Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Sher-Wood T120 Stick

I have posted the Sher-Wood T120 catalogue over here -

http://modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/files/file/183-sher-wood-t120-catalogue/

Michael Soule of Sher-Wood will be monitoring this thread and will answer any questions you may have.

Here are a few quick details:

- New super light weight stick from Sher-Wood. 395 grams

- Features VRF.2 blade and EKORE technology like the EK15

- True-one piece stick

- Mid kick point

- Same shaft geometry as the T100

- Wider hosel at the blade area for increased durability and to reduce torsion

- Features flex free zone

- Specs listed above offered for launch

- Remaining specs will be introduced for Jan 1st, 2015

- 64” version will be offered as well in 95 and 105 flex

- New PP14 Plekanec pattern (Toews clone) / no more PP01 Smith pattern

Boo to no more PP01 Smith pattern. The big stores around here that carry Sherwood like Pro Hockey Life only seem to have patterns like the Statsny and Ryan in stock. I understand it's a bit of a catch 22; they carry the patterns that are popular and sell, however; how can a pattern ever sell if you can't readily buy it without special ordering it or buying online without seeing it in person first? I do know Hockey Supremacy has the Smith so it can be ordered online, but I think most people would prefer to see it in person and compare it to other patterns before ordering. First the Smyth, then the Gionta and now the Smith...at least I found out this weekend that a stick with the Landeskog pattern may be worth considering. Hopefully that won't be the next one to disappear.

Very interesting. Sherwood has been putting out fantastic products these last few years. I was afraid they wouldn't be able to keep up with the times but they're proving me wrong.

Yes, Sherwood certainly has been putting out impressive products. I did get a chance to try an Nexon 12 stick and was quite pleased with the feel and performance. I haven't had a chance to try the Rekker yet, but from what I've read it's an improvement on the Nexon so I'll likely pick one up someday when my stick supply gets lower. My disappointment that the Smith curve is discontinued certainly isn't a knock on Sherwood - it's just unfortunate as that is the Sherwood curve I'd prefer to use and a curve that would help convince me to buy a Sherwood stick over some other brands that don't offer more unique curves and simply offer a standard lineup with P92, P88 and P9 clones.

Will the T120 be available with the PP96 Bouchard or PP12 Iginla curve at any point in its lifecycle, or will that only be available through a custom order?

Toews clone!!!!! YES!!!!

Michael, will it be offered in a 5.5 or 6 lie?

This pattern will be offered in 6 lie.

Boo to no more PP01 Smith pattern. The big stores around here that carry Sherwood like Pro Hockey Life only seem to have patterns like the Statsny and Ryan in stock. I understand it's a bit of a catch 22; they carry the patterns that are popular and sell, however; how can a pattern ever sell if you can't readily buy it without special ordering it or buying online without seeing it in person first? I do know Hockey Supremacy has the Smith so it can be ordered online, but I think most people would prefer to see it in person and compare it to other patterns before ordering. First the Smyth, then the Gionta and now the Smith...at least I found out this weekend that a stick with the Landeskog pattern may be worth considering. Hopefully that won't be the next one to disappear.

The T120 won't have the Smith pattern, but you can still pick-up an EK15/T100 with it.

Will the T120 be available with the PP96 Bouchard or PP12 Iginla curve at any point in its lifecycle, or will that only be available through a custom order?

The T120 will be available in our PP96 pattern for Jan 2015. The PP12 will not be offered on the T120, but it is available on the EK15.

I'm stoked for this stick... Oct is the release date do you know if toward beginning or end... I just broke my main stick so I'm using my backup wondering if I should wait.

Hi Brandon, release date is Oct 1st.

does the intermediate's shaft differ from the shaft on the senior stick?

Same shaft dimensions as the senior model, it's simply shorter and with a reduced flex.

I've searched for awhile and haven't had any luck finding ANY of the Sherwood line in the PP05 curve. I even emailed Sherwood and was told to contact Total Hockey which told me to contact Sherwood. Anyone run into this?

Where can I get the p14 T120?

icewarehouse says they have the p92 which says its comparable to the p14 but its really not

Hi Brandon, PP14 in the T120 won't be out till Jan 1.

I've searched for awhile and haven't had any luck finding ANY of the Sherwood line in the PP05 curve. I even emailed Sherwood and was told to contact Total Hockey which told me to contact Sherwood. Anyone run into this?

Send me an inbox message. I'll help you get the stick you're looking for.

I see that Pro Hockey Life is currently giving away a free pair of T90 gloves with every T120 stick. Not sure if any other retailers have a similar promo going.

I see that Pro Hockey Life is currently giving away a free pair of T90 gloves with every T120 stick. Not sure if any other retailers have a similar promo going.

If I had $230 to spend on a twig, I would absolutely go for that. Sick deal.