Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

Scott shipped mine in an inverted CCM Intruder Jr 2D box, haha. But yeah, Canada Post hands it off to USPS. Took about 3 days in transit to reach me. Shipped Saturday, delivered Tuesday.

Did you get an email or tracking number after it was sent out?

I'm considering whether really buy the VH boots or not.

If I would not choose VH, I'm thinking to choose CCM's new 2014 Tacks skates for my new pair.

I'm worried about VH's heel line.

it seems very swelling formed but my actual heel shape is different, but also similar as CCM boots'.

Not swelling but mostly straight line.

So I love the CCM boots but I can't forget orange colored CCM Vector Pro because its amazing fitment ability.

I felt like push my foot into the sox when heat molding.

Hearing some persons who reported their impressions on this thread, I'm so interested in VH boots because of the higher fitting or holding.

Probably I will make my mind within this week will be end.

Skated a few times now and LOVE them. Adjusting to put the tongue under the shin pad was odd at first, but it would press into my toes otherwise where the velcro is attached. Now that I tucked it though, it's safer and also perfectly comfortable. Due to my duck-like flat feet, the arches are hurting a bit, emailed Scott about it though, I expect this just being a short adjustment period. Otherwise they are nice and snug and feel just like normal shoes comfort-wise. Skating performance was great too, the lack of negative space definitely gives me the feeling of being more in control and getting more force onto the ice.

One caveat: There is no comfort-edge as requested per se (as in a roll of foam or w/e around the edge), but a) I don't need it, there is no rubbing and b) Scott naturally folded and rolled the liner to a round shape which eliminates the need for a more pronounced padding there.

Hey Malarowski, I have the same flat duck feet and just put in a set of super feet yellow over the red bottom insoles. I cut them by just tracing the red insoles and I have zero pain. I can't skate without them, just a thought...

I actually have too much arch support currently, I think, not too little. Scott replied to me and I will try some of his suggestions to reduce the arch within the skate so my foot isn't like 'hey, what is that bump?!'.

I agree, it's always a bit odd looking at your gear after playing and seeing where you get nicked up.

I noticed a pretty significant nick on the side of my tendon guard after my game yesterday. Really makes you wonder....

So... My skates are in. Haven't had time to bake and mold them yet.

Question for everyone though... How the hell do you get them on?!

Are people undoing the top few eyelets?

With the skates on they feel really good. They hug the foot really nicely again without being molded.

Edited by uclaman

With the skates on they feel really good. They hug the foot really nicely again without being molded.

I couldn't even get mine on before molding them. I undo the top 3 eyelets to put them on or take them off.

Before and during baking, I LOOSELY laced up the boot to about the middle eyelet. Pushed the tongue forward and slid my foot in.

After the baking/molding period, I find that undoing the top two eyelets, then loosening up the laces all the way down and pushing the tongue forward works the best. It's a pain in the ass to get on, but with the same method, fairly easy to get off.

Be careful about lacing these babies up. If you firmly pull the laces out to tighten the skates, you'll most likely over do it and cut off your circulation. Go at it with about 80% force until the last two eyelets. Then you can be more firm.

Also, I found the over-under lacing method a pain. It held very well, but made it difficult to unlace. Since then, I've switched to waxed laces and laced up with an under-over method and found it much easier to unlace, while not sacrificing lace tightness.

Edited by mc88

I couldn't even get mine on before molding them. I undo the top 3 eyelets to put them on or take them off.

shouldn't you do that with most skates anyway? helps the boot last longer taking them off the proper way

shouldn't you do that with most skates anyway? helps the boot last longer taking them off the proper way

With my previous skates undoing the top 2 eyelets and loosening the rest was plenty. With the VH's I need to unlace the top 3 and loosen the rest.

And to get the VH skate on, I need to insert my foot at a certain angle and slightly force it in. With my Flexlites, they just slipped on loosely.

Edited by Larry54

IMG_8722_zps2da4c8c5.jpg

IMG_7365_zpsd4abc9cf.jpg

IMG_6878_zps09575880.jpg

IMG_1863_zps716b99d4.jpgSome shots of the wear I've encountered through 4 months of use and ownership. Near the toe cap some of the material is coming up and appears strictly to be paper-like decals kind of rising. Once again, something I hope to be strictly cosmetic and not structural.

Fourth photo I'm not really sure how to describe. It's at the top of the boot where there appears to be a small separation. Not sure if that has to do with the stitching or not.

I'm checking out options on custom skates... This seems like a really nice product out of the box, but if this is 4 months of wear, I don't know if I could keep up with that kind of replacement schedule lol.

IMG_8722_zps2da4c8c5.jpg

IMG_7365_zpsd4abc9cf.jpg

IMG_6878_zps09575880.jpg

IMG_1863_zps716b99d4.jpgSome shots of the wear I've encountered through 4 months of use and ownership. Near the toe cap some of the material is coming up and appears strictly to be paper-like decals kind of rising. Once again, something I hope to be strictly cosmetic and not structural.

Fourth photo I'm not really sure how to describe. It's at the top of the boot where there appears to be a small separation. Not sure if that has to do with the stitching or not.

In the first 2 pictures, that happened to mine and I glued it back down with epoxy and it's still OK after several months. It's purely cosmetic and I can see from MC88's pictures that stitching has been added in that area to prevent peeling of what appears to me to be some kind of mylar film, so I believe it shouldn't be a concern for new owners. Here's a picture of mine without the stitching.

VHcorner.jpg

And a picture of MC88's skate with the new stitching.

10HyWjz.jpg

In the other two pictures it looks like damage from other skates during play, which would happen to pretty much any other brand of skates. I mean just look at the condition of his TUUK holder to get an idea of what the boots were probably also subjected to.

Anyway, I've had mine since last summer playing a couple times per week and they're as solid as on the first skate.

Edited by Larry54
  • Like 2

Yea it does look like he's improved the stitching in some areas of high wear, among various other improvements. VH really seems like a work in progress to me (especially at first where some of the outer appearance changed completely). Personally I'm happy he's always making adjustments and improvements.