Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elle

Your favourite tipple

Favourite beers are Kokanee and Heineken. A not bad cheap beer round here is Bowen island.

Hard Liquor Some Jacks and Full Throttle or Rhum and Coke

Haven't seen anyone post about Wine yet, so here it goes.. I love wine - will get you drunker faster than beer too!

Favorites Wines:

Columbia Cellermaster's Reisling, an excellent sweet Washington wine

KJ Chardonnay, a great tasting Chardonnay available at many restaraunts

98 Hyatt Merlot, or any other great smooth, easy to drink merlot

Favorite Liquor drinks:

B-52 (Bailey's over Kahlua topped with Grand Marnier or any other orange liquor)

Slippery Nipple (Bailey's & Butterscotch Schnapps)

Liquid Cocaine (Bacardi 151, Jagermeister and Goldschlagger, one part each)

** Nasty but it will get the job done quickly.

Beer:

Could never get used to it, but occasionally I will drink half a Guiness

Other:

Mike's Hard Lemonade - great stuff!

Smirnoff Ice

these pretzels are making me thirsty!!

I wish we could have a MSH bash! Too bad no one lives close by me. If I move to Vegas ppl will definitely have to drop by when in town.

btw, i'm heading down to the liquor cabinet right now...

I'd have to go with Guiness, for my favorite.

Double Vodka - Redbull for a mixer, that is sooo good, but expensive

And Sambucca for my shot

Hey viking, you in oxford?

Wine:

3 litre Lambrini, super cheap and gets you legless

For a classy tipple I like a good Rioja, the 96 Gran Reserva is excellent.

Also I really liked the Okanagen wines when I could get them.

Beer:

Worthingtons on a hot day is heaven.

Kozel

Staropramen

Typically not a fan of north american beers, bit plain and boring, especially the lite stuff. But i really like the Sleeman pale, and maple cream. Also some of the granville island and Garrison beer.

But if its hot, you can't really be picky, everything tastes awesome, and is better than being at work!

*bump*

I am in the mood for a drink, so let's resurrect this one, eh?

Beers- Guinness, Harp, Old Foghorn, Stella, Boreale Blonde/Rousse, Anchor Steam, Ballast Point Brewery's Wahoo Wheat and Black Marlin Porter, Labatt Bleue, Maudite, Stone Arrogant Bastard, Brooklyn Brewery's Chocolate Stout, Newcastle, Boddington's...and good old cheap Pabst.  I also drink Anheuser-Busch products seeing as how we employees get 2 cases a month gratis.  It's mostly pisswater, but it's free hooch.

Liquors- Jameson, Bushmills, Glenfiddich, The Macallan, Ketel One, Smirnoff Black Label Vodka from Russia ( I confess that I can't quite remember if it was a Smirnoff or a Stoli.  I remember it had a black label and looked like a Smirnoff label except for all the Russian on it), Grey Goose, Herradura, El Jimador, Corralejo, and Cazadores.

Mmm, now I need a drink.  If only I had some cash.

--nick--

I thought after this weekend I would be done drinking for awhile but this post has got me pining for:

Beer:

Guinness, Boddingtons, Youngs Double Chocolate, Ying-Ling, Pius Monk Dunkle.

Liquor:

Bush Mills Black Label, Jamesons, Skyy Vodka

Mixed drink:

Any of the above Liquors over ice :D

Fave Domestic Premium: Sleemans' Honey Brown

Fave Domestic, Big Brand: Molson Canadian

Other good Domestics: Rickard's Red, Creemore Springs, Steamwhistle, Keith's India Pale Ale

Fave Imports: Pilsner Urquell, Stella Artois, Guinness, Boddingtons

Shots: Screech Rum

I'm a tequila fan myself. Some nice smooth anejo is a wonderful thing.

As far as beer, my current favorite is a local, St. Arnold's Amber Ale. Red Hook ESB, Guinness, Shiner Bock, and Killian's are all good. Young's Double Chocolate Stout is pretty dang tasty as well.

I also love a good dry, full-bodied red; a nice merlot or cabernet. Yum.

The only drinkable tequila is Don Julio.

No way. One of our local liquor stores does random tastings on occasion; we went in a while ago when they were doing tequila tastings. (It's amazing how much of a buzz you can get off "tasting" about twelve different tequilas... ;))

They had the usual froufy overpriced stuff (Cabo Wabo), but they had some very nice inexpensive stuff too. Smooth and quite tasty, very sippable.

Being in TX it's not hard to get good tequila for reasonable prices.

We also have a nice local vodka; it's not cheap, but it makes a nice martini. :D

As far as specific wines, a couple of my favorites, off the top of my head:

Both of these are usually about $10/bottle, but very good.

Jewel cabernet & merlot

Casillero Diablo cabernet & merlot

Frontier Red is a great, dry red blend. It's cheap, tasty, and made by Fess Parker (who played Davy Crockett on TV). What's not to love? :D

Sangioveses and Super Tuscans are also good wines IMO. I don't care for most whites, although there's a winery in Fredericksburg, TX that makes a tasty Chardonnay and another outside of St. Louis, MO that makes a good white wine (the name of which escapes me).

Beer: Coors light, labbat blue, sleemans, keiths, kokanee, MGD and carlseberg

Straight liquors: Dissarono, tequila, vodka and JD.

Mixed drinks: Vodka and Mountain Dew (heavenly), JD and coke, Rum and coke, VDC, VD and red bull, tequila sunrise, long island iced tea.

Favorite local beers: San Miguel Pale Pilsen, San Miguel Light, Miller

Favorite imported beers: Stella, Heinekin, Tiger, Corona, Guiness on occassion

Mixed drinks: Stolichnoya, Smirnoffs, Absolut, Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, Fundador, Tanduay, Malibu, with either Sprite or Coke (depending on the drink :D )

...Argh, I need a drink...

im not legal drinking age but ive still tryed some drinks.

im not a big beer fan but i like Molsen cold shots and Colt 45 (hey gets the job done)

im a big fan of rum and coke, cant go wrong. also vodka and 5alive is really good

Fave Domestic Premium: Sleemans' Honey Brown

Fave Domestic, Big Brand: Molson Canadian

Other good Domestics: Rickard's Red, Creemore Springs, Steamwhistle, Keith's India Pale Ale

Fave Imports: Pilsner Urquell, Stella Artois, Guinness, Boddingtons

Shots: Screech Rum

What Logan said, plus:

Sleeman's Silver Creek Lager

Grolsch

Moosehead

Good Luck analog, heres my list:

Beer: Bud, Bud Light, Blue, Canadian, Alex Keith's, Blue Moon, Bells Oberon, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, Bells Two Hearted Ale, Edmund Fitzgerald Porter, Heineken, Guinness, Amstel Light, Colt 45, King Cobra, Bass Ale, Mississippi Mud-Black and Tan, Bud Ice, Molson Ice, Black Label, Molson Dry, Olde English 800, Steel Reserve, Red Stripe...thats about all I could think of off the top of my head

Ciders: Woodpecker, Woodchuck Dark and Dry, Woodchuck Amber, and Woodchuck Granny Smith...Try a 'snakebite' get about 3/4 of a pint of Woodpecker and top it off with Guinness, let it settle and its fantastic

Wine: Yellow Tail Chardonnay, Yellow Tail Pinot Grigo, Yellow Tail Cabernet Sauvignon, Little Penguin White Shiraz, Little Penguin Chardonnay, Pelle Island 2004 Regatta Chardonnay, Pelle Island 2004 Rosé - VQA...again all I could think of at the moment

Shots: Jager Bomb, Bazooka Joe (baileys, blue curraco, and 99 bananas) Stoli Bomb (shot of stoli's and red bull) Olive Bomb (shot of 3 olives vodka and red bull, love the grape and also cherry vodka), Old Grand Dad, Crown...off the top of my head

Liquor: Jager, Stoli's Vodka, Smirnoff Vodka, Grey Goose Vodka, 3 Olives Vodka, Gibleys Gin, Bombay Saphire Gin, any Johnny Walker, Crown Royal, Segrams 7, Rich and Rare, Remmy Martin, and Aleze...off the top of my head

fuckin' a! boys, I will score a hat trick tonight for you all...

[edit]

someone definitely has to put together a msh smash... this will happen for sure when I move.

No way. One of our local liquor stores does random tastings on occasion; we went in a while ago when they were doing tequila tastings. (It's amazing how much of a buzz you can get off "tasting" about twelve different tequilas... ;))

They had the usual froufy overpriced stuff (Cabo Wabo), but they had some very nice inexpensive stuff too. Smooth and quite tasty, very sippable.

Being in TX it's not hard to get good tequila for reasonable prices.

We also have a nice local vodka; it's not cheap, but it makes a nice martini. :D

As far as specific wines, a couple of my favorites, off the top of my head:

Both of these are usually about $10/bottle, but very good.

Jewel cabernet & merlot

Casillero Diablo cabernet & merlot

Frontier Red is a great, dry red blend. It's cheap, tasty, and made by Fess Parker (who played Davy Crockett on TV). What's not to love? :D

Sangioveses and Super Tuscans are also good wines IMO. I don't care for most whites, although there's a winery in Fredericksburg, TX that makes a tasty Chardonnay and another outside of St. Louis, MO that makes a good white wine (the name of which escapes me).

You mean one of the wineries in Herrmann, Mo?

there's a winery in Fredericksburg, TX that makes a tasty Chardonnay and another outside of St. Louis, MO that makes a good white wine (the name of which escapes me).

You mean one of the wineries in Herrmann, Mo?

Yeah, I think so. I think maybe the name of the wine was White Lady? Something like that?

Beer: Carlsberg all the way

Liquor: Vodka's (Finlandia, Smirnoff, Skyy..), Jägermeister (with energy drink), some cheap booze with juice / soft drink does the job as well.

For beers I'll drink Heineken, Bass Ale, Harp and maybe Fosters, but the truth is I generally prefer a more manly drink.

And that, of course, means frozen strawberry daiquiris.... ;)

For beers I'll drink Heineken, Bass Ale, Harp and maybe Fosters, but the truth is I generally prefer a more manly drink.

And that, of course, means frozen strawberry daiquiris.... ;)

There's a locally popular drink I've never seen outside of Texas.

1 shot tequila

0.5 shot triple sec

2 shots margarita mix

2 jalapeno-stuffed olives

0.5 shot juice from olive can

Shake with ice and pour into a salt-rimmed martini glass.

It's called a Mexican Martini, and they are incredibly tasty. :D The jalapeno-stuffed olives are mandatory; they just don't taste the same with normal olives.