Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nutters

2023-24 gear sightings

On 10/5/2023 at 10:40 AM, Westside said:

Connor Murphy in Marsblade i2 holders. He previously used standard Tuuks

IMG_0244.jpeg

Maybe he will begin to deliver on the expectation that were set when he got drafted 20th overall 😉 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

Maybe he will begin to deliver on the expectation that were set when he got drafted 20th overall 😉 

A lot of first rounders don’t make it or don’t become stars if they do. I wonder what percentage of first round picks excel in the NHL. Those expectations are quite suspect IMO. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

A lot of first rounders don’t make it or don’t become stars if they do. I wonder what percentage of first round picks excel in the NHL. Those expectations are quite suspect IMO. 

1 hour ago, flip12 said:

I looked at games played by first rounders once. It was kind of shocking to see how few games these guys played. What was even more shocking was how many GP's were played by 2nd and 3rd rounders from the same drafts.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, stick9 said:

I looked at games played by first rounders once. It was kind of shocking to see how few games these guys played. What was even more shocking was how many GP's were played by 2nd and 3rd rounders from the same drafts.

Agreed. I was kinda saying it “tongue in cheek” since it's been widely known he has had his fair shared of struggles. 

https://www.secondcityhockey.com/chicago-blackhawks-2022-23-nhl-regular-season-recap-connor-murphy-player-review/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

Looks like Nate Dog is testing the Bauer Proto. 

carolina-hurricanes-v-colorado-avalanche

I'd be surprised if it's actually a proto and not a different model Bauer under. You think he'd jump from an old trigger to a special edition sub 360 gram stick?

2 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

I'd be surprised if it's actually a proto and not a different model Bauer under. You think he'd jump from an old trigger to a special edition sub 360 gram stick?

He has also been testing a Super Novium lately so I bet he's just trying anything new at this point.

On 10/22/2023 at 1:50 PM, xstartxtodayx said:

He has also been testing a Super Novium lately so I bet he's just trying anything new at this point.

Interesting to see him use them in games though. Practice, that is usual for many players, but using something new in a game is not common. 

• Like 1

Found this interesting, albeit not surprising. You can clearly see the outsole on Connor McDavid’s “FT6P’s”

IMG_2567.jpeg

Edited by EBondo
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, EBondo said:

Found this interesting, albeit not surprising. You can clearly see the outsole on Connor McDavid’s “FT6P’s”

IMG_2567.jpeg

You can also see his SuperTacks weave in close up of his stick too. Evidently CCM isn't doing old designs anymore 🤷‍♀️

17 hours ago, Westside said:

I don’t care what anyone says. Tan mitts/pants for outdoor games are always a chef’s kiss 

I just wish they were more available and we didn't have to hunt a pair down for ourselves.

• Like 1

Howdy,

On 10/29/2023 at 7:33 PM, Westside said:

I don’t care what anyone says. Tan mitts/pants for outdoor games are always a chef’s kiss 

"Sponsored by Carhartt"

Sometimes that looks good.  This wasn't one of those times.

Mark

4 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

Rangers breaking in their alternate gloves... Navy with red trim, kind of wish they had some white in there too, two tone gloves are kind of boring.

401549147_734508292052611_35619811020873

I agree.  If even there was white trim around the letters and maybe the cuff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

Rangers breaking in their alternate gloves... Navy with red trim, kind of wish they had some white in there too, two tone gloves are kind of boring.

401549147_734508292052611_35619811020873

White outline on the letters would've done so well.

On 10/29/2023 at 5:18 PM, EBondo said:

IMG_2567.jpeg

And he's right back into his normal graphic OG jetspeeds and last year's stick again

20231115_222534.jpg

minnesota-wild-v-los-angeles-kings.jpg?s

Just noticed Doughty's got 55-Flex lace extenders. Is this his way of dealing with the switch from (semi-)soft shell to hard shell Vapors?

He now contends with Jagr for the all-time Frankenskate.

22 hours ago, flip12 said:

Just noticed Doughty's got 55-Flex lace extenders. Is this his way of dealing with the switch from (semi-)soft shell to hard shell Vapors?

He now contends with Jagr for the all-time Frankenskate.

Any idea where to find those these days? I've been looking for a new pair for years.  The 55flex website doesn't exist any longer.