Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Official Warrior Widow Discussion Thread

I picked up an 85 flex today. It seems very stiff compared to my 85 flex Diablo. I couldn't really flex the Widow at all. I thought it would've been the opposite as it has a more aggressive taper than the Diablo.

Congrats on the new purchase! Thanks for your business.

Since you've already used the Diablo, you should feel that the Widow is more whippy down low when start shooting with it. The actual flex (while flex testing it in the store) doesn't really convey the actual flex PROFILE when it is used on a shot. Give us some more feedback when you get it on the ice, really curious to hear your findings versus the Diablo.

Another point to be aware of is the lack of "joint" or fuse point on the Widow. This should make the stick whippier, lower as well as move the center of gravity of the stick higher, leading to a lighter blade feel.

Let us know your thoughts.

Thanks

I read this somewhere before, but now can't seem to find it. I like a 5.5 or 5 lie, 5.5 is my preference. Would my best bet be to go with the Warrior Widow 4 or 5 lie?

I read this somewhere before, but now can't seem to find it. I like a 5.5 or 5 lie, 5.5 is my preference. Would my best bet be to go with the Warrior Widow 4 or 5 lie?

I think part of that is going to depend on which curve you're looking at. To be safe, I'd recommend comparing sticks at the shop to see which lines up best with what you're used to using.

I think part of that is going to depend on which curve you're looking at. To be safe, I'd recommend comparing sticks at the shop to see which lines up best with what you're used to using.

The only problem is that no LHS around me carries any Widows; it's annoying. I like Vanek and Savard.

The only problem is that no LHS around me carries any Widows; it's annoying. I like Vanek and Savard.

Just check out any Warrior sticks in stock with lie 4/5 Vanek/Savards, it's not like a lie 4 Savard Dolo (for example) is gonna have a different lie than a lie 4 Savard Widow . . .

Well, I have to say, this is one of the best performing sticks I've ever owned. Blade feels fantastic, shots are great.

But, the worst in terms of durability. Less than a month and the bottom of the blade is coming apart. Just like the last three Warriors I've owned.

Luckily, I'm still under the warranty period (barely), so I'll get a replacement. I'm hoping it lasts longer than 28 days, because I'm very weary on buying another Warrior stick. Especially at $300.

the s19 is a fused one piece. the widow is a true one piece.

Oh Great. So the kickpoint is even noticeable lower?

Oh Great. So the kickpoint is even noticeable lower?

They say the kickpoint is noticeably lower but I've heard mixed reviews. I'm personally going to try out a widow over the s19 soon. There was a leak on a blue one and if it's coming out soon I'll hold off till it does.

The kickpoint feels a lot lower. It's going to feel incredibly whippy coming from the same flex S19, but only when you want it to (on most shots), if that makes any sense. I used the S19 and the Widow back to back.

The Widow, in my opinion, performs better. I'm iffy on the durability.

The kickpoint feels a lot lower. It's going to feel incredibly whippy coming from the same flex S19, but only when you want it to (on most shots), if that makes any sense. I used the S19 and the Widow back to back.

The Widow, in my opinion, performs better. I'm iffy on the durability.

Thank you for your feedback! How does the balance of the blade compare? The dolomite was really heavy-bladed. How about durability?

I know that this is the Widow thread, but is the Gionta pattern going to be offered on Jr blades or Int Widows/Dolos/sticks?

According to the catalog the gionta pattern is only available on sr sticks

Thank you for your feedback! How does the balance of the blade compare? The dolomite was really heavy-bladed. How about durability?

I'd say it's slightly blade heavy, but not to the point where it's an issue.

Durability wise, the heel of the blade was chipping and cracked in half within a month. My previous Warrior sticks broke at the blade (many in the same sport). I'm hoping to hell I just got a defective one. I did get a warranty replacement, so here's to that one giving me at least a few months.

I've gotten a few uses out of my Widow. Quick little review.

Blade: Probably the best feel I've used since the One95. Receive passes easily.

Shaft/Flex: I prefer the Dolo/Diablo shaft geometry.

Passing: The one thing I'm having problems with. My passes are a little off. Passes are not as hard/fast. I believe it's due to the whippy taper. Something I have to get use to and work on.

Shooting: AMAZING! Wrist, snap, slap/one timers are all excellent.

Weight and balance: One of the lightest sticks I've used and balance is great even after cutting 6" off. I believe it was a little more blade heavy than my Diablo but can't recall and can't really compare anymore. (more info below)

Durability: So far so good.

So my Diablo didn't last. The blade crapped out. Toe split and the heel started to peel when taking tape off. It was a good stick. I love the Dolo/Diablo shaft shape. Shooting and passing were really good but the Widow is better at shooting. Can't say the same with passing yet. Blade definitely goes to the Widow.

Overall the Widow is a great stick. Gotta get use to passing with it and hopefully the blade holds up. If this "stick customizer" happens, a sweet option would be for the Dolo/Diablo shape on the Widow. My Total One will probably be my backup stick now.

The blade crapped out. Toe split and the heel started to peel when taking tape off. It was a good stick.

Sigh.

I hope the durability of Warrior blades starts to improve. They make a good, albeit fragile, product. I was completely ready to buy a couple more of the Widows when I was down in the 'States. Now, not so much.

Dont forget that the Diablo and the Widow have slightly different blades, the Widow has the X-stitch which is supposed to help durability.

Ordered a Widow, can't wait to try it out

I will add to the review that my widow is a great shooter but the Total One is still much better at receiving a pass. The blade feel on the TO is much better. The shot is better on the widow. Im guessing the kickpoint could be some of the reason.