Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

t6lock

2011-2012 All-Stars

I didn't know Detroit asked for Lidstrom not to be considered. I didn't hear it mentioned when NHL Network had someone from Detroit management on the phone yesterday afternoon, and they talked for a while about him not being selected.

Lidstrom has done it all. he is getting old and the extra break for him will be 98% of the reason he opted out this year.

I for one just as a detroit fan was hoping Howard didn't make it either ( even though everybody knows he is all star worthy ) just for the extra rest because well our backup goalie sucks :(

But its ALLLLL a popularity contest, eg crosby was one of the highest recieving votes but having only played a few games this year and 3 ottawa senators forwards as highest 3 vote getters....no way in hell any 3 of them are in the top 3 forwards of the league no matter which way you look at it

Alfredsson deserves it just because of his career and it is being played in Ottawa. Spezza is having a great year offensively and, I'm as surprised as anyone, Michalek hasn't really tailed off like expected. Are there guys who I would have voted ahead of them? Probably, but it isn't like they wrote in Foligno or something.

Yeah I agree Chippa. As much as I dislike the Sens, all three guys are having really good years and it's showing in the outcomes. Don't think anyone expected the Sens to be in a playoff race at all, especially not at the half way point. Throw Karlsson and decent team defense in the mix and they're probably top 3 surprises of the season.

I didn't know Detroit asked for Lidstrom not to be considered.

Per Pierre LeBrun:

"Let’s make one thing clear off the top, however. Teemu Selanne and Nicklas Lidstrom were not "snubbed" by the NHL. The league wanted them there but both future Hall of Famers politely declined, wanting instead to rest their old bones that weekend.

Selanne was asked by the league and said it should name Corey Perry instead. Lidstrom was proactive, a source told ESPN.com Thursday, informing the league well in advance that he’d rather rest that weekend and spent time with his family."

Not sure if there should be a separate topic for this, but 108.8 for Chara on the gun. Just insane.

ihonestly for some odd reason feel the hardest shot competetition was rigged.. how did weber go from 102 kmph to 106? i just feel bettman said u know what they are messing around in the khl we might as well do this...

I wonder what Al MacInnis could do with today's stick technology in that competition.

I wonder what Shea Weber could do if he was Chara's height/weight.

i was surprised nobody broke a stick in the hardest shot - i don't know if they were switching sticks between shots or if stick tech has just improved that much or if it was just luck

i was surprised nobody broke a stick in the hardest shot - i don't know if they were switching sticks between shots or if stick tech has just improved that much or if it was just luck

I was holding my breath...

I was surprised by Alfie's number. I've always thought he was a good player with a better than average shot, but I wasn't expecting 100+ from him.

I was holding my breath...

yeah they were really building up the "new warrior stick" he was using when they kept interviewing him before it - i was afraid they were going to jinx it

with someone as big and strong as him it's impossible to predict what will happen - but i'm glad it worked out well for you guys

does anyone think if he chara used a bigger curve he could hit 110? would a bigger curve help?

Beast of a shot. That Ogre definitely outdid himself this time. I really wonder how hard the shot would be from a stand-still from the point and not a skating start, shot from that close.

On that note, Warrior stick sales will go through the roof tomorrow. All of the rich kids will beg their parents to buy them one b/c they think their slapshot will magically become better due to the stick.

And everyone knows that's not gonna happen with a retail stick.

the kiddies dont.

It's kinda funny, when I watch a lot of the teenagers play, the best shot is usually the kid rockin' the mid-range sticks. Then you have the brats with top-end $200+ sticks and their shots are horrible. Expensive stick /= Good shot.

What I meant was that you need a pro-stock stick for a shot like that.

I thought there was no major difference between the construction of Pro-Stock and Retail twigs.

Congrats on the win and exposure. I was wondering, what flex did Chara use for that competition?

I heard the broadcasters on CBC say Chara was using 160 flex.

I heard the broadcasters on CBC say Chara was using 160 flex.

Since you don't have to worry about how the flex impacts wristers or anything less than a full-on slapper, a stiffer stick than usual would make sense.

i think chara was using a one piece stick in the past couple hardest shot contests - but in the past hasn't he used a shaft/blade combo?

i'm guessing maybe chara had to use a two piece stick because it was hard for companies to make a one piece stick long enough for him?