Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Stopped in Play It Again sports for laces today, and found a brand new Z-Bubble for 14.99! 100 flex! And an original Shanahan Ultra-Lite blade to go with it for only $9.99!

DSC_0222.jpg

• Like 2

Stopped in Play It Again sports for laces today, and found a brand new Z-Bubble for 14.99! 100 flex! And an original Shanahan Ultra-Lite blade to go with it for only $9.99!

DSC_0222.jpg

Why do none of the Metro Detroit PIAS's have deals like this? Haha. Nice pickups!

Why do none of the Metro Detroit PIAS's have deals like this? Haha. Nice pickups!

Buzz cleaned them out of $10 Inno shafts in December

From the wonderful HockeyMonkey sale

CCM 520 (vented). Quite a difference between these and the 7000s, but overall not a bad pant.

426504_10152645525195551_1082514484_n.jp

520s are great pants, that's a big part of the reason that model has been around so long.

From the wonderful HockeyMonkey sale

CCM 520 (vented). Quite a difference between these and the 7000s, but overall not a bad pant.

426504_10152645525195551_1082514484_n.jp

What is main differences between 520 & 7000?

Savants & Steelnation, How does sizing run?

I also received my 520s today. They are the newer vented style, marked 520ECHL. They fit pretty true to size I feel. I wear a size 50 in Tacklas and wear a large in Bauer One80s. The 520s in size medium fit me pretty well. I'm right about 6'0 and 190 and they're good on waist and length. I think a size large would've been too bulky personally.

Buzz cleaned them out of $10 Inno shafts in December

520s are great pants, that's a big part of the reason that model has been around so long.

These are my first pair of 520s and after wearing them for a bit around the house I have to say they are growing on me pretty well. I'm hoping to take them for a spin tomorrow.

1. The 520s are noticeably loose in comparison. I'll need suspenders compared to the 7000s.

2. The 7000s uppers are completely different which are lower than the 520s. I was a bit uncomfortable in the 520s while they also kept falling down my legs.

3. The 7000s have better padding on the legs, better for D-men blocking shots. The 520s have better kidney protection though.

4. The 520s (vented) don't really feel that much cooler.

5. The 7000s are tighter pulling them up (I have to work my way a bit) but once they are on, they are very comfortable and snug but not overly tight.

6. The belt on the uppers of the 7000s is loose and moves around, while the 520s is sewn in place, not a big deal.

7. I would say the 520s aren't necessarily as loose as they sound, but if buying the wrong size will be very noticeable.

Keep in mind I haven't even broken in the 520s yet, I'll probably wear them a few hours before I hit the ice Friday, but I do notice the 7000s fit a lot more like Vapors.

Edited by HockeySavants
  • Like 1

These are my first pair of 520s and after wearing them for a bit around the house I have to say they are growing on me pretty well. I'm hoping to take them for a spin tomorrow.

1. The 520s are noticeably loose in comparison. I'll need suspenders compared to the 7000s.

2. The 7000s uppers are completely different which are lower than the 520s. I was a bit uncomfortable in the 520s while they also kept falling down my legs.

3. The 7000s have better padding on the legs, better for D-men blocking shots. The 520s have better kidney protection though.

4. The 520s (vented) don't really feel that much cooler.

5. The 7000s are tighter pulling them up (I have to work my way a bit) but once they are on, they are very comfortable and snug but not overly tight.

6. The belt on the uppers of the 7000s is loose and moves around, while the 520s is sewn in place, not a big deal.

7. I would say the 520s aren't necessarily as loose as they sound, but if buying the wrong size will be very noticeable.

Keep in mind I haven't even broken in the 520s yet, I'll probably wear them a few hours before I hit the ice Friday, but I do notice the 7000s fit a lot more like Vapors.

Whats your weight, height and Jean size so we can compare these facts to dimensions... Thanks!

RBZs are my thing........

photo3mb.jpg

20k Curve (Kreps)

photo1llw.jpg

RBZs belong to...

photo4jj.jpg

CLs belong to...

photo2yzt.jpg

I really envy your new stick collection :laugh:

Too bad we don't have any kind of pro stock (this case) or good clearance in Europe and I'm still playing with my 65S II that is quite expensive here anyway!

We have a decent amount of pro stock sticks available in Finland.

I really envy your new stick collection :laugh:
Too bad we don't have any kind of pro stock (this case) or good clearance in Europe and I'm still playing with my 65S II that is quite expensive here anyway!

We have a decent amount of pro stock sticks available in Finland.

Oh yes sorry, I was meant to say in Italy!

I usually buy from Germany that has a good trade off between item price and delivery price (and delivery time as well), but in Italy there's basically nothing apart from some shafts that Milan EQM gave us from broken sticks to be used in a 2 piece setup! (you still have to pay for the shaft a bit, and sometimes they're just too hard for my level)

Do you know where I can take a look at some of these (link)? Thanks!

Edited by Fred

Sorry, the shops that sell them don't list them on their websites...

Gear prices are actually on the low side here compared to other European countries (excluding easton gloves and sticks) but I would guess shipping is expensive.

Oh yes sorry, I was meant to say in Italy!

I usually buy from Germany that has a good trade off between item price and delivery price (and delivery time as well), but in Italy there's basically nothing apart from some shafts that Milan EQM gave us from broken sticks to be used in a 2 piece setup! (you still have to pay for the shaft a bit, and sometimes they're just too hard for my level)

Do you know where I can take a look at some of these (link)? Thanks!

Hockey Monkey had a big sale on Pro Stock gloves, pants, sticks.

Pants were going for $129

Gloves $109-129

Sticks $119

10-20% off coupon deals as well.

I'm only saying this so you don't get ripped off on eBay