Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

I know this isn't ebay, but something tells me this whole site is a scam. 390 for total one skates? Like really? Look at all his other stuff. Dirt cheap. http://pringgan.com/product_info.php?cPath=34_3&products_id=173

It's not really a scam. I got a hold of them a few months back, I speak a bit of Indonesian, and the prices are legit but you have to buy at least $2000 worth of merchandise. You can mix up what you want as long as you take on the 2k. They are a wholesaler who don't usually deal with the public.

A lot of hockey skates (RBK, CCM, Bauer) are being made in Indonesia these days...

Craig's List Idiot:

Initial e-mail to my post:

My name is Michael; I am interested in your CCM's for sale. Would you be interested in selling them for $120.00? They will have to be shipped to Florida and that will add to my cost. I currently own a pair of U+ but 9.5 and would like a half size smaller if the price is right. I assume they have not been heat molded? If yes, please let me know.

Just to let you know my draw backs. If they are not the reloaded/09, they tend to fall apart. I see you say they pro stock but it I believe it was just bad material they used in 08. Again, if I am wrong please correct me. Next, the Tuuk blades on there must be replaced as whole piece that include the plastic holder. At the rate I play and the crap sharpening in FL, I get 1 year out of blades and it would be $100+ including labor to replace.

Biggest risk, I have never purchased anything off Craiglist and don't know how payment works but it does not seem it is in the purchasers favor. Feel free to call my cell (781) 439-XXXX.

Take care,

Michael

My response:

Hey Michael,

I'm sorry I can't let the skates go for more than 70% of their value.

They are absolutely brand new and I'm not quiet sure why you would have to remove the holders?

They are constructed differently than retail versions of the skate, but as far as the pro stock durability I don't know. They were too big for me.

Check out http://www.modsquadhockey.com if you're looking for information about equipment. They also have an excellent Buy/Trade/Sell forum.

His response:

Good afternoon Louis,

Thank you for your response. I am going to keep cruising craiglist for another opportunity. Where I stand: CCM's new line is coming out 10/01: (check out link below from CCM on facebook to see the redesign). If I am going to spend above $200.00, then I will just wait until the new line comes our or the old line goes on discount. I will still get a top of the line version but feel better buying new and spending more money.

Once the new line comes out, the skate you are holding on to will be worthless. Pro Stock can include test skates and the Tuuk holder and blade are considered 1 piece and you cannot just replace the blade (see custom Tuuk blades). I am taking a venture into the unknown by even offering $120 plus shipping.

I am not offering you 70% of the skates value. It is currently worth what someone is willing to pay for it as you attempt to sell it. Not trying to be a douche but I think my offer is fair. Take them to play it again sports. They will offer you less...but I have a feeling you already tried that. Maybe put them on consignment at your local rink shop.

new CCM look:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=71035&op=1&o=global&view=global&subj=21050564944&id=100001110960302

Let me know if you change you mind or would like to make me an offer.

Take care and best of luck if I don't hear back from you.

Michael

Craig's List Idiot:

Wow. Someone's been watching too many Priceline commercials and thinks he knows "The language of the deal" like Shatner. Love the "not trying to be a douche" as he very politely insults you several times.

Yeah, I specifically link him to here and he proceeds to inform be about the CL skates. Whatever, I sold the skates fro what I wanted (what I paid).

I still can't figure out why he wanted to take off the LS2s.

Yeah, I specifically link him to here and he proceeds to inform be about the CL skates. Whatever, I sold the skates fro what I wanted (what I paid).

Make HIM and offer on YOUR skates...uh...lol?

What a donut

What a douche! This guy thinks he knows what he is talking about! LOL! He said he doesn't like one piece holders! WTF! Do a little research before you start insulting the intelligence of someone you are trying to buy from!

The legend I've heard is that curved sticks came about when someone got their stick caught in a door, and thought it would be funny to try and shoot with it. This is what I would imagine that stick would have looked like.

The legend I've heard is that curved sticks came about when someone got their stick caught in a door, and thought it would be funny to try and shoot with it. This is what I would imagine that stick would have looked like.

That would be Stan Mikita :P