Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

he put it in the title to get clicks, the description says nothing about pro stock. would i do it? no.

So on Ebay you can put whatever you want in the title and you're only held to what you put in the description? I'm glad I rarely use Ebay.....

Since people go on ebay and search pro stock I put it into the title. Doing that's no worse than constantly ignoring people's pm's :rolleyes:

It's a misleading title, and against ebay's ToS

Since people go on ebay and search pro stock I put it into the title. Doing that's no worse than constantly ignoring people's pm's :rolleyes:

It's as bad as the other MSH member who puts RBK JOFA one95 x60 in every auction title. We dont want to see what we arent searching for. Do you?

Here's eBay's selling tips.

http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/pdf/us/sell/sellercentral/checklist.pdf

eBay Keyword Spamming Policy

If I were to purchase such an item (eg: listed as Pro Stock but clearly not), I would leave negative feedback. On the other hand, I believe the buying community has the right to notify eBay if a product is being misrepresented. eBay can then investigate and decide if the auction is not legit.

Mike

Do you guys report all of tsr's listing for labeling smu's as pro stock? They don't seem to have any negative feedback....

It's as bad as the other MSH member who puts RBK JOFA one95 x60 in every auction title. We dont want to see what we arent searching for. Do you?

Larrivee, how come you've never posted an item from THIS GUYguy if title spamming annoys you that much?

Not necessarily, but I'm not going to complain about it............it is what it is

Yes, I ignored your PM's. But they still kept coming. And coming. And Coming. They are all deleted now though =)

Do you guys report all of tsr's listing for labeling smu's as pro stock? They don't seem to have any negative feedback....

Larrivee, how come you've never posted an item from THIS GUYguy if title spamming annoys you that much?

Not necessarily, but I'm not going to complain about it............it is what it is

We have. Many many pages ago.

Given your number of posts in this thread, why are you at all surprised that people are irritated by misleading advertising on ebay?

Do a search......

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6403-ebay-idiot-or-not/page__view__findpost__p__795868

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6403-ebay-idiot-or-not/page__view__findpost__p__795937

Yes, I ignored your PM's. But they still kept coming. And coming. And Coming. They are all deleted now though =)

I'm not the only person you seem to ignore........how courteous

Boston, did you get permission of your parents prior to creating an eBay account?

Mike

No, that's not something I would need to ask them for permission. I created it using my paypal account that's tied to my checking account.............

Given your number of posts in this thread, why are you at all surprised that people are irritated by misleading advertising on ebay?

Do a search......

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6403-ebay-idiot-or-not/page__view__findpost__p__795868

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6403-ebay-idiot-or-not/page__view__findpost__p__795937

No one said they were reporting tsr for title spamming. That link just showed there was alot less b****ing the when tsr was brought up compared to now.

Also I'm not surprised that people are irritated, I'm surprised that it seems that everyone feels the need to share that it irritates them.

No one said they were reporting tsr for title spamming. That link just showed there was alot less b****ing the when tsr was brought up compared to now.

Also I'm not surprised that people are irritated, I'm surprised that it seems that everyone feels the need to share that it irritates them.

No, that link shows that people were irritated that TSR calls their SMU gloves "pro stock." And it shows that you were the guy who thought that it was okay, even if it were misleading, you know, because misleading a potential buyer on ebay is, in your mind, "business as usual."

Now it seems like you've adopted that practice yourself. I think people are expressing their opinion about your practice because you chose to defend it again instead of admitting, "yeah, they're not pro stock, so I probably shouldn't have called them "pro-stock."

How do you think this helps you? It may hurt you, instead.

If I saw a seller do that, I'd never buy from him.

No, that link shows that people were irritated that TSR calls their SMU gloves "pro stock." And it shows that you were the guy who thought that it was okay, even if it were misleading, you know, because misleading a potential buyer on ebay is, in your mind, "business as usual."

Now it seems like you've adopted that practice yourself. I think people are expressing their opinion about your practice because you chose to defend it again instead of admitting, "yeah, they're not pro stock, so I probably shouldn't have called them "pro-stock."

Basically their only competition on ebay is sauce, who title spams. Ebay DOESN'T enforce their own rules and no one leaves negative feedback over that, so tsr decided to do the same thing to appeal to the people that only buy pro stock.

I realize that title spamming is against the rules and that's what I did even though I shouldn't have according to the rules. What else do you want me to say?

If it makes you guys feel any better, I don't plan on doing it anymore so I don't have hear this stuff again

How do you think this helps you? It may hurt you, instead.

If I saw a seller do that, I'd never buy from him.

It just gets more clicks. I doubt anyone will complain unless someone on here buys something just so they can leave me negative feedback. IMO it's pretty easy to see it's not pro stock as I never mentioned it in any of the descriptions, but everyone has their opinions and views things differently

you guys are sure sensitive for a bunch of hockey players......WHO CARES if he does that I do it all the time makes my listings reach more people :dry:

lol at people who wouldnt buy because of that, if price is right and it is what i want I will buy

Basically their only competition on ebay is sauce, who title spams. Ebay DOESN'T enforce their own rules and no one leaves negative feedback over that, so tsr decided to do the same thing to appeal to the people that only buy pro stock.

I realize that title spamming is against the rules and that's what I did even though I shouldn't have according to the rules. What else do you want me to say?

If it makes you guys feel any better, I don't plan on doing it anymore so I don't have hear this stuff again

It just gets more clicks. I doubt anyone will complain unless someone on here buys something just so they can leave me negative feedback. IMO it's pretty easy to see it's not pro stock as I never mentioned it in any of the descriptions, but everyone has their opinions and views things differently

Right, you're selling the straight retail version of the glove, but calling it pro stock. Sorry. Completely false. And sorry, but nobody who "only buys pro stock" really wants to look at a retail pair of vapors, nor will they buy them. Unless, of course, they are deceived by your title. In which case you just took advantage of them.

I'll tell you what. If I want to buy a pair of Bauer Vapors, that's what I'll search for in ebay. And I would have found your gloves. If I want only pro stock, then I've got your gloves coming up and they're not pro stock. I guess you don't care because you come from the generation that simply doesn't care. It's just the internet, right?

I'd vote you e-bay idiot. You posted claiming you were selling something that you know you're not.

Oh yeah, and just because TSR does it doesn't make it okay.

Right, you're selling the straight retail version of the glove, but calling it pro stock. Sorry. Completely false. And sorry, but nobody who "only buys pro stock" really wants to look at a retail pair of vapors, nor will they buy them. Unless, of course, they are deceived by your title. In which case you just took advantage of them.

I'll tell you what. If I want to buy a pair of Bauer Vapors, that's what I'll search for in ebay. And I would have found your gloves. If I want only pro stock, then I've got your gloves coming up and they're not pro stock. I guess you don't care because you come from the generation that simply doesn't care. It's just the internet, right?

I'd vote you e-bay idiot. You posted claiming you were selling something that you know you're not.

Oh yeah, and just because TSR does it doesn't make it okay.

Man how many times have I heard that one. If someone has a problem with them I'm not just going to ignore them like a douche.

The only other thing I want to point out is this.

you guys are sure sensitive for a bunch of hockey players......WHO CARES if he does that I do it all the time makes my listings reach more people :dry:

lol at people who wouldnt buy because of that, if price is right and it is what i want I will buy

It's really up to you to sort through the crap once you make your search on Ebay, you never know what you'll find there :P

If you are unsure about the item, ask the seller a question. Simple.

Even if I was searching ONLY for pro stocks, then I don't mind seeing other stuff at a good price, I don't know about you guys but at the right price my mind can be changed. Plus it doesn't take too much time to just click and read the auction.