Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

2012-2013 Gear Sightings

saw that too, and available Sept 1 also!

Looks like they have also added the P08 and 95 and 112 flex options to full time retail. Very excited for this stick. Glad I held off on getting the Nexus!

That's what I don't get. The RS was near perfect in branding. All black, with a hint of yellow on the back. With the marketing in the NHL and at retail, EVERYONE knew what stick brand and model you were using. It was really genius, if you ask me.

I got SO many customers and friends coming to me asking about what Todd bertuzzi and Ian White were using (it was the RS) for the Wings. Some hockey players, some just fans. It was very esoteric. It definitely got noticed, but it also definitely did not spread the brand to the uninitiated.

I often wonder if in these photos, someone runs into the locker room and shouts "quick hide all the Jofa! Bauer are coming!"

The pictures were taken at the Bauer Pro Camp. Yes, most of the guys use Jofa/Reebok shoulders/elbows/shins during the season, but this was a Bauer marketing event.

The pictures were taken at the Bauer Pro Camp. Yes, most of the guys use Jofa/Reebok shoulders/elbows/shins during the season, but this was a Bauer marketing event.

Yeah, I'd be willing to bet those players showed up completely empty handed.

I really hate to trash an Easton product, but when i tried the new RS at SummerJam I was incredibly disappointed. The stick I fell in love with, is gone. Just not the same pop, or feel.

I need to stock up.

I really hate to trash an Easton product, but when i tried the new RS at SummerJam I was incredibly disappointed. The stick I fell in love with, is gone. Just not the same pop, or feel.

I need to stock up.

Can you elaborate on the feel part? Using a RS now and have gotten to like the feel. Has it gone more towards the Mako? Didn't like that... or more pingy like a x60 or s19? Not a fan of those either. Thought this current RS was a nice in between.

I have used both the RS, Mako, and RS II..... and I prefer the RS II out of all of them. The RS II has such a responsive and crisp blade and my shots are rockets with the stick. Maybe your sample was broken down or not the final stick, but I think the stick is awesome, and blows the RS away which I also really liked.

As for it feeling like a MAKO, I would not say that this is the case. The sticks have pretty different feels.

I got to use the TotalOne Nxg stick today at a showcase. It felt pretty similar to the TotalOne which i suppose isn't a suprise but id definantly felt a lot lighter and it seemed like the blade was a bit more stiff.

New RS, not my photo

b83c16d7.jpg

Releasing September 7th

Someone posted on the Easton Hockey FB page that the new RS has a better blade and that it is a Kevlar woven and not wrapped stick. Again this was only what I read on the FB page today.

Yeah they stiffened the blade, added a microbladder and multi rib blade, and a woven kevlar shaft.