Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

2 hours ago, Larry54 said:

It's ironic that the VH skates that I bought before True took over had tan Clarino liners by default.

I don't know if I would consider that ironic. The dark clarino TRUE liners are VERY nice and don't absorb as much moisture and they also dry out very fast too. I absolutely consider them to be top notch! From an overall technology perspective they are much more advanced than the tan clarino. 

On 6/8/2019 at 10:06 PM, Sniper9 said:

Yes. But at least with Bauer and CCM you know its two year intervals for specific models. I had a feeling though since it's pretty much two years since the true take over. 

How many people are buying new skates every two years though? Most players I know who wear TRUE skates specifically buy the brand because they know the skates are built to last. The durability of their skate has been tested and proven at all levels of hockey. 

Edited by Nicholas G
  • Like 3

On 6/5/2019 at 11:35 AM, Nicholas G said:

The grey clarino doesn't soak up as much moisture and is noticeably thicker than the tan liner. This is why when you see most of TRUE skates being used by professionals they almost always have the tan liners. It provides much better grip locking the foot into place. 

On 6/8/2019 at 7:53 PM, Nicholas G said:

TRUE has a snug fit liner they are testing but is not available to the public as of yet. Stay tuned. In the meantime, if you know the right people and ask nicely you can still get the tan clarino. I got them to hook you up 😉 

On 6/9/2019 at 11:49 AM, Nicholas G said:

I don't know if I would consider that ironic. The dark clarino TRUE liners are VERY nice and don't absorb as much moisture and they also dry out very fast too. I absolutely consider them to be top notch! From an overall technology perspective they are much more advanced than the tan clarino. 

🤔

So pretty much:

• Gray/Dark Clarino is thicker, doesn't soak up much moisture and dries fast, more advanced in terms tech, and is more suitable for general folks, what you get by default
  • Tan Clarino gives better grip, suitable for Pros and only available off-menu
  • New snug fit liner is in testing, which would be the best of both worlds, but not even available off-menu
Edited by Giltis
Formatting

On 6/9/2019 at 8:52 AM, Nicholas G said:

How many people are buying new skates every two years though? Most players I know who wearTRUE skates specifically buy the brand because they know the skates are built to last. The durability of their skate has been tested and proven at all levels of hockey. 

Besides u... Not sure 😁

5 hours ago, Giltis said:

So pretty much:

• Gray/Dark Clarino is thicker, doesn't soak up much moisture and dries fast, more advanced in terms tech, and is more suitable for general folks, what you get by default
  • Tan Clarino gives better grip, suitable for Pros and only available off-menu
  • New snug fit liner is in testing, which would be the best of both worlds, but not even available off-menu

Rob from TRUE has actually been in contact with me today. I asked if he'd clear up some things I've seen in forums. Regarding the difference between tan and dark liners:

"-the standard True branded clarino liner vs. the old style tan clarino.  The only difference is the colour.  All material is exactly the same.  If anything, the branded clarino is tested more durable."

Regarding a tight or "Pro fit": 

"-for the tightest fit, when heat molding the skates, make sure that the store is following the newest heat molding instructions.  This will remove all negative space in the boot.  Really cinch in the heel area, this will eliminate the heel from moving during skating."

And also included a video, which Im assuming is available to shop employees with fitting instructions including plastic wrapping the skates from mid foot to heel many times, with each time adding slightly more tightness to the boot. I believe it helps lock in the heel as well.

Edited by dnoboy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dnoboy said:

Rob from TRUE has actually been in contact with me today. I asked if he'd clear up some things I've seen in forums. Regarding the difference between tan and dark liners:

"-the standard True branded clarino liner vs. the old style tan clarino.  The only difference is the colour.  All material is exactly the same.  If anything, the branded clarino is tested more durable."

"-for the tightest fit, when heat molding the skates, make sure that the store is following the newest heat molding instructions.  This will remove all negative space in the boot.  Really cinch in the heel area, this will eliminate the heel from moving during skating."

And also included a video, which Im assuming is available to shop employees with fitting instructions including plastic wrapping the skates from mid foot to heel many times, with each time adding slightly more tightness to the boot. I believe it helps lock in the heel as well.

The new process is fantastic. Nothing but solid feedback from everyone regarding it. In fact, we now do this same process for ALL skates at our store. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

The new process is fantastic. Nothing but solid feedback from everyone regarding it. In fact, we now do this same process for ALL skates at our store. 

is there somewhere online showing the new process?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dnoboy said:

Can you send me or post this video?  

Also what do u mean by cinch the heel? Using a ratchet clamp?

7 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

Can you send me or post this video?  

Also what do u mean by cinch the heel? Using a ratchet clamp?

No it gets compressed by the plastic wrap. Here you go 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dnoboy said:

No it gets compressed by the plastic wrap. Here you go 

Wow thank you. And a look at the new quick release holders 😁

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dnoboy said:

Oh I didn't mean to sound like I knew anything about them, I was just compiling what was said previousely.

9 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Wow thank you. And a look at the new quick release holders 😁

Has anyone had any feedback on these? They look nice.

46 minutes ago, Giltis said:

Oh I didn't mean to sound like I knew anything about them, I was just compiling what was said previousely.

Has anyone had any feedback on these? They look nice.

Holders are not available yet. However trainers I now that have had a look.. and these are Vetran guys.. "game changer.. will take over next season" 20/21

1 hour ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

Holders are not available yet. However trainers I now that have had a look.. and these are Vetran guys.. "game changer.. will take over next season" 20/21

One thing is for sure, anyone who ever complained about weight will surely have nothing to whine about anymore. Still not a justification to skip leg day though 😉 

1 hour ago, Nicholas G said:

One thing is for sure, anyone who ever complained about weight will surely have nothing to whine about anymore. Still not a justification to skip leg day though 😉 

Forecheck, backcheck, paycheck, crush sandos, crush bar down clappers boys.

1 hour ago, Nicholas G said:

...and the super thin pro spec tongue 😉 

How does that compare to the MLX tongue? They look pretty similar.

3 hours ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

1) Would these use the same holes as the current Step holders?

2) I assume this would need a different set of runners than the original Step holder runners due to the change in design

6 minutes ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

1) Would these use the same holes as the current Step holders?

2) I assume this would need a different set of runners than the original Step holder runners due to the change in design

I'd rather not be the one to say all the details. If Rob says go ahead I will  but it does use some of them and there is new steel by Step yes. 

Of course the others I'm sure will copy it unless True decides to do a Bauer thing and Patent it. 

Unless they’re being proactively mounted on Bauer and CCM skates at scale my guess is that they’ll be as much of a game changer as the skates themselves. 

You’re talking about stubborn creatures of habit that have had the word tuuk stamped on their holders for anywhere from 15 to 30+ years. 

Edited by Cavs019
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, stick9 said:

And at this point, a quick release holder is simply keeping up with the times.

It's more than just a quick release holder.... I cannot comment on anything more though. 

• Like 1