Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

I'm continuing adjustment of my VH boots.

I sent an Email to a processing company of plastics yesterday.

I want to ask them making wedge-shaped plastic board for medial shims.

The thickness will be 5kinds, 2/4/6/8/10mm.

I have also sent Emails about the prices especially Battco's riveter to Blademaster but I couldn't receive any answers.

Perhaps I have to contact them by a letter.

The adjustment have not finished yet so I had once icetime with former Bauer boots though it have been felt too soft.

VH's stiffness is great.

But I want more fitment around heel.

Today is Memorial Day in the USA (National Holiday), so give Blademaster a day or two for a response.

Today is Memorial Day in the USA (National Holiday), so give Blademaster a day or two for a response.

Ah...no.

I sent 2 emails more than a week ago.

First, I've sent to Canadian, International mail account of Blademaster.

Then I couldn't receive reply from them, next I sent again to American account.

But I also couldn't receive any reply :sad:

Sweet. Didn't even notice the tongues until you called them out. They look quite nice. Huge holders, but I would do the exact same. This is the first time it's occurring to me with these taller holders and steel, but how high are boots being lifted, front and back, compared to before and compared to roller setups? Have you gotten to try them out yet? And are those waxed laces, Graf?

Ok, enough with the 20-questions, I'm removing myself before my envy gets too much more embarrassing :wub:

Edited by flip12

Sweet. Didn't even notice the tongues until you called them out. They look quite nice. Huge holders, but I would do the exact same. This is the first time it's occurring to me with these taller holders and steel, but how high are boots being lifted, front and back, compared to before and compared to roller setups? Have you gotten to try them out yet? And are those waxed laces, Graf?

Ok, enough with the 20-questions, I'm removing myself before my envy gets too much more embarrassing :wub:

huge holders? they are the same size I have on all my skates. May just look use as they are the speed blades. I'm a 9.5D Reebok which come with 287 e pro holders, and size 10D bauer which comes with ls2 288. They are custom. I did the same size on these, 287 speed blade.

No waxed laces, The boots aren't lifted. Do you mean how does it feel with the higher holder?

tom kristensen is the man!

They are tight, no negative space. instant response

Edited by iceman8310

I'm interested in your tongue too.

What is the difference between the normal one and yours?

Is it softer?

Other hand, I think so too that you assembled larger holders for your VH boots.

Of course you had been using the same size holders for your other companies' boots though we are saying that from point of view comparing boots and holders.

The holder's front and back are sticking out from boots' bottom.

I will try adjustment to insert medial shims for my VH boots tomorrow.

Probably I will upload it here.

I'm interested in your tongue too.

What is the difference between the normal one and yours?

Is it softer?

Other hand, I think so too that you assembled larger holders for your VH boots.

Of course you had been using the same size holders for your other companies' boots though we are saying that from point of view comparing boots and holders.

The holder's front and back are sticking out from boots' bottom.

I will try adjustment to insert medial shims for my VH boots tomorrow.

Probably I will upload it here.

the tongue is like a flex light tongue. I recommend it if you want a more normal skate tongue. it was made by VH though. the sizing matches my reeboks its just less material i believe. my VH footbeds match up to my superfeet from my reeboks. The holders stick off slightly, is that ok? they feel fine skating in them

the toes are carbon coated as well. not sure if you guys got that. they are not plastic toe caps

Edited by iceman8310

huge holders? they are the same size I have on all my skates. May just look use as they are the speed blades. I'm a 9.5D Reebok which come with 287 e pro holders, and size 10D bauer which comes with ls2 288. They are custom. I did the same size on these, 287 speed blade.

No waxed laces, The boots aren't lifted. Do you mean how does it feel with the higher holder?

tom kristensen is the man!

They are tight, no negative space. instant response

Just because they're sticking out, but I can see in my head how a VH boot would be trimmer around its base, so that may be why they look so huge; also, as you mentioned, no negative space in these.

I mean how high the boot is lifted by the holder itself--compared to older Tuuk Custom+, EPro, etc. I thought Edge and SpeedBlade were both higher holders than previous, ie, LS2. It just looks like the boot is off the ground higher, almost to the point of a lot of roller chassis+wheels.

Just because they're sticking out, but I can see in my head how a VH boot would be trimmer around its base, so that may be why they look so huge; also, as you mentioned, no negative space in these.

I mean how high the boot is lifted by the holder itself--compared to older Tuuk Custom+, EPro, etc. I thought Edge and SpeedBlade were both higher holders than previous, ie, LS2. It just looks like the boot is off the ground higher, almost to the point of a lot of roller chassis+wheels.

I know what you mean now, it look a few strides to get used to at first but worked out fine.

reason I went with the speedblade is I liked the epro holder. I had bad luck with edge and ls2 holders. both broke and the towers would compress.

Edited by iceman8310

Good to know. I've used LS2 and it's been fine. How do you mean the towers would compress, you could feel them loading like springs or something?

where the indents at the aft part of the skate would compress and fold in. I would feel the holder flex a lot more than I wanted with the ls2

Edited by iceman8310

The holders stick off slightly, is that ok? they feel fine skating in them

That's fine. Oversize holders for the boot. I have a friend that goes +1 size for his holders on all skates he uses as a preference for having longer blade/more blade on ice.

where the indents at the aft part of the skate would compress and fold in. I would feel the holder flex a lot more than I wanted with the ls2

Huh, interesting. The LS2's I skated on only had a decent amount of steel on one foot, so I never really got a good feel for the holder.

That's fine. Oversize holders for the boot. I have a friend that goes +1 size for his holders on all skates he uses as a preference for having longer blade/more blade on ice.

technically they aren't over sized though

Ofcourse my boots have been attached little sticked out holders too.

13884555851_2f458d6d8f.jpg

But I had used 1 size larger holders for my CCM skates which was the same size as my current boots.

After I changed Bauer and VH boots, I downed its sizes from Tuuk's 272 to 263.

Now we use contouring systems so I think already we can skate long edge with smaller steel.

So I don't mind about this size.

I've completed inserting medial shims.
I wonder whether really this adjustment would bring me better feeling or not.

14117644758_494094b6eb.jpg

14117645208_a094df77f6.jpg

I also want soft tendon guard and custom tongue.

I had an icetime with VH skates inserted medial shims.
It's so better feeling than normal setting.

I have bow-legs.
It makes rolling out force naturally.
So I put shims into the medial side between holder and outsole.
It makes a torque roll down to inside.
I got a balance of the forces.

14281160056_ae2a0ce676.jpg

I will have to change the holder because already it was cracked.

Also the steel will be changed to Step's Velocity and re-contoure with 13' radius and +2mm forward of balance point.

Perhaps I will buy felt toungue from Scott.

I feel that the end of adjustment is near...!

• Like 1

For the sake of being completely transparent, I want to add that my right skate recently developed a problem. The copper rivet holding the tendon guard broke (it's now at a 45 degree angle--cutting into my heel). As a result, the tendon guard moves too far back and creates a crease. I'm sending them back to Scott to be fixed and I'll update as soon as I receive the boot... but just want to give a heads up!

wBXwl2s.jpg

4HbPN0q.jpg

Edited by mc88

mc88,

I'm considering whether I will send my boots back to Scott too.

My boots' tendon guard is not broken but I want to change it to flexible one.

Though it takes time because I don't live in North America.

For the sake of being completely transparent, I want to add that my right skate recently developed a problem. The copper rivet holding the tendon guard broke (it's now at a 45 degree angle--cutting into my heel). As a result, the tendon guard moves too far back and creates a crease. I'm sending them back to Scott to be fixed and I'll update as soon as I receive the boot... but just want to give a heads up!

wBXwl2s.jpg

4HbPN0q.jpg

Same problem here. I was able to fix the copper rivet myself in my shop by cutting the Vibram slightly, re-pressing the rivet, cutting the excess and re-gluing the Vibram.

Unfortunately, the tendon guard also feels like it's about to break and the area just below the tendon guard copper rivet on both skates is rolled/peeling, so it's a bit rough on the back of my Achilles. Skates will likely need to go back to Scott around the first couple weeks of July when I don't have league play.

i'm looking to get some shims/lifts and some insoles other than super feet for these skates. I have the old grey hockey super feet. they fit me better than the yellow. can anyone recommend insoles. I have a fairly high arch.

grey ones I'm talking about
http://www.ourhealthnetwork.com/UserFiles/Image/Superfeet_Grey.jpg

Edited by iceman8310

i'm looking to get some shims/lifts and some insoles other than super feet for these skates. I have the old grey hockey super feet. they fit me better than the yellow. can anyone recommend insoles. I have a fairly high arch.

grey ones I'm talking about

http://www.ourhealthnetwork.com/UserFiles/Image/Superfeet_Grey.jpg

Sidas Custom or Sole Thin Sport