Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TwoFour

New Warrior Dynasty Girdle

Well, the Projekts are supposed to fit like as skin tight bike short, plus they do come with a belt that is too small. I believe if you're between sizes it's better to go with the smaller size with a girdle as log as you have adequate coverage (if it's long enough to come to just above the top of the plastic caps of your shin pads - you don't want the girdle to come half way down the knee cap like pants because then it'll start interfering with your stride) because the material will stretch with use.

I did tear some of the stitching on mine when I first tried to put them on with the small stock belt, but once I changed out the belt to one that was bigger I didn't have that problem and my aunt who sews was able to fix the seams that busted through (I could've tried doing this by hand myself, but her sewing machine job looks a lot better and has held up to a few years of use). After breaking them in they feel snug, but not overly tight and I still pull them up and tighten the belt at times during games. I imagine the XL would feel pretty loose after break in. The large comes down over the top flap of my shin guards, but just above the plastic knee cap; so it's the ideal length

althoma- I am with you 100%. I actually do not like my pants to come half way down the knee, like alot of players. I keep the tops of the shin guards intact, and I wear the Bauer 37.5 protective with the Hex-Orb (or whatever that stuff is called) foam that lines the top of the knee. So, I never felt like I needed that extra length on the pants.

So, for girdle, absolutely, I want to keep it the same- bottom of the thigh guard, just lining the top of my knee. As long as the XL Dynasty girdle does not stretch, then I ought to be golden. If the XL stretches and lengthens, then yes, I could be in trouble.

And if I go with the Large, and it deteriorates due to my stretching it out and shredding that might occur, then I could break it, and be up the creek, far from home, without pants (since I brought my pro stock Franchises stateside with me to hold me over until I grab the girdle, and won't have room in the luggage to bring it back to SE Asia).

So, definitely, I always appreciate the feedback (please keep it coming)- you helped me out when I was trying to grab some gloves last summer. I will go with XL for now, and keep everyone posted as to whether it stretches, and/or if the bottom of the thigh guard moves where it is not supposed to.

Any update on this girdle? I am like 80% sure I am going to buy some this weekend.

Can anyone take some pictures wearing them and with your jersey tucked in the back so I can see how high the back padding goes?

Please!

Any update on this girdle? I am like 80% sure I am going to buy some this weekend.

Can anyone take some pictures wearing them and with your jersey tucked in the back so I can see how high the back padding goes?

Please!

IMG_5449_zpsnmes9gny.jpg

IMG_5450_zpsc1khs0pb.jpg

I am 6'2, in XL Dynasty Girdle and XL CCM CL Shoulder pads. There is a small amount of interference between the 2 at the top of the girdle and the bottom of the shoulder pad, but nothing noticeable, while skating and playing.

I do not think that the girdle spine guard come up as high as my former pants: CCM CL or Warrior pro stock Franchise, but they seem to come up high enough. I would feel better if I could figure how to attach an Ovi style spine protector, to the spine protector of the pants, but I think I would need special equipment to do this.

Generally speaking, I am mighty impressed by the girdle. It is so lightweight and mobile, without seeming to sacrifice protection in the major areas, and even the way it flexes when it is in my bag is nice too. My old pants took up so much space and always created issues with the other gear- the girdle just seems to collapse and minimize space amongst the other gear.

A better front closure system would be nice. The one belt seems a bit minimal, to keep up a big piece of equipment like this. So, I cinch the belt pretty tight, mostly for my own piece of mind, as the girdle is slightly loose and may fall down if I do not pull the belt. I would like another belt, and maybe a tie system, so that I can get more of a full wrap, instead of just one small belt "doing all the work," if this makes any sense. It is just not optimal, but it works fine enough.

Bumping this thread as I'm thinking of getting this girdle/shell combo..

Hi guys. New to this forum but not to hockey :)

I currently wear Tackla 951 pants. Although it's still good I want to try something different which is more form fitting and less bulky.

The only girdle/shell combo I've tried on was the mx3. I loved how snug it fit and comfortable it felt but when I moved my legs up and down like skating I found that the shell rode up a bit on the legs exposing the padding/girdle which I didn't like. I'm about 6', 180lbs with a 34" waist and tried a medium.

I like how you fit into the supremes (wraps around waist with velcro) because I like to put my skates and shin pads on first before the pants.

When I saw the Warrior combo I thought that they might be the one but upon further research they don't open up like other girdles so I may have an issue with putting it on after my skates/shin pads. Anyone have any ideas how to do this with this girdle?

Also I wanted to ask guys who have this combo, does the shell ride up on the legs at all? Does the shell fit snug on the legs and is it the same length or longer on the legs?

Any pics to help me decide would be greatly appreciated :)

tia

When I saw the Warrior combo I thought that they might be the one but upon further research they don't open up like other girdles so I may have an issue with putting it on after my skates/shin pads. Anyone have any ideas how to do this with this girdle?

Also I wanted to ask guys who have this combo, does the shell ride up on the legs at all? Does the shell fit snug on the legs and is it the same length or longer on the legs?

Any pics to help me decide would be greatly appreciated :)

tia

I tried putting my girdle on, after my skates. It is possible, but a major pain in the neck, and you end up stretching the mesh that holds the girdle together. I am pretty sure that the mesh goes back to normal, but still, why accelerate the breakdown of the gear. Aside from this, sure, you can cut it open and sew some velcro to make a closure system like the TotalOne girdle, but I would not recommend it, unless you are rich and do not mind potentially throwing away $120 minus what foam you can salvage upon trashing the girdle.

I will take some pics of my XL shell and XL girdle when I get around to it. The shell is snug and does not ride up, it stays exactly where I want it to during games. Only issue is the velcro that holds the belt in place- it will rip out unless you reinforce it.

I really like the new Dynasty girdle, but here in Canada there seems to be a distribution issue. I've checked several Source for Sports locations (none carried the girdle), Pro Hockey Life in Dartmouth, and several Sportchek locations both in Newfoundland and New Brunswick. The lone store out of all of these that actually carried the Dynasty was one of the two Sportchek locations in St. John's.

Seems like a great product, but like anything - if people can't find it there's not much chance for it to become popular. I finally had to order online as the Sportchek I did find it at didn't have a Medium in stock.

Anyone know what's up with the distribution, at least in Canada? Will this get sorted out over time or has Warrior lost a lot of retailers in Canada for some of their product lines like the Dynasty girdle? If you're not in Source for Sports or Pro Hockey Life, you're missing a huge portion of the hockey buying market in Canada.

colins

I like how you fit into the supremes (wraps around waist with velcro) because I like to put my skates and shin pads on first before the pants.

Most girdles don't have an open system like the supremes. Some of the higher end ones have sock holders so to me it makes sense to pull on your girdle, add socks / skates / shins / attach to sock holder and then put the shell on. If you want to use a girdle then for most of them it's a fact of life that you put it on before your skates.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

@cosmic: yah I wouldn't want to do that to the mesh and I'm not rich to add those zippers :). I look forward to the pics but was also wondering if the shell legs are the same length as the girdle or a bit longer and how does the shell attach to the girdle?

I was wondering if this would work with this girdle:

- put on jock shorts and girdle

- slip on socks so they are at the ankles

- put on skates

- put shin guards on on top of skate tongue and underneath socks

- pull up socks and pull down girdle to attach socks to jock shorts

- pull girdle back up

I know this might be unorthodox but I used to do this with pants which didn't have zippers in the legs and with most people saying the dynasty girdle is like a loose fitting short I thought this might work.

The lone store out of all of these that actually carried the Dynasty was one of the two Sportchek locations in St. John's.

Seems like a great product, but like anything - if people can't find it there's not much chance for it to become popular. I finally had to order online as the Sportchek I did find it at didn't have a Medium in stock.

Was it the Village or Stavanger location that had them instock? I'd like to try the girdle IRL before pulling the trigger.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

@cosmic: yah I wouldn't want to do that to the mesh and I'm not rich to add those zippers :). I look forward to the pics but was also wondering if the shell legs are the same length as the girdle or a bit longer and how does the shell attach to the girdle?

I was wondering if this would work with this girdle:

- put on jock shorts and girdle

- slip on socks so they are at the ankles

- put on skates

- put shin guards on on top of skate tongue and underneath socks

- pull up socks and pull down girdle to attach socks to jock shorts

- pull girdle back up

I know this might be unorthodox but I used to do this with pants which didn't have zippers in the legs and with most people saying the dynasty girdle is like a loose fitting short I thought this might work.

I do not see any reason why you cannot use that unorthodox method. Seems overly complicated, but I have noticed guys doing this. I think both girdle and shell are equal length, but I gotta get the pics still for ya. The girdle has little tabs and the shell has velcro, so they can attach like that. You really do not need to do that though, as the fit is snug with the belt fastening. I guess you could use the loop and velcro system, and relax the belt.

I've been putting my ST10 girdle on after my skates for 9 years now with no issues. Just be careful and help guide the runner through.

You could also leave your soakers on when you pull your girdle on. I still think it's a PITA though.

I had my soakers on and tried to guide the runner through gently. No way to do it without stretching the mesh, nd it is a major pain. Much less of a pain to just put the pants on first, then lace up the skates. As long as the belt is relaxed, then the girdle does not get in the way of lacing the skates. Does the mesh return to normal, after the couple of times that I stretched it to get the skates through? Maybe mostly, but to me it's not worth messing up my gear.

Wow thanks for that cosmic. That really helped and it definitely has made up my mind. Just have to figure out what size I would need. I was trying on medium in the mx3 but was told I should try large but never got around to it.

Do you have any issues with your shin guards getting hung up in the girdle or shell while playing? Read that was in issue with some who had the mx3/nxg girdle.

Yes, I had to take off the top flaps on my 17 inch Reebok 20K Pro shins. They were interfering with the thigh guards. Once I removed them (they are attached by velcro, so I can put them back if I ever switch pants and want to see if I can reinstall them), I have been good to go.

What is your height/ weight/ dimensions? I fit pretty decently into a Large Warrior Dynasty girdle. It was a bit of a tight fit, I was stretching the mesh a bit awkwardly in the groin area (not because of that, as I tried the girdle on at HM, not somewhere nefarious). I just figure, that since I play overseas and gear is so hard to come by, and expensive when we do stumble on it, that I would be best served play it safe and go with the size that is least likely to rip due to my stretching it out (and XL gives me a nice snug fit, it is not like I am swimming in it by any means). So, something to consider with the sizing.

A large shell actually fit perfectly in the store too, over the XL girdle. However, I tore through the velcro in the front, I think from just regular action. I could have belted loose and just used those side tabs, but whatever, I did not think of it at the time. Again, XL, as you can see, gives a snug fit. It is a bit of a challenge to pull on in the video, but I think it is due more to my only having 9 fingers working, rather than it being super tight or anything like that.

Yes, I had to take off the top flaps on my 17 inch Reebok 20K Pro shins. They were interfering with the thigh guards. Once I removed them (they are attached by velcro, so I can put them back if I ever switch pants and want to see if I can reinstall them), I have been good to go.

Hmmm, my current shins don't have that feature and I just picked up the hd1 shins which I don't think have that tool:(

What is your height/ weight/ dimensions? I fit pretty decently into a Large Warrior Dynasty girdle. It was a bit of a tight fit, I was stretching the mesh a bit awkwardly in the groin area (not because of that, as I tried the girdle on at HM, not somewhere nefarious). I just figure, that since I play overseas and gear is so hard to come by, and expensive when we do stumble on it, that I would be best served play it safe and go with the size that is least likely to rip due to my stretching it out (and XL gives me a nice snug fit, it is not like I am swimming in it by any means). So, something to consider with the sizing.

A large shell actually fit perfectly in the store too, over the XL girdle. However, I tore through the velcro in the front, I think from just regular action. I could have belted loose and just used those side tabs, but whatever, I did not think of it at the time. Again, XL, as you can see, gives a snug fit. It is a bit of a challenge to pull on in the video, but I think it is due more to my only having 9 fingers working, rather than it being super tight or anything like that.

I'm about 5'11" - 6', 180'ish lbs with a 34" waist. Going to check out one more store tomorrow to see if they have it in stock otherwise I'm going to order a medium and large from HS and return the one that doesn't fit. But the shins getting in the way has got me thinking now.

I am pretty sure that most upper shin guard flaps are going to interfere with just about any girdle, especially a tighter fitting girdle than the Dynasty. I never had a problem with these flaps when I wore pants (Warrior Franchise pro stock size L and CCM CL size XL), because I think the flaps must have been tucking under the huge openings of the thigh guards in those pants.

Sounds like you are one of those sizes (M or L).

I haven't got any problems with the top flaps and my tight girdles in any of these combinations:

Shins: Rbk 20k, Easton EQ Pro, Bauer Vapor x5.0

Girdles: TotalOne, Warrior Project, Easton Synergy (the old black/blue)

The reason is that I use tight non-woven socks that a) keep the flap down b) are held up by a garter belt/jock combo at a height above the lower end of the thigh guards.

I really like the new Dynasty girdle, but here in Canada there seems to be a distribution issue. I've checked several Source for Sports locations (none carried the girdle), Pro Hockey Life in Dartmouth, and several Sportchek locations both in Newfoundland and New Brunswick. The lone store out of all of these that actually carried the Dynasty was one of the two Sportchek locations in St. John's.

Anyone know what's up with the distribution, at least in Canada? Will this get sorted out over time or has Warrior lost a lot of retailers in Canada for some of their product lines like the Dynasty girdle? If you're not in Source for Sports or Pro Hockey Life, you're missing a huge portion of the hockey buying market in Canada.

colins

Not sure it's as much a distribution issue as it is simply those retailers not wanting to carry a niche product from a brand smaller than the big 2. As with any product, it has to show proven sales before retailers opt to buy.

Just a quick update.

So I was able to order online a medium and large girdle and tried them on a few weeks ago. My first impression was they looked amazing.

When I put them on they weren't as form fitting as I thought and as others have said, or was it Cosmic, that it's like a loose fitting short. The front pad is a little wide for my liking and makes it look like a regular pant.

In the end I ended up returning them and picked up the MX3 girdle/shell, for a good deal, which is more form fitting. I really wanted to like the warrior's but couldn't get over the fit.

Thanks to Cosmic for the vid :)

I have to agree with tcc here. I have had the pants for a few months now and they were not as great as I expected them to be from reading reviews and things. I had no possibility to try them on before ordering so I just bought them. Being a 32" inch in pants and 183cm tall I almost always go with medium. These pants seems to just barely fit me in medium (bit small) and in my opinion they are lacking a lot of protection.

The fit is extremely snug, pants are (just like everyone is saying) like wearing shorts and the shell is kind of floppy (its already breaking down for me too).

When I upgraded my shinguards to top of the line (more bulk) vs my old I found them to fit weird with the snug pants. So I actually changed my Warrior girdle to my old Bauer x100 pants.

Oh well.