Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2011 CCM Catalogue

The U+ CL gloves I tried on a few months ago were extremely comfortable and mobile. Easily the best feeling CCM's I've tried in years.

Of course, they were Lecavalier's =)

The U+ CL gloves I tried on a few months ago were extremely comfortable and mobile. Easily the best feeling CCM's I've tried in years.

Of course, they were Lecavalier's =)

I'm interested in the CL's too. Its been a long time since I've put on a CCM glove that I've liked, but this looks promising.

yeah they switched it up this year. P42 duchene instead of p34 hamrlik. Apparently the p42 has a lower lie than the p34.

nice to see ccm getting back into shafts/blades. I wish ccm/rbk would put out a high end standard shaft though.

ccm rebranding the koho crossover 2260 sticks and blades?

the new cl glove looks interesting and I'm curious to try on the 4 roll to see If I find it any more comfortable

The U 10 shaft isn't high-end? I'm looking for a traditional shaped 75 flex shaft so I'm hoping this one fits the bill. I'll probably get it regardless of how high-end it is, but I'm just curious.

The U 10 shaft isn't high-end? I'm looking for a traditional shaped 75 flex shaft so I'm hoping this one fits the bill. I'll probably get it regardless of how high-end it is, but I'm just curious.

Reebok 11k comes in 75. And it's the traditional shaft shape. 6k for the standard shaft lovers(little lower spec). I believe the CCM is the "contoured" style.

crazy ovie replacemet blades! Brilliant!

I said that based on what rbk has been doing with shafts latley. They make a high end tapered shaft, then make a lower end standard shaft. I'm assuming ccm is doing the same exact thing if they named the standard shaft the U+ 10. The U+ 10 is a mid level stick so I'm assuming the shaft of the same name isn't constructed of better materials

I'm interested in the CL's too. Its been a long time since I've put on a CCM glove that I've liked, but this looks promising.

Are the CL's a more traditional fitting glove, anatomical or in-between?

I guess I'd have to say in between. They aren't super snug on your hands and the wrist is pretty loose. Very nice gloves, definitely a step up for CCM. Would have been better without that tribal/ovi nonsense across the hand though.

Will CCM come out with a LE CL skate ?

On Thehockeyshop twitter they said that Ovi's winter classic skate would be coming to retail in spring and provided a pic, but what about something a bit more... slick?

yeah they switched it up this year. P42 duchene instead of p34 hamrlik. Apparently the p42 has a lower lie than the p34.

nice to see ccm getting back into shafts/blades. I wish ccm/rbk would put out a high end standard shaft though.

ccm rebranding the koho crossover 2260 sticks and blades?

the new cl glove looks interesting and I'm curious to try on the 4 roll to see If I find it any more comfortable

Definitely looks like the Koho Crossover is now the CCM Crossover. Best ball hockey blade out there IMO, nice to see that it'll now be offered in 2 curves (Ovechkin and Thornton), before it was only offered in Koho's "Jagr" which is a pretty extreme curve (deep and open). But then again, the Thornton basically looks like a Jagr clone (too open for ball hockey IMO), and the Ovi is open too, so still not what I want. I really just want a Crossover type blade (wood/fiberglass with an ABS strip on the bottom for durability) in a P88/Iggy clone, way easier to keep shots down with a ball, but I guess I'll have to wait on that.

The curves are downright confusing. The '11 Ovechkin pattern looks like the old ('10) Lecavalier - so why change the name? The new Lecavalier is now what appears to be a Zetterberg rather than the listed 'Iginla'. Then the Myers/Burns confusion...

Yeah, there must be some kind of typo with the Thornton and Lecavalier curves. From the pictures these two curves look VERY different, yet they say the Lecavalier is an Iggy clone, while the Thornton is a Kane clone, but that can't be possible because the Iggy and Kane are almost the exact same curve. And quite frankly, neither look like an Iggy/Kane, as you said the Lecavalier is too flat and looks more like a Zetterberg, while the Thornton is too open (and looks like some insane big, open curve, like the Sherwood Coffey or, as I said above, the Koho Jagr). The Tavares still looks like the closest thing to an Iggy/Kane.

Think Easton ST

They sound pretty different to me. The CS basically seems like an exact clone of the CL, but with more carbon layers to make it stronger (though a bit heavier). It's got a foam core blade, unlike the ST which has a purely carbon/resin blade (I think that's what the other poster was getting at when he called the ST blade "filed"), it's lighter (460 g vs. 510 g for the ST), and my guess is it'll have more of a tapered shaft with more concave walls (vs. the ST's fairly square walls and not much taper). I currently use an ST, love its durability but kind of miss the performance of my old one95 (which also had the foam core blade, tapered shaft, lighter weight and concave walls), if this CS is indeed very durable with performance similar to the CL (other than the weight) then it sounds like a pretty interesting stick to me.

Edit: I was wrong about the ST blade, having seen a broken ST blade recently it actually DOES have a foam core, but with 3 carbon fiber ribs running down the middle for added structural integrity.

I'm curious how close the new Lecavalier pattern actually is to the Easton Iginla. If it is finally a clone then maybe I'll give these guys another go.

just got one today, it's pretty spot on for the Iginla

Anyone know for sure if the CS tapered shaft is grip or not? It doesn't say that it is in the catalog but on a couple of sites they say that it has grip.