Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

2012-2013 Gear Sightings

Well I'm always an optimistic guy. I ordered a pair from MLX since they still had a few left in my size. If they don't use much of their technology then I'll be fine. If they do happen to make a near replica I'm sure it will take a year or two to truly mass produce it well.

Either way I'm excited to see Easton trying to get back in the game!

There will be MLX technology in the boot and holder, less removable parts. Expect an Easton skate with some MLX technology infused, rather than an MLX skate with Easton branding.

I believe the word Evan used was "essentially." He didn't call it an exact remake of the ONE95.

Probably a dumb question but how much does puck feel have to do with the material used to create the blade (that is the carbon used) and the core of the blade itself (power core 2 vs power core 3)?

I also wonder if the expanded throat (pure shot blade I think they call it?) as seen starting with the Totalone and not seen on the one95 would factor into puck feel as well? Maybe with more torque or give when receiving passes it helped create the feeling of "softness" that all the one95 users loved. Please don't be a one100 marketing gimmick =(

Exchanged emails with him today - the thicker throat may make it feel different to some, but it's as close as the ONE95 as possible.

Also, the ONE100 was a 2-pc stick that was a better ONE85; was never meant to be an ONE95 replacement.

isnt he one of the big names in mlx? i hope that is an easton/mlx skate, but it is ugly as hell.

Gonchar was the first pro to use skates from MLX, but they were nothing like the retail skate from what I was told at the time. I don't know if he ever migrated to the "retail" model or not.

I actually really like the look. The colorway, to me, seems to be put together nicely. Probably not the finished model, but eh. Here's hoping the fit is similar to the MLX.

Exchanged emails with him today - the thicker throat may make it feel different to some, but it's as close as the ONE95 as possible.

Also, the ONE100 was a 2-pc stick that was a better ONE85; was never meant to be an ONE95 replacement.

Sound great! Can't wait to pick up the one.9. It's so great that Bauer have realised how much people loved the one95 and have essentially brought it back with this stick!

I think it best looking skate easton has ever made.........if it comes to fruition.

I'd say you either like or hate the look. Put me in the latter group. Best skate Easton made was the S15. Best performing 3-month skate I ever owned.