Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Nice blades Cavs. I bet they'd go well with the two shafts I just picked up. :wink:

Those are some timeless pieces you have. Makes my collection look weak.

I have too many sticks. Thought I'd snap a pic of my favourites.

IMG_7488_zpsbdccce3e.jpg

Iginla Pro stock S19 (broken blade, but I'm keeping it)

Reebok 20k Hedman

Warrior Widow SE Kovalchuk

Easton RS2 Hall

Easton RS2 Iginla

Warrior Widow SE Grip Kovalchuk

Easton Mako Hall

Picked these up this week and couldn't be more thrilled. 6x Foote Pro Stock Comp T-Flex Blades. Curve is a Drury clone. Nothing has ever come close to these in terms of puck feel for me.

zh4q.jpg.

His wood blades were a little different, but similar to the Drury. I can see how he would have been able to move right into it without any real issues.

Finally picked up a new stick since I've been getting a lot of hours at work. Decided to treat my self and I love it, first game. Couple more games and I'll have a review up.

Easton V1E - 85 Flex - E4 Curve

IMAG0462_zps2f544bc1.jpg

2bwl.th.jpg

d6lj.th.jpg

I snagged a pair of Miken Z9s at Winners (for those of you who are in the US and don't know what a Winners is; it's the Canadian version of TJ Maxx) for $39.99. I was already lucky enough to win a pair of these at a previous Modsquad event and still use them for roller hockey. I couldn't pass up getting a second pair at that price. They feel a little stiff in some areas when you first wear them, but break in very nicely after a few games. Davetronz did a detailed LTR on the gloves: http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/61152-miken-razor-z9-glove/

For those of you who prefer a traditional 4 roll style they also had the Miken Pro Fit T gloves for the same price and DR Legends for $34.99. The Miken glove price tags say compare at $80, but I believe that's incorrect and they were both originally around $109 - the Z9 is currently $69 on IW: http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/Miken_Razor_Z9_Hockey_Gloves_Sr_14/descpage-MZ9G.html. The DR Legends were originally $60 gloves and I know Pro Hockey Life has them for $49.

Some people on another forum also spotted Viscious 1.5 sticks for $49.99 (entry level sticks and not as good of a deal as the gloves in my opinion) and Miken bags for $29.99. I haven't seen any sticks, but did see the gloves, stick bags ($14.99) and one gear bag at the locations I visited.

Edited by althoma1

I didn't expect it either - my wife was looking for clothes so I went over to the mens section and came upon them near where they sell the headphones and phone accessories ect. My guess is that they offered Miken the best price for their excess stock when they decided to leave the hockey business - you would've expected them to be cleared out by a major hockey retailer, but I have seen decent baseball bats (RBK Vector) there and at Marshalls (owned by the same company) in the past so this isn't the first time the company that owns Winners has picked up some overstock sports equipment.

On a positive note for people looking to find some, they'll probably have better luck finding stock at Winners then they would if a hockey store was blowing the gloves out at this price. A hockey store would likely sell through these gloves a lot faster than Winners at this price, but of course a hockey store would likely also charge a bit more for them unless they really wanted to clear the inventory.

Edited by althoma1

Off to Winners and Marshalls. That being said, I've found some decent used gear at places like Value Village/Goodwill. Those were broken down into parts later.

Hah I was just looking at those gloves as they were $50 at a local consignment shop. Someone then directed me to Winners. Going to go check em out. Hopefully my sister likes em enough to warrant a purchase.

I snagged a pair of Miken Z9s at Winners (for those of you who are in the US and don't know what a Winners is; it's the Canadian version of TJ Maxx) for $39.99.

Sounds like advantage Canada. I have yet to hear of hockey gear at TJ Maxx. Maybe I just don't get out enough.

Sounds like advantage Canada. I have yet to hear of hockey gear at TJ Maxx. Maybe I just don't get out enough.

Hockey at tJ Maxx/Winners.. sheesh. Here, they dont even carry hockey equipment at sports stores.

The X-60 tongues my APX's came with were too thin and causing some discomfort. Just picked up these Easton Z-Air tongues, and seems to be a big improvement. skates002_zpsfcfddeed.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Anthony, just snagged a pair. Going to bake them and probably cut the cuff for some extra movement.

No problem. Glad to help. If you picked up the Z9s the cuff does feel stiff and somewhat restrictive when they're brand new, but if you use them for a few hours it breaks in nicely. I'd try breaking them in before cutting the cuff off - perhaps baking will help accelerate the break in time.

Edited by althoma1

I separated the wrist flap from the rest of the cuff at the base of the palm (you can see the sliver of stretch gusset there) as some pros do, just to try. I'll definitely be baking them with wet hands haha. Not afraid to torch the cuffs with a heat gun just to see what happens either.

Edited by AIREAYE

wow, looks like i might have to plan a trip to windsor soon! did they have a decent stock of them?

The stock varies by location. One Winners had about a dozen gloves, but the other two I went two only had two pairs.