Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

60PlusWinger

Who's getting a Bauer 1N stick? Really "better" than a 1000/8000?

So it seems like yesterday that the Nexus 8000 came out with their "bigger sweet spot" thing and now the Nexus 1N is coming out soon but whos getting one? I personally don't think it is a super attractive stick and the changes apparently are just a modified kick point and some aero foam 3 in the blade. I just wonder how much you can really modify a mid-kick stick kick point without messing with new materials. I think it's at a point where you could use blacked out Nexus 1000/8000/1N back to back to back sticks and get people choosing all three sticks as their favorite without even knowing it was a previous model stick. So whos getting one?

I'm going to get one with the new P28 curve. Been using the HTX recently. I love the stick, but the blades keep falling apart on me. Bauer blades have been more durable in my experience.

Having used all three sticks, for me the 1000 still remains the best. But I did like the 1N a lot more than the 8000.

So what is it about the 3 that set each other apart? It seems like a lot of guys pro stock stick codes even in Nexus 8000, APX2, 1X and MX3 are still R32, RB7, RB7Pro etc.

They stiffened up the 8000 too much. I hope this changes with the 1N. It flexed in all of the wrong places.

I can see that now that you say it. Maybe stiffened up its play and it ended up making it tougher to get good shots off with little effort?

Considering that nobody here has held a 1N (except the possibility of some who are sworn to secrecy and can't discuss it anyway) it is very difficult to offer an opinion.

Strangely enough last week I had the chance to try one. One of our LHS's somehow had them in store already. I've got a pair on pre order with them.

Feel was almost identical to the 8000 with a little less weight. Closer to the weight of the 1000 which IMO was the the lightest and best feeling Bauer stick ever made. The kick point is almost identical to the 8000 and felt great. Plenty of pop, crisp passes and accuracy. Flex felt great and the blade was perfect. Without a doubt this will be my stick of choice for the next 12 months simply because the Nexus line suits my style of play.

So what would you give for grades in regard to the models now that you've used them all? Your favorite blade, shaft, weight and puck feel? It seems like many are loyal to the 1000

I'm on my last Nexus 1000 p14 77 flex. Holding out for the 1N after hearing they tweaked the 8000 a bit much from the 1000. Nexus 1000's probably my all-time favorite because of the weight, feel and fact that it loads easily, since I'm in that weird margin of players who's just past an intermediate, but 77 flex senior shoots up into the 90's when I cut it down.

Sorry guys, was busy all day, didn't get a chance to check this til now.

IW Chase - I just felt like the 8000's puck feel was so much different than the 1000, in a bad way. The 1N got back to that it seemed like, and it kicked a lot better than the 8000 too. Like kovalchuk71 said, the 8000 played a lot stiffer. But I was using an 87 1N and it was much better, even coming from someone who usually uses 77's. The blade seemed more responsive, much more similar to the old 1000, which was one of my favorite sticks I've used to date.

Didn't get too much time with it, only a half hour maybe sandwiched between a 1X and another stick, but from that time, I definitely liked it a lot. Not as much as my 1000, but lightyears more than the 8000.

Just what I was lookin' for Aviery. How about puck feel; more lively, dampened or about the same?

Chase, puck feel was great.

The blade feels strong and well built/reinforced. Similar to the 8000 but in my opinion felt a little better. Cushioned for hard passes but still rigid and strong when shooting.

Does anyone know when the 1N is supposed to actually come out? Ball park? I know the 8000 was released in spring of 14, the mx3 in fall of 14 and 1x in winter 15 so are we thinking fall?

Chippa is correct. It was mentioned in the Bauer catalog thread by the product mgr. that Nexus sticks will be in the Fall; the next Supreme stick in Spring of 2016.

Curious question for those who are familiar with Bauer's manufacturing/distribution process:

Are sticks which are manufactured/distributed in Europe more robust/durable than their North American counterparts? I went into an LHS yesterday (happens to be a Bauer Competency Center) and was told just this while looking at the new Nexus line.

Chatted with the owner of my LHS a few weeks ago and he told me that the sticks for the north american market are more built for performance and the ones we get in europe more for durability (not only bauer). But I don't know if it's actually true