Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IPv6Freely

Supplemental Discipline 2013

Considering Pacioretty was showing everyone and anyone his arm right after the supposed bite (which I think did happen) there might be more of a case against Grabovsky than Burrows. The refs could say that they saw bite marks on his arm but didn't see the bite happen.

No suspension for Grabovski. League could not determine conclusively that he bit him.

Considering Pacioretty was showing everyone and anyone his arm right after the supposed bite (which I think did happen) there might be more of a case against Grabovsky than Burrows. The refs could say that they saw bite marks on his arm but didn't see the bite happen.

I think it did, too, honestly. I know if somebody grabbed my head the way Pacioretty did, I'd bite them too :P

If you don't want to get bit keep your appendages out of the other persons mouth. They were talking on NHL this morning and gave a quote from the great NFL running back Jim Brown; what's on the outside of my equipment is yours, whats on the inside is mine. He played in an era where it was common for guys to shove thier hands inside your face mask anythime they could.

Though there is never a reason to bite somebody. It was just a stupid play on the part of both people involved. Time to move on.

Never?

Beware of absolutes.

Never?

Beware of absolutes.

Okay okay okay. I guess there could be a reason. But I mean, when does somebody ever wrap their forearm around your face and pull your head back? Because that's the only reason I could see to bite somebody.

Though there is never a reason to bite somebody. It was just a stupid play on the part of both people involved. Time to move on.

If you watch the video both Grabonski's hands are tied up when Pacioretty's wraps his arm around his head (covering his nose and mouth) and about twists it off. That's just as bad as sucker punching someone who's hands are tied up. Poor Patch had to get a Tetnous (sp) shot...hope the team doctor gave him a Sponge Bob band aid and a sticker for being so brave.

Grabovsky's grab and "bite" reminded me of this scene, about 1 minute in......"Look at how he fights off 1...2....3 defenders...."

LOL, exactly what I thought when I saw the play....

"Fletch truly defines grace under pressure"

Simple solution, any face wash or grab of the head is an automatic minor, in addition to any other penalties that are earned in a scrum. It is unsportsmanlike conduct, enforce it as such and you don't have to worry about bites.

Second game in a row Tye McGinn has taken a nasty hit from behind. Tim Wallace last game (who got a five and a game early on, not surprised at no suspension there), and now Korbinian Holzer. 5 and a game, looked worse than the Tim Wallace hit too.

Second game in a row Tye McGinn has taken a nasty hit from behind. Tim Wallace last game (who got a five and a game early on, not surprised at no suspension there), and now Korbinian Holzer. 5 and a game, looked worse than the Tim Wallace hit too.

5 and a game sounds right for this. Can't imagine supplemental will occur.

And it won't, from what I saw.

Yeah, not surprising. Sometimes the penalty is sufficient. A 5 min PP can easily kill a team, and often does.

Things like that never even used to get a hearing. I would be shocked if that is more than one game and wouldn't be surprised if it is nothing at all

I 100% agree. A penalty is more than enough for this.

I don't know if you saw the other angle of this incident but it was sheer reckless use of the stick by Setoguchi following through to the chin of Quincey. IMO he deserves a game or 2. He is a nortious diver also.

I don't know if you saw the other angle of this incident but it was sheer reckless use of the stick by Setoguchi following through to the chin of Quincey. IMO he deserves a game or 2. He is a nortious diver also.

Being a notorious diver does not come into play for supplemental discipline.

Yes, quite reckless. Hence the high-sticking penalty. The penalty was sufficient. The most I could possibly see coming from this is one game, to "send a message".