Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Wish we had a program like that around here.

Are Kovalchuk's shoulder caps actually sitting on the front of his shoulders or does the picture/pose just make it look this way? I've never seen anyone who's caps sat that far forward before.

Wish we had a program like that around here.

Are Kovalchuk's shoulder caps actually sitting on the front of his shoulders or does the picture/pose just make it look this way? I've never seen anyone who's caps sat that far forward before.

i think those are just for the photo, i believe he has been wearing vapor 10's

i think those are just for the photo, i believe he has been wearing vapor 10's

Those dont look like they'd meet the new standards for the caps. So either an old picture or not the pads he wears in games I'd assume.

After sitting on the glass at the red wings/sharks game tonight. I can say a few things. I saw no APX skates. It seemed like a pretty even split between the total one and vapor skates. There were a handful of total one sticks, but a pretty even split between Warrior and Easton. The most common combo I saw especially on the Red Wings was Vapor skates, Warrior Franchise for gloves, and the Warrior Widow for a stick. The other thing that tripped me out is how short most of the player sticks are! We are talking below collar bone short. The guys using the Widows really seemed to like the sticks, good hard shots. :biggrin:

After sitting on the glass at the red wings/sharks game tonight. I can say a few things. I saw no APX skates. It seemed like a pretty even split between the total one and vapor skates. There were a handful of total one sticks, but a pretty even split between Warrior and Easton. The most common combo I saw especially on the Red Wings was Vapor skates, Warrior Franchise for gloves, and the Warrior Widow for a stick. The other thing that tripped me out is how short most of the player sticks are! We are talking below collar bone short. The guys using the Widows really seemed to like the sticks, good hard shots. :biggrin:

The only guys on the red wings who uses all three items stated is Zetterberg and Draper. Furthermore, from the picture I saw against the Ducks, Z might be in APX.

Z.png

Heres him against the Sharks, can't really tell which ones.

Nah, those just look like X:60's. I could be wrong, but the tendon guard on the APX's has a Silver V-like stripe/shape, no line up the middle.

Affirmative......they are X60's

Did anyone see the Taylor Hall fight last night.

His Warrior Projekt girdle was very visible under his Easton shell. I know that often endorsed players do not always use all product from their endorser, but its always funny to me when its obviously shown on national TV.

This is just for photo session.

Everybody knows that Ковальчук wears Bauer Vapor6 shoulder pads and 9144 Pro elbows.

Seems like a lot of trouble to go through, thematically it doesnt fit, and to what point and purpose would the DR shoulder pads be better than the Vapor 6 for this picture? I think theres a chance he might just be wearing the DRs, maybe they were a soft pad that fits the specs or something.

What's up with Holmstrom's four rolls?

Something on his right glove that isn't there on his left... a strip of padding added to cover his fourth and fifth digits?

i wonder how much DR paid to get those on him...they seem to be going with the traditional look, along with their new gloves

The only guys on the red wings who uses all three items stated is Zetterberg and Draper. Furthermore, from the picture I saw against the Ducks, Z might be in APX.

Z.png

Heres him against the Sharks, can't really tell which ones.

Lidstrom is in Supremes warrior gloves, amd a widow stick. Holmstrom had the Vapors, widow, and bauer gloves.

Z was wearing x:60's. I was second row behind the net and there during warm ups. I saw not a single pair of APX.

You do know that Warrior is out of Michigan right?

No I did not. For some reason I though they were out of Canada. Makes sense though!

Lidstrom is in Supremes warrior gloves, amd a widow stick. Holmstrom had the Vapors, widow, and bauer gloves.

Z was wearing x:60's. I was second row behind the net and there during warm ups. I saw not a single pair of APX.

No I did not. For some reason I though they were out of Canada. Makes sense though!

Draper was an investor in Innovative, a precursor brand to Warrior, I'm sure that had a lot to do with his teammates using it over the years.

His Warrior Projekt girdle was very visible under his Easton shell. I know that often endorsed players do not always use all product from their endorser, but its always funny to me when its obviously shown on national TV.

yesss I'm glad someone else picked this up.

He had the same thing on his Eastons. It almost looks like he takes the padding flap from the inside of his gloves, and keeps it pulled out and on top of his wrist.

I own a pair of his easton's.

Its a addtional wrist guard added.

Ill post pics when I have 2 seconds.

Was it just me or was hall not wearing a fight strap? I thought they were required.

Was it just me or was hall not wearing a fight strap? I thought they were required.

They are but I guarantee he never expects to drop the gloves. If you are in a fight without it on you get ejected from the game.

They are but I guarantee he never expects to drop the gloves. If you are in a fight without it on you get ejected from the game.

And a good reason for him not to drop them again.... High ankle sprain at end of the fight and he's done for the season.

I own a pair of his easton's.

Its a addtional wrist guard added.

Ill post pics when I have 2 seconds.

On his Warriors, Z also has his name stitched on the outside of the pinky finger area just like the Eastons. I guess that's neat and different too.