Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

decoy

2016-2017 Gear Sightings

16 hours ago, lennyboi said:

I can't find a picture but Zaitsev is using a new Warrior stick tonight vs the Penguins. Looks like the it says Warrior "Alpha" on it....new successor to HD1 probably....

It replaces the Dynasty but isn't an updated Dynasty. 

2 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

It replaces the Dynasty but isn't an updated Dynasty. 

Thx JR - Very interesting. looking forward on hearing some feed back on this Alpha QX when it's available

It feels nothing like a Dynasty that's for sure. Really, really excited for this one. Warrior's in a great place right now.

2 hours ago, EBondo said:

It feels nothing like a Dynasty that's for sure. Really, really excited for this one. Warrior's in a great place right now.

Any thing you can maybe compare it to that's been out in the last little bit? 

2 hours ago, EBondo said:

That's intriguing! Can you comment on the blade at all? I used a teammates HD1 briefly and didn't like the blade at all...Felt...Mushy? But briefly messing with a QRL was totally the opposite, that felt really crisp.  

5 hours ago, orlandkurtenbach said:

Anybody else notice the Warrior visors on the Finns tonight in pre-tourney action?

Rebranded Hejduksport visors. Just like Fischer, Frontier etc.

It may have already been covered, and may not come out because of the buyout by Bauer, but there was supposed to be one more Stealth, called the CS or SS IIRC. Am I crazy or is / was that happening? 

27 minutes ago, Jamarquan said:

It took CCM three years to run out of adjectives to put with Tacks.

It depends. It could signal a special minor update release, akin to the iPhone X, followed by the iPhone Xs, then finally the iPhone X+1. Maybe not though.

16 minutes ago, flip12 said:

It depends. It could signal a special minor update release, akin to the iPhone X, followed by the iPhone Xs, then finally the iPhone X+1. Maybe not though.

I'm not sure, but it was more to poke fun at CCM. My first thought when the Tacks came out in 2014 was that they'd run out of numbers to slap on the lower cost variants, then the Ultra Tacks came out and I was wondering how many adjectives they'd be able to use. What you're saying is entirely possible, but in a market that doesn't need small changes, the small upgrade thing may not be good. Although, from my understanding, the Super Tacks was pretty nice.

51 minutes ago, JunkyardAthletic said:

Isn't it ironic; don't ya think?

And yet that song doesn't have a single ironic thing in it, which is the only thing that is ironic about the song.

5 minutes ago, Jamarquan said:

I'm not sure, but it was more to poke fun at CCM. My first thought when the Tacks came out in 2014 was that they'd run out of numbers to slap on the lower cost variants, then the Ultra Tacks came out and I was wondering how many adjectives they'd be able to use. What you're saying is entirely possible, but in a market that doesn't need small changes, the small upgrade thing may not be good. Although, from my understanding, the Super Tacks was pretty nice.

I was holding out for the Mega Tacks :(

1 hour ago, Jamarquan said:

It may have already been covered, and may not come out because of the buyout by Bauer, but there was supposed to be one more Stealth, called the CS or SS IIRC. Am I crazy or is / was that happening? 

I wouldn't be surprised. They have maintained brand visibility on sticks in the pros so I suppose it is a possibility.

29 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Speak for yourself, I wanted Thumb Tacks to be released. I'd buy a couple to try just from making me chuckle. 

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

I was thinking Lego Tacks, as long as we're building our own. 

1 hour ago, tcraig said:

Speak for yourself, I wanted Thumb Tacks to be released. I'd buy a couple to try just from making me chuckle. 

With the price of gear these days, I'm thinking Income Tacks or Personal Property Tacks. That's right, accounting humor, get over it.