Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trevor13478

HBO 24/7 Road to the NHL Winter Classic

I'm looking forward to Dan's positive spin to the WC game while Boudreau is going to be really f'n happy in the locker room after the game. Which makes me wonder how they set up a football locker room designed for 50 guys for a hockey team with 20? That should be interesting to see.

I'm looking forward to Dan's positive spin to the WC game while Boudreau is going to be really f'n happy in the locker room after the game. Which makes me wonder how they set up a football locker room designed for 50 guys for a hockey team with 20? That should be interesting to see.

They showed the pens room before the game in an interview with dan bylsma, it's the same set-up. They just added penguins logos and sayings.

Photos of pregame, game, and post game of the WC.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/gallerylanding.htm?id=19342

Another well done episode. Too bad it's over. HBO needs to talk little Gary into a playoff edition.

Fleury was pretty funny in the Pens Shootout, I couldn't stop laughing of how he reminded me of the goalie from Slap Shot.

Another well done episode. Too bad it's over. HBO needs to talk little Gary into a playoff edition.

Fleury was pretty funny in the Pens Shootout, I couldn't stop laughing of how he reminded me of the goalie from Slap Shot.

more like the other way around. the NHL pushed this project hard, not HBO. HBO wanted to do a baseball one.

I was thinking the same thing. That was very funny.

Wish there were more episodes, but it was great while it lasted. Now I'll be watching Oil Change.

oil change is ok too. its not quite as in depth or as deep behind the scenes , but good. cant wait to see the episode with omarks shootout winner , to see what the boys on the bench were sayin.

This ep was on the other night. Tom Renney came into the changeroom after the game and did a spinorama before he started talking to the team - they all cracked up.

McDonalds ran commercial up here promoting the NHL mini sticks with a tiny French Canadian goalie (JC Petite)...stopping shots and lipping shooters, it reminded me of that.

That 'speech' at the end over teh montage of footage was awesome.

I thought the narrative throughout the entire series was excellent. As players we get it and for the casual fan if he wanted to try and figure out our passion, there it was.

I freaking LOVE the way Bylsma announces his starting lineup. The cheer for each guy and Crosby tips his hat if he's starting. And..I didn't know he (Sid) was so superstitious, you'd think he was a golaie for all his quirks..

I felt like the Caps are run like a beer league team in their locker room, and the Pens like a peewee team. It was cool to see the 2 transitions, bad to good for the Caps, and Good to bad for the Pens.

morgan freeman doing voiceover? there's an original idea.

How about Liam Neesan or James Earl Jones then.

Just finished watching part 4. Fluery in the shootout during practice... absolutely hilarious.

I don't know about Liam Neesan. Last time I heard his voice over his character got killed two minutes into it (Fallout 3).

did you finish the game? I dont wanna give spoilers

I really loved this HBO series. I hope they do this again.

I also love Oil Change on NHLN. Can anyone tell me a specific day and time that the new episodes air? I seem to stumble upon them at random times. I have seen three or four different episodes now I think. Most recently they were playing some games where Horcoff got injured.

i love the shit talking during the game..

the ref "I just missed 7 fuckin cross checks... i'm pretty fuckin awful"

crosby "I watch fuckin 80 games a year on tv and thats a penalty shot every time"

This series has pretty much proven that Crosby is most definitely a whiner.

i never bought into that until the locker room interview after he got hit by david steckel where he was almost crying