Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Krev

Easton Mako Skates

Ahhhhh man, and I was hoping to be in Makos for the next 20+ years.

Well, whoever buys easton might keep everything the same, nothing is guaranteed. Mission is owned by Bauer and they're still around. Isn't CCM owned by Reebok or something?

Either way someone will offer something similar. If makos went away, VH customs are pretty close from what I hear.

Well, whoever buys easton might keep everything the same, nothing is guaranteed. Mission is owned by Bauer and they're still around. Isn't CCM owned by Reebok or something?

Either way someone will offer something similar. If makos went away, VH customs are pretty close from what I hear.

Mission ice hockey is essentially gone though, much to the sadness and disappointment to the many big fans of their skates--though they did manage to go the wrong direction after the hit of the S series.

Anyone experiencing a bit of difficulty in the first skate with the Mako 2s? Maybe it's because after getting so many sharpenings on my old Makos the blade shape isn't quite the same anymore, but I've had an odd time adjusting.

How much has the new steel been sharpened? A lot of people had difficulty getting the new Mako steel to hold its first edge, as it seemed to require more priming than other steels. It could just be that effect all over again, as I imagine that's been left untouched.

So what do you suggest? Get the blades sharpened 'twice' on its first sharpen?

Thx

Yup. I should have known better. When I got new steel for my old Mako 1's I asked for a "double sharpening". I don't know why I didn't do it with these new ones.

It's easy to forget. It's the weirdest feeling to skate on steel that's not fully sharpened into proper edges yet.

I had the same issue. I thought my first sharpening was just badly done at the time, but now that you mention it yea I definitely had to sharpen twice also.

Good news for those who don't like the aggressive pitch of the Makos, the STEP version is neutral, so that will remove 1 degree. No more having to profile a reverse pitch to back off on the forward feel. But even if with the STEPS one feels too far forward, there is plenty of height on the STEPs to profile as well.

Good news for those who don't like the aggressive pitch of the Makos, the STEP version is neutral, so that will remove 1 degree. No more having to profile a reverse pitch to back off on the forward feel. But even if with the STEPS one feels too far forward, there is plenty of height on the STEPs to profile as well.

When are those coming out?

Picked up a pair of Easton Mako shins about a month ago. Love the fit and the weight. Problem is I play defense in a mens league and i've taken a slapshot at close range in the lower portion of the shins and both times it hurt pretty bad and left me sore the next day. Need to get more protection.

Anybody out there have the Reebok 20k Shins? Any thoughts on any of the pro level shins?

They are out, we have them in regular, Velo and Blacksteel. Not sure about others, for us selling steel is our priority so we get it as soon or before it hits the market. Others do it as an afterthought.

Fantastic! I had you guys profile my steel to slight negative so it sounds like I won't have to do that this time.

Will hopefully be ordering some black steel from you next week!

I know the rule of thumb is to wait 24 hours after baking to skate on new skates but realistically could I bake the skates in the morning, put them in the freezer for a bit and then skate on them that night? I won't be getting my new makos till Monday morning and I have a game that night.

Is it really a bad idea ?

No but use the fridge not the freezer for 20 mins then let them sit at room temperature for an hour should be fine but there is always a chance ;)

Just food for thought

I know the rule of thumb is to wait 24 hours after baking to skate on new skates but realistically could I bake the skates in the morning, put them in the freezer for a bit and then skate on them that night? I won't be getting my new makos till Monday morning and I have a game that night.

Is it really a bad idea ?

Have you skated on Makos before? Regardless of the timeframe after baking, I'd hesitate to skate on them the first time in a game unless you have already been accustomed to them. If you're coming from something like a Supreme, but difference.

If you've already skated on Makos... nevermind.

They are out, we have them in regular, Velo and Blacksteel. Not sure about others, for us selling steel is our priority so we get it as soon or before it hits the market. Others do it as an afterthought.

Have had STMAKO and its variants in stock for a month as well. I just didn't post that I did.

Is Easton in financial peril?

A deal is close to being announced.

A deal is close to being announced.

I hope this doesn't affect the future of the Mako skate line. It'd be unfortunate if whoever acquired Easton decides to pull the plug or let the Mako concept stagnate. Unless of course other manufacturers follow the speed-skate/hockey-skate trend. If not, I guess I'll have to save up for VH's.

Will be business as usual. Won't be bought by a competitor.

so they are being sold? Any articles on this? Whose buying ?

Ahhh what's going to happen to the makos ?!