Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

Oh boy a Pro 8000 Helmet It even comes with a case. Everyone knows that the case makes it more valuable. That has got me wanting to pay more than $35 over retail price for this hot item on Ebay.

Especially considering the sticker is for a combo and I don't see a cage on that bucket.

Oh boy a Pro 8000 Helmet It even comes with a case. Everyone knows that the case makes it more valuable. That has got me wanting to pay more than $35 over retail price for this hot item on Ebay.

Especially considering the sticker is for a combo and I don't see a cage on that bucket.

Here is his response when I asked him about this discrepancy:

Hi ~ the pro model Bauer helmet does not come with a "cage" ~ the cage is optional. The reason being, there are two basic types of face guards that can be used with this particular helmet: cage is one, a shield type being the other and it all comes down to personal preferance. I have priced the helmet well below the purchase price and I think you can buy a cage for < $30.00, the shield is even less. I have a groin injury that might prevent me from playing hockey for some time so I decided to list the helmet on eBay. Thank you for your interest ~ Woody

Hi ~ the pro model Bauer helmet does not come with a "cage" ~ the cage is optional. The reason being, there are two basic types of face guards that can be used with this particular helmet: cage is one, a shield type being the other and it all comes down to personal preferance. I have priced the helmet well below the purchase price and I think you can buy a cage for < $30.00, the shield is even less. I have a groin injury that might prevent me from playing hockey for some time so I decided to list the helmet on eBay. Thank you for your interest ~ Woody

Haha who is he buying his sub $30 shields from??

Haha who is he buying his sub $30 shields from??

Itech RBE III were something like $17 when they were sold on HockeyMonkey.

As to his response- pure BS. Pro models would not come with a cage, not be listed as a combo, not have CSA/HECC stickers, not have warranty sticker, not have side logos, not have the rediculous chin strap, and certainly would not be sold retail.

A recent groin injury may prevent him from playing, so he's selling a 3+ year old, unused bucket for above current retail. Nice.

edit; Just noticed the helmet is originally from Canada as well, which would explain his high original cost. Not only does that mean it was imported in new condition, the seller is using a Canadian retail value from several years ago to base a US value.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PRO-STOCK-REEBOK-8-0-8...A1%7C240%3A1318 Anyone think this is a legit datsyuk game used stick?

Yup. He blacks it out with a pine-tar like substance, his handle is a long grip tape job that is probably 1.5 ft down the shaft with a white cloth underlayer (I think), and he uses a heel like that IIRC. The wings sell his sticks for like $475, outrageous.

didnt think datsyuk used 110 flex...

It was either stiff or X-stiff last I handled one of his 9ks at Hockeytown Authentics. If it isn't one of his they took great lengths to replicate it, and that's not the retail Datsyuk. Maybe he got a batch of X-stiff, prepped them and noticed they were too stiff after trying to use one, or wanted to try stiffer, who knows with pro stuff.

This is what I got:

The cage or shield for the helmet was a separate purchase and I didn't plan on using either since I was on the ice for practices only. A cage can be purchased for approx. $30.00 and a shield is even $$$ less. I have a groin injury and don't know how long I'll be off the ice. Thank you for your interest ~ Woody (per buddykat)

- buddykat1600

Now are those a specific Eagle model just rebranded? Like a CP94 or PPF with the CCM logo, or are they made to CCM specs by Eagle?

Compare the construction and geometry to existing Eagle models, and keep in mind they make a lot more than X70/72, PPF and CP9* for pros. With straight backrolls it definitely rules out a PPF or X70.

I think I recall someone posting a set of 5-roll CP95s that look similar, but my guru-degree is far off.