Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

My shop too.

Their firstly work is ski boots fitting.

Also they deal with many kinds of other sports, hockey, speed skate, running, base ball, football or anything others.

• Like 1

They can do them for skates too?

Fact: Sidas was actually initially developed for skiing. Then it was adopted for hockey insoles, mainly by GRAF.

The technology remains the same for both products/applications. An insole that "fits" your foot shape for comfort and support.

Fact: Sidas was actually initially developed for skiing. Then it was adopted for hockey insoles, mainly by GRAF.

The technology remains the same for both products/applications. An insole that "fits" your foot shape for comfort and support.

Yea, I know it was for ski boots. I just didn't know the insoles were the same for both skates and ski boots (assumed it was a different insole "blank" for the two products, with ski places not carrying the hockey ones). But if they are the same thing, then great!

Nice, RoadRunner in Carlsbad is right near me. Thank you!

BTW if you haven't been fitted for running shoes in a long time, I recommend getting fitted, it's worth the extra $$$ just to make sure you are in the right size...

Man what I'd do to find somebody who did sidas customs in SoCal.

The pro shop at Anaheim Ice does them. I got mine there. I also believe Jake's Custom in El Segundo does them as well.

The pro shop at Anaheim Ice does them. I got mine there. I also believe Jake's Custom in El Segundo does them as well.

Hmm, I'm literally 10 mins from Jakes three days a week. I've also been meaning to go for a skate at the Toyota Center. Maybe I should do both tomorrow or Thursday.

Couldn't they just mail you a new tongue to Velcro in?

Exactly.

Just order new tongues from Scott.

No need to send them back for this reason.

To OP: What advantages will you have with a flexible/felt tongue?

Edited by Davetronz

Sorry I've mistaken.

Not for tongue, but I send back for tendon guard.

I also considered perhaps the shop which I always using can change to the new tendon guard if I receive the material from Scott.

But finally I decided to send back.

Edited by Mimizk

Anyone have any experience ordering custom tongues through Scott? I've been wondering how he makes them, considering they could cause potential volume issues in the boot.

Edited by mc88

BTW if you haven't been fitted for running shoes in a long time, I recommend getting fitted, it's worth the extra $$$ just to make sure you are in the right size...

Yea I need to do that. I bought a custom pair of Nikes (via their Nike iD program), and when I got them the arch wasn't in the right spot. Not returnable :(

I need to go in and get them to fit me properly for some shoes.

My Sidas was formed for suitable with my VH boots.

The craftman always said me that one insole for just one shoes, it can't be use swapping.

Edited by Mimizk

I sent my boots back to Scott some time ago.

It will return after changed to flexible tendon guard and combine with new 2 tongues and replaced genuine tendon guard.

I sent my boots back to Scott some time ago.

It will return after changed to flexible tendon guard and combine with new 2 tongues and replaced genuine tendon guard.

What kind of tongues did you go with?

What kind of tongues did you go with?

One is a felt made and the other one is like genuine but cut the upper and nose shorter.

I don't ask him nothing about felt tongue though not either for short solid tongue.

I marked on the genuine tongue with tape and pen.

I don't like genuine tongue's feeling around inside of toecup or too long top amount.

Anyone have any experience ordering custom tongues through Scott? I've been wondering how he makes them, considering they could cause potential volume issues in the boot.

I did. Good experience. He did exactly what I needed. I had some volume issues and knew what I needed in a tongue. Here's what I requested:

- thicker than the stock tongue, but thinner than the "thicker" tongue (the thicker tongue is definitely too thick/long in the toe and forefoot area).

- a bit extra thickness/padding in the upper ankle area (like just below the ankle bones upward).

- a bit more width (with minimal thickness) in the mid-foot area between the area just behind the toe box and ending just before the ankle bone height-wise.

- the same length, or slightly shorter than the stock tongue.

- custom embroidery of my last name on the top of the tongues bold silver/white thread

I will say, be very careful with respect to volume/lacebite when ordering new/thicker/thinner tongues. Like I said, I knew exactly what I needed to fill up a bit of extra space.

A little bit of extra material does a LOT.

Update: I shipped my skate out on Monday to Scott, he got it by Tuesday, fixed my skate, shipped it back Thursday, then I just received it today, on Monday. Talk about high-quality service and a quick-turn around! He was even able to punch out the side of my boot for me as well. Now I can actually tie the lower part of my skates.

I can say, I stand by this guy and his product. He listens and he delivers. I hope his product becomes more popular in the NHL. It's a great skate, that with a bit of fine tuning, can rival the big 3: Bauer, CCM, Easton.

I sent my skates back to Scott but now I've been not able to receive reply from him.

This is very rare for Scott.

I'm waiting my skates for changed flexible tendon guard and thicker tongue.