Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

t6lock

2011-2012 All-Stars

The guy had a so-so rookie year and while he is off to a hot start I don't think you can justify having 5 Bruins forwards on the ballot. The other guys have a little more of a track record in the league so it would be a tough argument to put him on in place of one of them.

What's the All-Star game based on? Last year, this year, career?

Yeah, I'm confused about that too because Crosby is on the list. While I can't deny his output in previous years, he hasn't even played a game yet this year...

What's the All-Star game based on? Last year, this year, career?

Kind of a combination, the ballot usually contains elite players regardless of start/current season and some guys who had breakout seasons the year before. You'll usually also see a smattering of guys on the downside but who have had great careers.

Its based on popularity. With the new system everyone just wants to see all the top players on the ice. There are many players that deserve to be on the ballot that are not.

I liked it back when the players were chose based on their stats not by the fans.

i think i'd rather see who we, the fans, want to see instead of the players controlling who makes the team. i agree with Chadd too

i think i'd rather see who we, the fans, want to see instead of the players controlling who makes the team. i agree with Chadd too

Then it becomes the All-Star-Popularity-Contest Game.

The All-Star Game is for the fans and has no bearing on the season, thus that's why it's a fan-vote and you see campaigns like for Rory Fitzpatrick (whatever happened to the guy?) going on. The players (well, Captains) already have a say in the drafting process.

I'm a fan of the drafting process, but the fan voting is a joke most years. Montreal got it's entire starting lineup in the game. Sorry but I don't think Andrei Markov and Alex Kovalev deserved to be in the starting lineup, especially when Markov's leg was in pieces. And if I wanted to see that many Pens and Habs players in one game, I'd watch a Pens Habs game. Geez that year was rediculious.

Aside from injury problems, Markov has been one of the most productive defensemen in recent years. If it wasn't for the injury bug he would get the recognition that he deserves, and this is coming from a Bruins fan.

I understand it's in Ottawa, but Alfie, Speeza, and Michalek make up 3 of the top 4?

Karlsson is number one overall as well

No Patrick Sharp? Last year's MVP, one of 3 players with at least 20 goals and 20 assists. Eddie O. thinks it's because of his injury.

Does the NHL really skip players because of injury? Seems to me that they don't do that in other sports, and the selection itself can trigger bonus clauses in a player's contract.

No Patrick Sharp? Last year's MVP, one of 3 players with at least 20 goals and 20 assists. Eddie O. thinks it's because of his injury.

Does the NHL really skip players because of injury? Seems to me that they don't do that in other sports, and the selection itself can trigger bonus clauses in a player's contract.

Yes, players and teams will routinely ask to have players removed from consideration. It's even easier when there are bigger names on the team.