Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The 2009-2010 Suspension Thread

Briere got two games for a hit on Scott Hannan last night. I didn't see it - can anyone shed some light?

I only saw a quick replay...but Hannan gets the shot in the slot and scores...as he follows through/skates through the area (after the goal)...Briere clocks him....leaves his feet, with his hands/stick high to his face.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=299671

Near the end of the hilite package.

3:25 mark. Briere left his feet to hit Hannan after he scored the goal. They don't show a replay of it, but that's the only one I could find.

definitely a late hit. definitely a cross check and a charge.

two games sounds about right.

Hell...even if the standard was 1 game per infraction...he still came up 1 game short by your count.

definitely a late hit. definitely a cross check and a charge.

two games sounds about right.

Hell...even if the standard was 1 game per infraction...he still came up 1 game short by your count.

so you think he should have gotten more?

3 would have been alright...anything else would just be excessive i think. nhl got this one right imo.

Pretty dangerous hit. Fighting and neck crosschecks, when the hell did Briere become a goon? I find it hilarious though how he had to jump just to get to a level where he could crosscheck him high. Reminded me of Joe Pesci's jump punch in My Cousin Vinny.

Gimme a break. There are some teams where guys can 'play big' because they know there are people who will back them up and there are teams where they can't. Philly has a team full of guys that'll back him up. In my opininon its an advantage so good for him.

Yeah, so where are you trying to go with this? Still doesnt change the fact that it was a cheap shot by Briere. Hell, if you got guys willing to bite other guys you should be good to go ;)

Wouldn't put it past Carcillo on that one......although he has been better this year.

And I already admitted it was a cheap shot by Briere, and he deserved whatever suspension was coming for him. And I'm a Flyers fan, too.

Carcilo shit. Hartnell bit Letangs finger back in October. Just no clear video to show it.

I do need Briere to get back into the lineup as I have him in two fantasy leagues. James Neal and now Briere LOL :(

Carcilo shit. Hartnell bit Letangs finger back in October. Just no clear video to show it.

I do need Briere to get back into the lineup as I have him in two fantasy leagues. James Neal and now Briere LOL :(

Neal is back in tonight, seeing as how his two games have been served.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Innocent until proven guilty.

He never denied it, he smiled and declined comment. It's not like it's something out of character for him as he's probably responsible for more cheap shots than anyone else on the team.

So does Ovie get a suspension for the hit from behind? I say he should get a game or two considering this is his second offense.

Did you see the hit? He hit the shoulder .... shouldn't have even been a game misconduct at all.