Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

They look maroon on my monitor. I see what you mean though the cuff looks a little pink. The colors always seem a bit off between the tufftek and leather. On my Pro Series gloves they were navy but the leather was a lighter blue which made the tufftek look black.

Yeah, the leather in particular looks pinkish.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EASTON-RS-NHL-NEW-YORK-RANGERS-ERIC-CHRISTENSEN-/290599275527?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a9110c07

Feel sorry for anyone who bids on these expecting to receive a actual RS. Christensen uses a ST and as you can see by the thick taper at the end of this stick that its a repainted ST!!

That's really messed up. Someone's getting rooked on that one.

Doesn't the seller post here?

That's really messed up. Someone's getting rooked on that one.

Doesn't the seller post here?

(Strictly Playing Devils Advocate)

Perhaps they don't know its an ST. I mean the vast majority of people would never be able to tell the difference.

That said they deal with a LOT of pro stock equipment.....so they should certainly know better.

*edit* thought I read it was an SE16.

Since it is new I would assume there is still the sticker on the butt end telling them what it is. I'd be pissed paying that much for a SE16 or ST.

Since it is new I would assume there is still the sticker on the butt end telling them what it is. I'd be pissed paying that much for a SE16 or ST.

agreed but someone will pay that much because it looks like an RS and is not out yet, not knowingly of course.

Custom graphics/stick for Marco Sturm.

Yeah, there were a ton of these for sale at the Caps EQ sale this year. Kind of regretting not getting one to try out. Sturm had a weird tape job on the grip, IIRC.

Yeah, there were a ton of these for sale at the Caps EQ sale this year. Kind of regretting not getting one to try out. Sturm had a weird tape job on the grip, IIRC.

So they are a Dolomite?

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT. Or why the whole thing is in 72 font. But mostly I don't think anything that had the misfortune of being worn by Tomas Kopecky should cost $400. Especially if its just a shell. http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-CHICAGO-BLACKHAWK-3RD-STYLE-WARRIOR-HOCKEY-PANTS-/140593856642?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20bc0c0082

I still can't believe those Jofa nut-huts command such a premium. Do they stroke your nuts while you play or something?

Nope....just your ego! :dry:

FYI

I picked up a couple noticed he filled the shafts with

1) Poly Urethane spray insulation foam

2) Cut off wooden butt end

3) Whatever else conceivable.

I put the spray foam filled one back since it felt heavier

I just ordered something on ebay w/ "Buy it now" and received a message saying that the listing was removed. I even purchased it when it said there was 3 in stock. It started off with 8 in stock. They still took m payment and haven't contacted me yet. I called paypal and ebay and they said to wait 24 hours to put a claim in. Has this happened to anybody on here?

I just ordered something on ebay w/ "Buy it now" and received a message saying that the listing was removed. I even purchased it when it said there was 3 in stock. It started off with 8 in stock. They still took m payment and haven't contacted me yet. I called paypal and ebay and they said to wait 24 hours to put a claim in. Has this happened to anybody on here?

They could have easily not had the correct amount listed, I have done this before. I wouldn't worry right away.

They could have easily not had the correct amount listed, I have done this before. I wouldn't worry right away.

Maybe they did the old "hey, that sold fast, I should repost it for more"