Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Official Warrior Widow Discussion Thread

hey i know you've said that gionta is top 5 in the most popular patterns. can you tell me what are the other 4? if you guys ditch the vanek ill cry since no other company makes a clone.

KP, will the Gionta hit int flexes come October as well?

Sorry...No.

hey i know you've said that gionta is top 5 in the most popular patterns. can you tell me what are the other 4? if you guys ditch the vanek ill cry since no other company makes a clone.

Sorry...no can do.

Vanek is good, but popular in pockets of NA.

So I'm guessing this is a prelude to the "event in June that'll knock our socks off"?

More info to come on knocking your socks off Dolo....

Excellent stuff Miseaujeu. And glad Warrior is adding more pattern to the SR offerings. I'll always be a big supporter of Warrior sticks, and if there was ever any constructive critique I had is that Warrior didn't quite have the retail pattern selection some of the other brands do.

Question regarding the W88...assuming it's a similar mid to the P88...how will it differ from the Kovalchuk retail pattern?

Thanks for the kind words. We're listening.

Good assumption. Differences are rounded heel, longer blade and not "hooded", or closed face, like the Kovalchuk.

Vanek is good, but popular in pockets of NA./quote]

Please tell me your keeping the Vanek!!! Only curve I use.

I've had a Widow since 5/10 Savard-85 flex Grip. Amazing performing stick,little tough on receiving hard passes but besides that,,GREAT!!! I was using a 75 flex Dolomite and a 85 as back up this stick is the perfect in between.Quick things come off like the 75 and the bigger stuff seems to grunt like the 85.. LOVE IT!!!

BUT...

Skating 3-4 times a week with puck times ( lots of shots) and pick ups, The Bottom of the blade has developed that square perpendicular to the blade cracking that will result in a 1/4 inch/Two inch rectangle chunk breaking off of the bottom of the blade.

Looking forward to my replacement.

Question,,,, Will the 88 pattern come in different lies??? Something as low as my Savard?? Hope so,,,,,

I've had a Widow since 5/10 Savard-85 flex Grip. Amazing performing stick,little tough on receiving hard passes but besides that,,GREAT!!! I was using a 75 flex Dolomite and a 85 as back up this stick is the perfect in between.Quick things come off like the 75 and the bigger stuff seems to grunt like the 85.. LOVE IT!!!

BUT...

Skating 3-4 times a week with puck times ( lots of shots) and pick ups, The Bottom of the blade has developed that square perpendicular to the blade cracking that will result in a 1/4 inch/Two inch rectangle chunk breaking off of the bottom of the blade.

Looking forward to my replacement.

Question,,,, Will the 88 pattern come in different lies??? Something as low as my Savard?? Hope so,,,,,

Sorry to hear about your blade cracking. That's alot of hockey!

W88 will be lie4

Why is there no reviews or even a long term review on here regarding the Widow? I'm sure there are a lot of people that could post by now.

Why is there no reviews or even a long term review on here regarding the Widow? I'm sure there are a lot of people that could post by now.

Long term reviews are for products that the companies give to our members through an established demo program we established a few years ago. As for the other reviews, most people don't seem to want to take the time to write a formal review.

I plan on writing one once I have used the stick long enough to justify a review.

Long term reviews are for products that the companies give to our members through an established demo program we established a few years ago. As for the other reviews, most people don't seem to want to take the time to write a formal review.

Which Warrior is committed to; however, they cannot keep the Widow in stock. So, we wait.

I plan on writing one once I have used the stick long enough to justify a review.

We appreciate it.

Which Warrior is committed to; however, they cannot keep the Widow in stock. So, we wait.

Exactly, it wasn't intended as a criticism of warrior at all. They have been a fantastic partner in the long term review program in the past and we anticipate working with them again in the future.

I used my Widow at pick up today for the 2nd time. I love it. It loads up so easily and the puck just rockets off the blade. Also, the blade feel is incredible compared to past Warrior sticks (and I like the blades on those). No more pingyness, it makes catching hard passes almost effortless.

Also, glad to see that custom sticks will be available in July. Looks cool!

Aggh! I wanna try one so bad! Nobody I know has one and I just got a TO. I cant justify buying another $200+ stick for alittle while. But this will be my next stick for sure!

A lot of people saying it loads up easily, which is to be expected given the taper. Out of curiosity, and I know this is pretty subjective/hard to say, but how would people compare the ease of loading with a Widow to, say, Bauer Supreme sticks? Am I right in thinking you get a decent flex with the same force/effort you'd normally put into a lower flex stick? Like an 85 flex Widow flexes decently with roughly the same force put in to decently flex an average 77 flex Bauer Supreme line stick?

A lot of people saying it loads up easily, which is to be expected given the taper. Out of curiosity, and I know this is pretty subjective/hard to say, but how would people compare the ease of loading with a Widow to, say, Bauer Supreme sticks? Am I right in thinking you get a decent flex with the same force/effort you'd normally put into a lower flex stick? Like an 85 flex Widow flexes decently with roughly the same force put in to decently flex an average 77 flex Bauer Supreme line stick?

I feel you do, the main thing I've noticed is when the widow loads you notice but don't feel it in the way you do with a supreme because the supreme's kickpoint is closer to your hand.

same here. looks like a game changer. 16 flex options? must mean different profiles. exciting.

More info coming on this subject. Might have to ask JR to start another thread when we get closer to revealing the details. Sorry Mods!