Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

taigyr

Best trash talkin you heard while playing?

kid in my junior league, in which almost all of us where full cages, was chirping me abuot letting in a shit goal. this kid was wearing a visor tilted almost off his head and had about 7 pounds of tape around each ankle. first time he said something again, i simply said "don't talk unless you can see the world through wide screen." which was somewhat shit but i had to say something. then when he lost a fight to my buddy. i told him that if he hadn't been wearing ankle weights mabes he would have not got bagged

Just joined a junior team last week and still wear a cage, my visor should be here today.

Anyway at the end of my first game we are beating the other team pretty badly, and our goalie is jawing at one of the other team's better forwards. I play defense so I'm caught right in the crossfire.

The other guy(to my goalie): "You're an effing bender"

and then I politely ask him: "Then why has he let in four less goals than your goalie?"

to which he comes back with: "Does your mother not want her precious little boy's face to get messed up?"

me: "Nope, that would be your mother."

Pretty good banter all round.

The coach, never burn a bridge.

But all the players are fair game to you?

Sometimes I wonder about guys like Pavel Datsyuk who win the Lady Byng and are known throughout the league for being a classy guy, a good sportsman. Do you think/know if people talk trash even to a player who's built a reputation for sportsmanship?

Sometimes I wonder about guys like Pavel Datsyuk who win the Lady Byng and are known throughout the league for being a classy guy, a good sportsman. Do you think/know if people talk trash even to a player who's built a reputation for sportsmanship?

I'm not a trash-talker myself, and I obviously can't comment on whether this applies to Datsyuk, but it would seem to me that the best guy to talk trash to would be the player known to be a great sportsman - if you can get that guy rattled and bait him into taking a dumb retaliatory penalty, it'll likely shake up his team.

Edit - Unless he kicks your ass, then it'll just fire up the other team ;)

I'm not a trash-talker myself, and I obviously can't comment on whether this applies to Datsyuk, but it would seem to me that the best guy to talk trash to would be the player known to be a great sportsman - if you can get that guy rattled and bait him into taking a dumb retaliatory penalty, it'll likely shake up his team.

Edit - Unless he kicks your ass, then it'll just fire up the other team ;)

Is that why you trash talk, to try to bait the other team into stupid penalties?

In case you can't tell, I'm not and have never been a trash talker. I've only rarely been the recipient of it. I can't tell why exactly.

I've always been a yapper on the ice, I don't know why.

Heard a good one the other night in my beer league game.

We're a team of early 30 YOs, playing a bunch of 18-20 YO kids. Kid says to a guy on our team "Hey 3, I f*cked your daughter" LOL I was cracking up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUr_qek_W2I

i guess datsyuk is not off limits, but that was some of the weakest trash talk I've ever heard/

I don't know if it qualifies as trash talk if it comes from the ref, but I heard the best line in a while from the ref at my last game.

An opposing team forward camped out in our crease, so I dumped him on his butt right as the puck came to him. I picked up the puck made a breakout pass to a winger and went to take off up the ice only to find him clinging to my back leg with legs and arms wrapped around.

I gave him a "WTF dude?" but he wouldn't let go. A little tap on the noggin didn't discourage him and the ref skated over and asked what was up. I replied that I had a guy humping my leg. Totally deadpan and without a pause the ref came back with "Just be glad you're wearing white socks."

I've always been a yapper on the ice, I don't know why.

Heard a good one the other night in my beer league game.

We're a team of early 30 YOs, playing a bunch of 18-20 YO kids. Kid says to a guy on our team "Hey 3, I f*cked your daughter" LOL I was cracking up.

He should have said, "...and I f*cked your mom. You might be my illegitimate son."

I have only been playing hockey for a year now, so I haven't heard a lot. Also, I only play beer league currently. However, we do have one guy on our team that can not shut up. There is one roller hockey team in our league. They have the best record this season. They always kill us when we play against them. Even with that tough, my teammate cannot help but comment EVERY game about how "roller puckers" can't play "real" hockey. About how they suck, can't stop, can't take a hit, etc. However, we ALWAYS lose to them! And it usually is by more than just a goal or two. Now, if I were to trash talk someone, I would make sure that I am doing better, so it would actually mean something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUr_qek_W2I

i guess datsyuk is not off limits, but that was some of the weakest trash talk I've ever heard/

I don't think the NHL would broadcast the ones that we WANT to hear... Hahaha...

I don't know if it qualifies as trash talk if it comes from the ref, but I heard the best line in a while from the ref at my last game.

An opposing team forward camped out in our crease, so I dumped him on his butt right as the puck came to him. I picked up the puck made a breakout pass to a winger and went to take off up the ice only to find him clinging to my back leg with legs and arms wrapped around.

I gave him a "WTF dude?" but he wouldn't let go. A little tap on the noggin didn't discourage him and the ref skated over and asked what was up. I replied that I had a guy humping my leg. Totally deadpan and without a pause the ref came back with "Just be glad you're wearing white socks."

Hahaha... That's pretty good.

I usually like to chat up the refs. They usually have a pretty good sense of humor.

We were playing a team full of oldies and I beat a guy chasing a puck and he said "fuck you!" after I dumped the puck. I told him his daughter did before the game

During a face off one of my buddies is trying to get the other team's tough guy to drop 'em with him. After a bit of chirping the guy on on other team looked up, laughed and said, "buddy, I drop change heavier than you" in which my buddy asked, "how does that velcro feel?" The other guy asked him, "What velcro?" my buddy responds, "The velcro that keeps your gloves from falling off, you f$%#ing sally" :lol: needless to say i thought that was pretty clever, I always get a good chuckle out of that one

I talk trash more to the players on the other team than the refs but i ocassiaonly go on the refs for bad calls. The one i use most is "this isnt soccer". If any of you play 2 hot 4 ice you know the refs piss you off and specially in 14 and under nobody plays contact and i always do which changes up the game a little. When i check somebody or give them a nudge the look at me like they've never had contact before, and most people say "calm down dude" and then i come back with something like "this isnt soccer man" or "you should figure skate".

Luckily the refs were on my side this tournament this weekend and didnt call any of my big hits.

being a young guy on a older team some of the guys have some funny shit. i scored on a sick one timer last night and one my linemates who is double my age looked at me was like... i wish my wife was that dirty... i nearly cried

A guy on the other team tonight ate it pretty hard right in front of our bench with no one else around and I said, "New skates, huh?" All I got back was a big, embarrassed grin.

I had my championship game yesterday and it was a absolute shit show. 2 people got ejected, 30 something penalty minutes, it was horrible, no fun, and a bad excuse for hockey. About half way through the game i was playing a puck along the boards and the other teams GM comes flying towards the puck and tries to knock it away from me. I block it with my skate and she falls down over the puck. I jokingly said, "so you're just gonna lay down onto the puck now huh?" She turns her head towards me (while on the ground) and says "why dont you just fuck me!!!". Then she gets up and starting screaming at me about how our players dont belong in the league and all that jazz. It was really strange to say the least, i mean sure it was a heated game, but saying something that out of the blue just threw me off. I was dumbfounded.

Im wondering if i should call her up and take her up on her offer... :)

Anyone have any other crazy stories?

playing in a midget game, a play from the opposing team skated up behind a kid and said "your mom buys below average groceries"

funniest chirp i had heard ever at the time.

I had my championship game yesterday and it was a absolute shit show. 2 people got ejected, 30 something penalty minutes, it was horrible, no fun, and a bad excuse for hockey. About half way through the game i was playing a puck along the boards and the other teams GM comes flying towards the puck and tries to knock it away from me. I block it with my skate and she falls down over the puck. I jokingly said, "so you're just gonna lay down onto the puck now huh?" She turns her head towards me (while on the ground) and says "why dont you just fuck me!!!". Then she gets up and starting screaming at me about how our players dont belong in the league and all that jazz. It was really strange to say the least, i mean sure it was a heated game, but saying something that out of the blue just threw me off. I was dumbfounded.

Im wondering if i should call her up and take her up on her offer... :)

Anyone have any other crazy stories?

Was she hot?

In a Men's league game a guy on my team got a funny chirp directed at him. This guy was in the process of becoming a state cop and was a pretty big guy. During the game he knocked over this guy going for the puck. The other guy gets up & says "Hey! Back off, I'm massive under this jersey!" My teammate did everything he could to keep from laughing skating back to the bench.