Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Official Warrior Widow Discussion Thread

I've had mine for around a month now and liking it so far. It took a little while to adjust at first, but now I am used to it I can really feel the benefit.

Good things =

1) puck feel is great, with the blade feeling softer than other high end "shooting" sticks. Having this naturally helps my passing.

2) snap & wrist shots with the extra whip, but not with the power loss I have found when using really whippy sticks

3) Tough - knock on wood, it is holding up so far with hardly any chips etc to the dagger taper. I know it looks flimsy, but when you use it, it really isn't.

4) Great paint work that doesn't peel off ... I candy cane, so with Easton's the paint job always just peels and looks/feels terrible.

Bad Things = I am struggling with 1 time slap shots at present. I think I am trying to make all the power, rather than letting the stick do the work ... I think this is more the workman than the tool, so going to try and adjust this and take 1/2 swings etc.

I am using the 85 and def feels a little whippier than a "standard" 85 Warrior and other 85's. This is prob because I always cut them down, so they are really 90-95's. With TPS Whip flex/85 Z-Bubbles etc, my one touch passes were terrible and always out of control. With the Widow I still feel I have the control with these sort of passes.

I've had mine for around a month now and liking it so far. It took a little while to adjust at first, but now I am used to it I can really feel the benefit.

Good things =

1) puck feel is great, with the blade feeling softer than other high end "shooting" sticks. Having this naturally helps my passing.

2) snap & wrist shots with the extra whip, but not with the power loss I have found when using really whippy sticks

3) Tough - knock on wood, it is holding up so far with hardly any chips etc to the dagger taper. I know it looks flimsy, but when you use it, it really isn't.

4) Great paint work that doesn't peel off ... I candy cane, so with Easton's the paint job always just peels and looks/feels terrible.

Bad Things = I am struggling with 1 time slap shots at present. I think I am trying to make all the power, rather than letting the stick do the work ... I think this is more the workman than the tool, so going to try and adjust this and take 1/2 swings etc.

I am using the 85 and def feels a little whippier than a "standard" 85 Warrior and other 85's. This is prob because I always cut them down, so they are really 90-95's. With TPS Whip flex/85 Z-Bubbles etc, my one touch passes were terrible and always out of control. With the Widow I still feel I have the control with these sort of passes.

Very nice review Stamp.

This new concept in flex concentration does take a little to get used to, but it really does do the work for the player. Many of our testers also shared the same feelings on one-timers, where they put less effort into swinging their arms but more into guiding the puck to their target, the load and release did the rest of the work for them.

Just came from my LHS - the Widow felt really great in my hands. Love the feel and weigth and balance. Anyone care to comment on puck feel/stickhandling? That's my number one criterion.

I'd really like to get it out on the ice - any chance we can demo these in the Boston area?

I would love to see the stick in the Kremlin curve! I have learned to shoot with the curve and now I think I am stuck!

Patience, young grasshopper.

I was actually wondering this as well. I took a tape measurer and went around the shaft of my DDs.

The senior was 3.7 inches around and the intermediate was 3.5 inches.

Good that theres not that much of a difference!...Im not tall or strong enough to get a senior stick but i hate the thinness of intermediate shafts that are the same as jr shafts!

Just have to save up and get this stick now haha

The INT shaft thickness is closer to the SR.

Thanks =D

Warrior's True1 technology uses a process where the blade and shaft are molded together. Fused product (like the original Synergy) take a fully molded blade and shaft and connect them, giving you a fuse point. Think of it as a shaft and blade product with no "visible" joint or gap.

So, in theory, you could say that technically the shaft never stops and forms into a blade? Like the weave of the fibers int the composite never stops ever, the heel of the blade is actually where the blade starts, not traditionally where it would start at the high hossel?

So what can I do with a Widow that has a broken blade? With the taper being so thin, if I tried to turn it into a shaft it would be way too short from having to cut so high, right?

Do I just have a really expensive paperweight?

So what can I do with a Widow that has a broken blade? With the taper being so thin, if I tried to turn it into a shaft it would be way too short from having to cut so high, right?

Do I just have a really expensive paperweight?

If you wanted to you could flip it and put a blade in the top end and have the tapered part in your hands. I dont know if that would feel really weird though because of the flex points. Might make a decent backup

Malone was using an all blue one tonight. Anyone have a clear pic of the new look?

I thought it was an old Mac Daddy, but then there was a clear shot of it on the TV after he scored and it was a widow.

i just bought this stick and after one night of use the blade appears to be splitting on the bottom and there is a good size chip in the bottom of the heel also. im guessing i just got a bad stick but would the warranty cover this?

I thought it was an old Mac Daddy, but then there was a clear shot of it on the TV after he scored and it was a widow.

I think you mean Starsky. There wasn't a red Mac Daddy, was there? I'm an idiot. I just read the quote and saw you were referring to Malone's blue stick and not Lidstrom's. My bad.

That's a beauty. I wish they offered that at retail. Hopefully the event that Miseaujeu was talking about will involve custom colorways. I think all of the companies should have a customizer for sticks and gloves.

That's a beauty. I wish they offered that at retail. Hopefully the event that Miseaujeu was talking about will involve custom colorways. I think all of the companies should have a customizer for sticks and gloves.

I think it might be. I mentioned wanting the widow with the Kremlin curve and he said patience young grasshopper. I hope this is the outcome. Custom paint, flex, and curve!

I think it might be. I mentioned wanting the widow with the Kremlin curve and he said patience young grasshopper. I hope this is the outcome. Custom paint, flex, and curve!

More info coming on the subject of the Kremlin, Malone/Lidstrom Widows and other Widow related issues. Can't speak on these items just yet.

Picture of Malones widow if you didnt see it

113686083.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BF

Looks like the old school Innovative Blue is back. SWEET!!

I picked up an 85 flex today. It seems very stiff compared to my 85 flex Diablo. I couldn't really flex the Widow at all. I thought it would've been the opposite as it has a more aggressive taper than the Diablo.