Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

Sorry, but I had to sign a NDA when I got my 10K.

where did you get your 10k? I've been looking for one everywhere.

I found one on eBay a few weeks ago. The model with the integrated garters. Even at $90, its easily one of the best hockey purchases I've made. Incredibly comfortable cup with protection that comes up over the lower abdominal area while the belt is very comfortable. The only issue I can see is that the garter attachments are made of heavy-duty plastic and are sturdy, but the "button" is attached by a thin flimsy piece of plastic. I can see it failing at some point soon, but shouldn't be hard to rig up and alternative.

Here, in the Gear Exchange.

A guy on IW just bought one from Blue Cow Hockey, who shipped it to him, even though they're in the UK.

I found one on eBay a few weeks ago. The model with the integrated garters. Even at $90, its easily one of the best hockey purchases I've made. Incredibly comfortable cup with protection that comes up over the lower abdominal area while the belt is very comfortable. The only issue I can see is that the garter attachments are made of heavy-duty plastic and are sturdy, but the "button" is attached by a thin flimsy piece of plastic. I can see it failing at some point soon, but shouldn't be hard to rig up and alternative.

Garter belts are cheap enough.

$90, wow. I sold one for $78, and even then I made 100% profit :wink: It really sucks that the 8k's and 10k's aren't available to you North Americans.

And yes; I have the combo too, it's very comfortable and protective.

I mean, those are really cool. But 4k?

What are you talking about? They're a steal! Didn't you see they were marked down from $5k?!? LOL

What are you talking about? They're a steal! Didn't you see they were marked down from $5k?!? LOL

Deal of the century!

I ordered an 8k from Blue Cow Hockey. It ended up being $63 all said and done. They also have the 10k, but not with the garters attached.

So this dude:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eagle-Ppf-Hockey-Gloves-14-Black-White-/120768843670?_trksid=p3286.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D2325512438763717158

He's had them on sale for $100 and for $75 previously. No one bit, which isn't surprising given the condition. He then put them up for straight bid, which I won for $26. That seems about right to me, because I was assuming they would have to be cleaned and repalmed. I sure they smell horrible, but I thought I might try to revive them. I paid right away.

Anyway, he wrote back that the little stitching issue had become a huge hole that very night, and he would refund my money. I replied that I was planning to repalm them anyway, but that I didn't care. He refunded.

No surprise, here they are posted again, now up for $75, with no mention of the huge hole.

A while back, he had an auction for some Leafs PPFs that sold for $80 or so. A week later they were relisted, by him, for $100.

Did you report it?

Nah. If I would have pushed for them and he still refused, then I might. But my response was basically "whatever" when he wanted to refund me. So I can't complain. But the implication was that he wouldn't relist them for more. Just a sketchy pattern overall.

Did just write him a little love note on it. We'll see if he replies.

The other part of this, of course, is that I shouldn't be buying another set of gloves.

Stoop,

Maybe you can help some poor soul avoid this crooked ebayer by reporting his behavior? Looking at his feedback he has a habit of bait and switch...Just a thought.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Stoop,

Maybe you can help some poor soul avoid this crooked ebayer by reporting his behavior? Looking at his feedback he has a habit of bait and switch...Just a thought.

Fair enough, future buyers should know. Done. Looking at his feedback, the guy who got the Leafs wasn't happy either.

So this dude:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eagle-Ppf-Hockey-Gloves-14-Black-White-/120768843670?_trksid=p3286.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D2325512438763717158

He's had them on sale for $100 and for $75 previously. No one bit, which isn't surprising given the condition. He then put them up for straight bid, which I won for $26. That seems about right to me, because I was assuming they would have to be cleaned and repalmed. I sure they smell horrible, but I thought I might try to revive them. I paid right away.

Anyway, he wrote back that the little stitching issue had become a huge hole that very night, and he would refund my money. I replied that I was planning to repalm them anyway, but that I didn't care. He refunded.

No surprise, here they are posted again, now up for $75, with no mention of the huge hole.

A while back, he had an auction for some Leafs PPFs that sold for $80 or so. A week later they were relisted, by him, for $100.

All you have to do it look at his feedback. 87.9% on 96 total feedback. That will tell you the story.

So this dude:

87.9% positive feedback rating.....That should be enough not to buy from this guy

I ordered one from Europe and got the wrong one, and so I put it up in the Gear Exchange.

LOL chalk up another trend for me, bringing that cup back. I bought mine a few years ago from a store in the US (who thought it was a goalie jock) and 5 years later you guys are paying premium dollars for one. :)

I ordered one from Europe and got the wrong one, and so I put it up in the Gear Exchange.

LOL chalk up another trend for me, bringing that cup back. I bought mine a few years ago from a store in the US (who thought it was a goalie jock) and 5 years later you guys are paying premium dollars for one. :)

Well I definitely bought mine only after seeing it in the Show it Off thread and other threads here, but I have to say its a stellar product IMO and its worth the premium to get it from overseas. Better designed and built than any other cup/jock/garter/short I've ever tried.