Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tour Man

Easton S19 helmet

Yea, im not a fan either. I love my s17, but an uglier design, plus the FAT price tag, and the fact that its only really good for one impact and im not a buyer. Take one of those away and i would consider it.

Looks butt ugly to be honest. When I see that helmet, I get the same gagging reflex in my mouth as when I see any Cascade helmet.

For those with questions about sizing there will be 4 shells with 5 different liners to go with the baseball hat style adjustment. According to Easton the helmet fits 80-90% of people tested. There is a lot of collaboration between Easton and Bell on this helmet. Interestingly, impact testing is happening at McGill University in an independent lab to prove that the helmet is more than safe.

I also think it looks like a Mission Intake helmet( which I had a while back) so I'm alright with the esthetics. The price tag is my beef. At a $170 I find it way overpriced and I'm an Easton equipment fanatic. In my opinion the Cascade M-11 would be a better buy and you'd get just as much protection and only be paying only around $120. I think that's the way I'll go with my next helmet. I'm currently wearing the S-17 which will do me for a few years yet and give me time to see the reviews on both helmets before making a decision.

I find it looks like one of the lower end bauers .. 500 maybe? Not really, just in a way. I think there needs to be more going on at the sides, it looks naked without an adjustment piece or something. Still, i dont find it that bad looking at all.

I think the photo is a little dark and looses some detail. So it may not look as flat on the side in real life. But I haven't seen it in person so it's just a guess.

Not that helmet style matters much to me, if it fits it is fine.

I normally wear a medium lid, but couldn't get this one on my huge melon. It's not the widest helmet which was why I couldn't get it on, but I'm not sure exactly what size it was. There is an occipital adjustment which kind of looks like the back of a plastic snap ball cap. But I can't really comment much beyond that since I couldn't get it on. But as Blue said, this is FREAKY Light! The PHEW Gram whores are going to cream their pants when they get their greasy callused hands on one of these. MSRP is slotted to be ~$170, Without a cage. Which is quite steep for a helmet. Yet with innovation of this magnitude, the price seems warranted. I'm just a little disheartened with the increasing costs of Equipment these days but let's leave that for another conversation.

A $300 stick excessive, $800 skates excessive, $170 protect my dome cool by me.

Saw it in action earlier this evening. Didnt much care for the look of it, the back of the helmet looks like a weird shape to me...but I guess that all probably has something to do with its super safety.

Zach

It seems as if a truly protective helmet has to be as unattractive as possible. On the bright side, I think this means we can gauge how protective a helmet will be when pictures hit the internet.

This helmet technology opens up all sorts of possibilities. Imagine the Blackhawks wearing helmets styled after Rod Blagojevich's hairstyle. How about a base shell with a giant snap on top for different covers, like Lego people? Set these up with SubliTwill's jerseys and shells and the possibilities are endless.