Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

2012-2013 Gear Sightings

And everyone ran towards the NXGs at SJ leaving the ONE.9s behind...LOL

to be fair, likely everyone at SJ has tried a one95, but not an NXG. seems reasonable enough.

to be fair, likely everyone at SJ has tried a one95, but not an NXG. seems reasonable enough.

I know. It was an attempt at humor, considering how much of a following that stick has.

The blade is slightly different but is the same shaft/same wrap.

I know. It was an attempt at humor, considering how much of a following that stick has.

The blade is slightly different but is the same shaft/same wrap.

Probably a dumb question but how much does puck feel have to do with the material used to create the blade (that is the carbon used) and the core of the blade itself (power core 2 vs power core 3)?

I also wonder if the expanded throat (pure shot blade I think they call it?) as seen starting with the Totalone and not seen on the one95 would factor into puck feel as well? Maybe with more torque or give when receiving passes it helped create the feeling of "softness" that all the one95 users loved. Please don't be a one100 marketing gimmick =(

Why can't Bauer make a retail Iginla clone!!!! I would be all over this stick if that was the case... so frustrating... loved the one95... (or put this stick in the customizer so I can order the p12, but I'm sure that's wishful thinking :tongue: )

Any word on the new Mako stick? Are they sticking with white? Are they looking to expand the line into gloves, skates, shoulder pads, etc?

The stick literally came out 4 months ago. I think a new Mako wont be for a while...

Still waiting to hear if it will actually incorporate any of the MLX tech or if it is going to be simply 'inspired' by. That answer will ultimately determine where my money goes.

Still waiting to hear if it will actually incorporate any of the MLX tech or if it is going to be simply 'inspired' by. That answer will ultimately determine where my money goes.

Think you're going to be supremely disappointed.

The stick literally came out 4 months ago. I think a new Mako wont be for a while...

Well, the RS was spruced up after a year...

Any word on the new Mako stick? Are they sticking with white? Are they looking to expand the line into gloves, skates, shoulder pads, etc?

Yes, the Mako is going to be a full line.

I think the rumor was that the eventual Mako skate would be based off the MLX skate that Easton acquired earlier this year.

false...I saw the mako skate, easton guy said it had no mlx connections. That could change however since it wont be released until 2013.

false...I saw the mako skate, easton guy said it had no mlx connections. That could change however since it wont be released until 2013.

Easton seems to always change things last minute, leaving some confusion.

Central League equipment manager was messing with my mlx's last week. Trying to match the stance of my eq5 without changing the holder.

We could shim them but it was more just messing with them.

He said Easton had told him 6 months for the mlx based skate. No word on the movable holder concept but boot should be similar.

Easton seems to always change things last minute, leaving some confusion.

Not going to change the skate last minute. Release date, maybe...

Central League equipment manager was messing with my mlx's last week. Trying to match the stance of my eq5 without changing the holder.

We could shim them but it was more just messing with them.

He said Easton had told him 6 months for the mlx based skate. No word on the movable holder concept but boot should be similar.

The skate that comes out in 6 months is already being worn now. From what I've heard...if you're expecting a MLX skate, you'll be disappointed.

For the RS skate, I've heard around 3 different release dates/timeframes. Easton themselves came on here and confirmed that an entire Stealth line will be Spring 2013 (unsure if new Stealth top end skate will be included, or will continue to have RS) while a new (presumably top-end) "skate inspired by the acquisition of the MLX brand..." will also be a Spring 2013.

We'll see if they decide to stick to this timeline.

The Stealth line was supposed to be out this year. They decided to release RS by itself after everything else was scrapped. There were other skates in that line, so the assumption is that the rest of the skates will come out in 2013.

The Mako is the new skate. And that is the one I'm talking about.