Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

2012-2013 Gear Sightings

That's the first thing I noticed in that pic. I always wondered why they never added that before.

I would guess it's because the artist's who created the designs own the rights to them.

I would guess it's because the artist's who created the designs own the rights to them.

EA was unaware that Marty owns ALL the rights to his mask and his brother informed them while at E3 that his mask should be in there...once they realized he owned the rights, you see the product.

Wouldn't the rights be retained by whoever owns the trademarks to the Lowell Devils?

Wouldn't the rights be retained by whoever owns the trademarks to the Lowell Devils?

Que? Brodeur was using that design well before the team that would later be known as the Lowell Devils even existed. The Lock Monsters weren't founded until 98, and didn't become the Devils until 2006.

Que? Brodeur was using that design well before the team that would later be known as the Lowell Devils even existed. The Lock Monsters weren't founded until 98, and didn't become the Devils until 2006.

I was under the impression the logo was used by his AHL team. I was also under the impression that team was the Lowell Devils. Quick research reveals that at the time, he was in Utica, and the logo is not based on the Utica Devils, but a less presumptuous version of the Devils logo (Just the J, forgoing the N, when he wasnt sure he would be a full time NHL goaltender) so it is an original creation. Which makes sense in the end.

As far as I remember, the design on Brodeur's mask was the result of not being sure where he was going to be but knowing he was a full time part of the Devils organization. I believe there were original plans to complete the design once his permanent landing spot was determined but it was decided not to because of the success he had with the "incomplete" design.

Quite possible that he just used the Eastons because they were available at the time in the right colorway?

For what's it's worth, I saw Nash and some others practicing at the local rink in Columbus yesterday and he was still wearing his CBJ Winnwells along with his CBJ helmet and pants ( Top Shelf Sports Management sweater though). So I'd say he hasn't received his NYR gear yet and was just borrowing local stuff for that kid's camp.

For what's it's worth, I saw Nash and some others practicing at the local rink in Columbus yesterday and he was still wearing his CBJ Winnwells along with his CBJ helmet and pants ( Top Shelf Sports Management sweater though). So I'd say he hasn't received his NYR gear yet and was just borrowing local stuff for that kid's camp.

There's no way he didn't get his gear if he went to go see the Rangers after being traded. If the Rangers didn't get him new mitts then Winnwell for sure would have.

He was probably sporting the Columbus gear because he was in Columbus.

Good point. Didn't want to "upset" the locals. :)

Here he is with Jodi Shelly (trying out the new RBK/CCM) and my son. Nash was still in his X:60 style skates (were not re branded APX) and his standard Easton sticks. The guy doesn't seem to change equipment that much.

Nash_Shelly_Jonathan_sm.jpg

Total Hockey has the TotalOne NXG stick up for pre-order. The have it at 399 grams!

very nice. The non grip looks much better than the grip IMO. Strictly on Aesthetic appearance wise, I think the nexus looks the best out of the three top end stick lines but this non grip TO NXg is not too shabby and at 399 grams ridiculously light! Looking fwd to some reviews once this is released!

There's no way he didn't get his gear if he went to go see the Rangers after being traded. If the Rangers didn't get him new mitts then Winnwell for sure would have.

Or the Rangers got his stuff but he didn't feel like lugging it back to Columbus since he already had a full set of gear at home.

Good point. Didn't want to "upset" the locals. :)

Here he is with Jodi Shelly (trying out the new RBK/CCM) and my son. Nash was still in his X:60 style skates (were not re branded APX) and his standard Easton sticks. The guy doesn't seem to change equipment that much.

Nash_Shelly_Jonathan_sm.jpg

love the winwell gloves...anyone else rock them??

Where can I get the Winnwell gloves without the polka dots?

They were talking about making that change for next year. I haven't heard if that will be the case or not.