bad enough that he blindsided him, and that he hit him in the head, he has to load up his legs and jump into the hit too. Im sick and tired of watching players leaving the ice on a fucking stretcher. How often do you see this in other sports? ALMOST NEVER.

I don't approve of the hit and I think it was dirty, but if you're gonna complain you gotta get it right. Richards never left his feet, nor jumped into it with his legs. He lead with his shoulder, and aimed for the head.

I don't approve of the hit and I think it was dirty, but if you're gonna complain you gotta get it right. Richards never left his feet, nor jumped into it with his legs. He lead with his shoulder, and aimed for the head.

Watch the slow motion replay that was posted. Richards squats down and then launches himself up into Booth. The launch takes Richards up and off his feet.

jesus alot of the youtube comments piss me off

18FlyersGuy

It was a clean hit he was on the ice cause he slammed his head on the ice

<_<

Watch the slow motion replay that was posted. Richards squats down and then launches himself up into Booth. The launch takes Richards up and off his feet.

I've only seen the real-time videos on TSN. The only time Richards left his feet, that I could see, was after the impact of the hit, where he fell over from the impact per the loss of balance after the hit. I've also only seen two angles, both from above the players, not ice level, which would show him leaving the ice.

I'll take a look. Either way though, the hit was dirty and worthy of 2 games because it's a head shot, IMO. But, Campbell is too much of a bonehead to enforce what he preaches.

chadd i understand if you think it deserved a suspension for being a "hit to the head". but there was no charge at all. he took no strides and his feet never left the ice until AFTER impact. yes he crouched down low and yes he lifted with his legs...but that is simply textbook. every kid is tought to hit like that.

also to those who cry "interference!!" - you are wrong:

" (NOTE 2) Possession of the Puck:

The last player to touch the puck, other than the goalkeeper, shall be considered the player in possession. The player deemed in possession of the puck may be checked legally, provided the check is rendered immediately following his loss of possession."

so no intereference. and no charging.

and to whoever said "he blindsided booth" - im sorry but booth should not have put himself in a position to be so blind. walking through the middle admiring your pass is an invitation to getting wrecked.

i again will say - as a flyers fan - contact was made with the head. but it really comes down to whether it was intentional or not. watch the hit in real time. how fast did the whole sequence occur in? probably under one second. if richards is leading with his shoulder already...and booth puts himself in that position..richards can not pull out of the hit in under one second.

once richards committed himself to the hit..their WAS going to be a hit. its extremely unfortunate that the result was what we saw...but it was not richards's fault. i dont understand why you guys think he is a goon. he doesnt have a history. just because his team has that history doesnt mean he isnt a classy guy.

Richard's is your next door neighbor. That's gotta be it.

what did i say that was wrong?

if you think the hit was a clear intent to injure booth then that is your opinion. i cant change that.

but as for everything else i said...it can not be argued. there was no charge and there was no interference.

also..how about we keep the discussion to one thread? lol

it was a hit to the head - it doesnt matter what he "intended" to do

just because the play happened so fast is no excuse - every play in the nhl happens fast

i guess that is where we will agree to disagree.

i think intention is key. generally you can tell. here you can not.

after all...the penalty was "Intent to Injure"