Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

decoy

2016-2017 Gear Sightings

I'm new to this whole thing, but  just curious if anyone knows what visors Finland's 2017 World Junior Team wore with their Warrior helmets. It has a Warrior sticker on the visor. Has Warrior started making visors? Or is it a sponsorship deal thing?

Pics:

- ARX20236.jpg?height=550&width=750

F11C0323.jpg?height=550&width=750

ARX23040.jpg?height=550&width=750

15 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

I believe @JSK81 said they are Frontier.

Yep, same visors as Hejduksport, Frontier, Fischer etc., just with Warrior stickers.

On Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 0:23 PM, JSK81 said:

Yep, same visors as Hejduksport, Frontier, Fischer etc., just with Warrior stickers.

Awesome! Thanks guys, cheers.

On January 18, 2017 at 1:27 PM, IPv6Freely said:

They're a step up over the god awful stock 1S graphics at least. 

Not gonna lie, I like them. Monochromatic, but not bad. 

7 hours ago, JunkyardAthletic said:

Been told that the company is owned by an equipment manager.

Was also told that they are also very easily moldable to the shape of the boot.

If they are comparable to the Nash wraps - it's a give and take.  Those wrap really well over "standard" skates, but any skate that's super wrapped, or has weird bumps, like Makos and VHs, tend to be harder to get the contouring around before the material cools down

I've got the Nash on my Makos, really pleased how they worked out. Only had to re-work (with a heat-gun) the part around the toe-cap to get a more snug contour, now it doesn't catch the ice when doing cross-overs.

However, I was unable to get the middle part to sit "flush" with the laces in the middle, so there is a 2cm gap there. Not noticeable on cross-overs, just something to get OCD about. Overall, I'd do the Nash ones again in a heartbeat, very easy to mold and instructions are spot-on.

4 hours ago, the iceman said:

detailed-view-of-the-locker-room-stall-o

I saw a bunch of these done to Icecaps (AHL) players Skates and wondered what they had. It looks like carbonfibe wrap sewn into the eyelet rows of the skate. 

Does anyone have more info?

The black material is kydex plastic,  commonly used for blockers. Some guys use 3M double side tape to stick it on instead of straps. But,  without any kind of padding between the thin kydex and boot,  the additional protection is negligible. I've posted some pictures of our new product,  Skate Skin. It is adhesive backed impact foam with a tough outer coating. It molds well with light heat and the adhesive is very good. A handful of NHL and AHL teams are currently using it. 

IMG-20161215-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20161110-WA0000.jpg

14 minutes ago, customskateworks said:

The black material is kydex plastic,  commonly used for blockers. Some guys use 3M double side tape to stick it on instead of straps. But,  without any kind of padding between the thin kydex and boot,  the additional protection is negligible. I've posted some pictures of our new product,  Skate Skin. It is adhesive backed impact foam with a tough outer coating. It molds well with light heat and the adhesive is very good. A handful of NHL and AHL teams are currently using it. 

IMG-20161215-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20161110-WA0000.jpg

Thank you for the info. Is there a reason there is nothing going over the tongue/back of the skate? The most painful pucks for me were ones on the laces compared to the sides.

I was thinking something like this which still allows forward flex. Or at least if it doesn't I haven't noticed that to be an issue when I wear them.

skatefenders-hockey-accessories-skate-gu

8 hours ago, Hills said:

Thank you for the info. Is there a reason there is nothing going over the tongue/back of the skate? The most painful pucks for me were ones on the laces compared to the sides.

Is it my eyes or is that custom tendon on the 1S skates? Kind of a unique cut how it melts from the ankle to the tendon

11 hours ago, Hills said:

I would imagine since it's adhesive it's meant to be somewhat permanent. If it went over the laces, it would create major issues with tying and loosening, as well as putting on and taking off the skates. 

Under the laces would probably work, but I figured to just put something over the top like on the Skate Fenders

10 hours ago, tpedersen3118 said:

Is it my eyes or is that custom tendon on the 1S skates? Kind of a unique cut how it melts from the ankle to the tendon

They are missing the injected lacing system as well.