Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shooter27

Would you consider this being a sore loser?

So, to make a long story short, a buddy and I had a friendly bet - nothing serious, something all in good fun - and I lost. Now I think it would be funny if I paid the money I owe him ($100) in either quarter, or singles, or something ridiculous like that. Now, I'm not doing this out of anger or anything, I just think it would be a decent prank, but I don't want to come off as a sore loser either. So, what do you guys think? Funny or sore loser?

I think it depends on your personality, and your buddy's. If i did that with my buds it would be hilarious! While it's kind of a dick move and I don't think i would go through the effort to do it, it would be epic. I can see how it could end badly though. I have other friends that im sure wouldn't take to kindly to the idea.

Neat question, looking forward to other responses.

Singles are too useful, go to the bank and get rolls of those dollar coins no one ever uses, they would probably have a bunch of the Sacajawea ones and that run they did a while ago of Washington, Madison, etc.

definitely not pennies, at Southlake Carrol's football stadium about 4 years ago everyone from my school paid the 5 dollar parking fee in pennies just to be dicks because no High school had a parking lot fee other than those already super rich bastards. It was a pain the ass for both sides.

Having said that doing it in quarters would be hilarious.

Singles! Unless he is more of an acquaintance. In that case, pennies! :lol:

And not rolled pennies, either, just a big ass jar of 'em.

If you live in a state where they have a deposit on beer/soda cans, pay whatever you can with empty cans/bottles.

WIN.

And not rolled pennies, either, just a big ass jar of 'em.

That made me think of "ass pennies" from the old Upright Citizens Brigade show. That's how I'd pay.

When I was living with a friend who was my landlord in college I paid rent several times with an obscene number of checks. Some written for $20, some for $0.15, and so on, all adding up to the rent total. He never said anything, so I assumed he either thought it was funny or just shook his head and had some 'splainin to do to the teller.

I had 500 checks with my college address on them, and I think I still have 300 of them that need shredding.

That made me think of "ass pennies" from the old Upright Citizens Brigade show. That's how I'd pay.

Wow, I remember that skit- good stuff. I miss UCB and The State.

That said, why not pay in some obscure foreign currency with massive inflation. Hand him a briefcase of Pesos or something.

Don't be an asshole, do it in nickles.

...Or go to a currency exchange and pay him in Yen, Rand or whatever obscure currency you decide.

...Or go to the post office and pay him in postage stamps.

Don't be an asshole, do it in nickles.

...Or go to a currency exchange and pay him in Yen, Rand or whatever obscure currency you decide.

...Or go to the post office and pay him in postage stamps.

If he does that then there is a chance he underpays due to exchange rate fluctuations.

also true.

i bought a computer off a friend years ago with a pickle jar full of $1 and $2 coins. "trust me, its all there"

And when I'm down there, and I pay for something with a $5, I usually just put away my wallet thinking I'll just throw the change in my pocket.. Then I get a handful of bills back...drives me nuts.