Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

decoy

2016-2017 Gear Sightings

1 minute ago, JR Boucicaut said:

I get the frustration.  I've given you my company's line on it, but what about the shop employee on here who saw the lineup from the rep?  

He comes into the speculation thread and posts everything about the skate (assuming it's factual, false is another story.)  Then I get a phone call from the manufacturer asking me to censor my website by removing the post.  It wasn't information that was ready for public consumption, so I end up having to do it.

This way is much easier.

i'm not frustrated, i'm new here and my questions were gauging what i can or can't do. i asked you the question JR, and 3 people condescendingly chimed in. i'm not talking about this any further because i don't want anyone to feel animosity towards each other.

MSH is like a hockey locker room. There are rules, most unwritten but if you are here we assume you know that the rules are unwritten. This is hockey.

First unwritten rule of the MSH locker room : Don't step on the logo and don't fuck with the captain, JR. Same as every other locker room in hockey.

Second unwritten rule of the MSH locker room : You're going to get your balls busted. You better get used to it. Same as every other locker room in hockey.

The manufacturers are now officially releasing information much later then say 8-10 years ago. I remember in the early days all the catalogues for various manufacturers would be posted by mid-late December. These days it's a lot later. Product is released to NHL players and it's seen there, social media is used to send out teaser images and build anticipation, but the full information isn't released to the general public until just before launch. 

This is a change in strategy on the manufacturers part and beyond the control of this site. Respecting launch dates and sensitive information to maintain good relationships makes complete sense; so if people are frustrated with the later release of details the last several years then they should be frustrated with the manufacturers and not MSH.

1 minute ago, DarkStar50 said:

MSH is like a hockey locker room. There are rules, most unwritten but if you are here we assume you know that the rules are unwritten. This is hockey.

First unwritten rule of the MSH locker room : Don't step on the logo and don't fuck with the captain, JR. Same as every other locker room in hockey.

Second unwritten rule of the MSH locker room : You're going to get your balls busted. You better get used to it. Same as every other locker room in hockey.

Yeah, but I think you know me well enough to know that I am completely willing to have a rational conversation.  I don't want it to seem that I feel like I'm on this pedestal and can't be talked to.

2 minutes ago, althoma1 said:

The manufacturers are now officially releasing information much later then say 8-10 years ago. I remember in the early days all the catalogues for various manufacturers would be posted by mid-late December. These days it's a lot later. Product is released to NHL players and it's seen there, social media is used to send out teaser images and build anticipation, but the full information isn't released to the general public until just before launch. 

This is a change in strategy on the manufacturers part and beyond the control of this site. Respecting launch dates and sensitive information to main good relationships makes complete sense; so if people are frustrated with the later release of details the last several years then they should be frustrated with the manufacturers and not MSH.

That is exactly what is happening now.  

When that shift started, it was extremely frustrating to navigate, but just like every relationship, you need to work at it and find common ground.  

59 minutes ago, ZINC said:

TBH I get what he is saying though. The only people who benefit on here in regards to the early speculation are the select few (same people over the years) who go to the MSH Winter/Summer events. The 95% of us who do not get to go to the events or who are not chosen for LTR items are basically screwed over. Normally I'd keep my opinion to myself, but I've seen this happen here for several years.

No one benefits from early speculation.

When it comes to events, all you have to do is say you're interested when it's announced. You might not be in the first round but spots always open up. Plus, the show portion of the event is open to all MSH members. So you can come and chat with the vendors even if you don't make the list for the demo/game portion. There are always s good number of new people each year. It's a hell of a time. I highly recommend going if you can.

8 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

That is exactly what is happening now.  

When that shift started, it was extremely frustrating to navigate, but just like every relationship, you need to work at it and find common ground.  

If I remember correctly it all started with the X60 skate. Can't remember how many years back that was. I do recall it being the sucsseor to the Vapor XXXX.

13 minutes ago, DarkStar50 said:

listen, i asked JR the question based on his profile. what you said wasn't ball busting, you just said it out of ignorance which is fine, and you'e trying to deflect that, fine. but this isn't a locker room, you don't know me and if you greet people like that face to face, well, we all know how that goes. i don't need people being condescending or disrespectful because i'm new, this will surely drive others away from the community.

45 minutes ago, stick9 said:

If I remember correctly it all started with the X60 skate. Can't remember how many years back that was. I do recall it being the sucsseor to the Vapor XXXX.

I remember our rep telling me that they floated the idea of selling the skate blind, as in not showing the skate to dealers at all; they were trying to prevent leaks.

27 minutes ago, SaveByRask said:

listen, i asked JR the question based on his profile. what you said wasn't ball busting, you just said it out of ignorance which is fine, and you'e trying to deflect that, fine. but this isn't a locker room, you don't know me and if you greet people like that face to face, well, we all know how that goes. i don't need people being condescending or disrespectful because i'm new, this will surely drive others away from the community.

Listen, the last thing we want to do is drive people away.  We have entered a new chapter in our history and I want to make sure that all members are treated, and treat others with respect; nor should they feel that they are outsiders in this community.  The best part of this website is the community we have created, and the more people we have in here, the better it'll be.

2 hours ago, SaveByRask said:

i'm not disputing that. i asked JR Boucicaut a question and everyone else but him chimed in lol...

Your post didn't directly address him nor did it specify that you only wanted a response from him. That's why others replied.

Now that that's cleared up lets all go ahead and get back on topic. 

By the way, welcome to the forums! 

Howdy,

22 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Listen, the last thing we want to do is drive people away.  We have entered a new chapter in our history and I want to make sure that all members are treated, and treat others with respect; nor should they feel that they are outsiders in this community.  The best part of this website is the community we have created, and the more people we have in here, the better it'll be.

It's appreciated!  As a new guy here, I went to Winterfest not having any idea how it would be / a little cautious... It was awesome!  Everyone was super friendly and welcoming and it was awesome to get to know a few of you a little better.

Really looking forward to the next one I can go to.  Highly recommended.  :-)

Mark

3 hours ago, stick9 said:

No one benefits from early speculation.

When it comes to events, all you have to do is say you're interested when it's announced. You might not be in the first round but spots always open up. Plus, the show portion of the event is open to all MSH members. So you can come and chat with the vendors even if you don't make the list for the demo/game portion. There are always s good number of new people each year. It's a hell of a time. I highly recommend going if you can.

Meh I disagree with "nobody benefits from early speculation". It's fun for us not "in the know" to try and guess new features etc that upcoming gear will have and then going back and seeing how close we were once the product drops.

Winter/Summer fest would be great to attend, I'm not hating on that aspect.

The problem with any early speculation is that it always takes on a life of its own and gets passed on as fact somewhere down the line. The only result is misinformation and confusion.

7 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

I remember our rep telling me that they floated the idea of selling the skate blind, as in not showing the skate to dealers at all; they were trying to prevent leaks.

AKA the X-Ray catalog cover. The entire Vapor line in the catalog was done in x-ray pictures. Back when Bauer and everyone was learning their way around social media. Seems like 100 years ago now.

Not sure if this has been brought up. I saw Zach Parise wearing what looked to be an Oakley visor but branded CCM. Is this new?  

11 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Your post didn't directly address him nor did it specify that you only wanted a response from him. That's why others replied.

Now that that's cleared up lets all go ahead and get back on topic. 

By the way, welcome to the forums! 

thanks!! 

3 hours ago, A2rhino said:

Not sure if this has been brought up. I saw Zach Parise wearing what looked to be an Oakley visor but branded CCM. Is this new?  

ccm has their own visors now but you could definitely be right about the re-branding of them, haven't seen em for myself.