Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vishi05

Best Stand-up Comic

Since someone made the post about Chris Rock sucking, I'm curious as to who everyone's favorite stand up is.

Three categories:

Of all time:

Still alive:

Seen live:

Mine would have to be:

Mitch Hedburg

Dave Chapelle

Alonzo Bodden (Bob Saget a close second)

First person to say Dane Cook gets bitch slapped.

Since someone made the post about Chris Rock sucking, I'm curious as to who everyone's favorite stand up is.

Three categories:

Of all time:

Still alive:

Seen live:

Mine would have to be:

Mitch Hedburg

Dave Chapelle

Alonzo Bodden (Bob Saget a close second)

First person to say Dane Cook gets bitch slapped.

The first person to say Carlos Mencia gets shot in the back of the head, execution style.

Can't say that I'm really a big fan of stand up, but I have tickets to go see Brian Regan in a month. I'm excited, I really liked his CD.

All-time I'd have to go with Richard Pryor. Bill Hicks is up there too and I'm a sucker for Carlin.

Still live: Chris Rock was good in his prime; Dave Chappelle seems to be hit or miss; don't know who I'd pick.

Seen live: Carlin or Mike Brbiglia.

I like(d) Mitch Hedberg but my thinking is if he's nominated you'd almost have to add Steven Wright to that vote.

carlan, eddie murphy (raw), and i saw a unreal robin williams stand up are a few that come to mind when i think the best. and ive seen doug stanhope and howie mandel (sp) live.

My sister started carving Stanhope when had a show up here because he wouldn't accept a shot. "Dwarfish cunt" is still the funniest thing said that night, professional or not.

Russ Meneveis a great new york comic. I was a big regan fan back in the late nineties, but I have seen him 2 or 3 times in the past 3 years and he just is not the same. I am a Jim gaffaghan fan, he does some great standup. Rich Vos is also a (hack) great comic, but don't be fooled by him when he does his crowd work. I went to see him with a buddy one day and he was really working the crowd, and he was helllllarious. We went back to the next night to see him again (had nothing better to do) and he was working the crowd with the same exact bits. Now we did not expect new material, but to use the same crowd bits... come on. Patrice Oneill also is great on stage.

Three categories:

Of all time: Billy Connolly

Still alive: Billy Connolly

Seen live: Billy Connolly

ive heard most of billy connollys stuff.. robin williams is also quite funny when he does the stand up on golf.. dont know if you guys get these guys over in the US but Peter Kay and Ricky Gervais are totally awesome..

Pablo Fransisco

Dane Cook(but some of his newer stuff isn't too good)

Carlos Mencia about 4 years ago, not now.

Orlando Jones

George Lopez

And theres a few guys that I dont know their name that I've seen on comedy central.

oh and Richard Pryor, Bill Cosby, Chris Rock "bigger and blacker and previous.

Three categories:

Of all time: Billy Connolly

Still alive: Billy Connolly

Seen live: Billy Connolly

ive heard most of billy connollys stuff.. robin williams is also quite funny when he does the stand up on golf.. dont know if you guys get these guys over in the US but Peter Kay and Ricky Gervais are totally awesome..

Peter Kay, Wedding = :lol:

I'm not going to get into the "Ever, still alive" stuff...

I listen to a ton of comedy cds, and catch a lot of guys live here in Boston. I'd have to agree with Mack, Mike Brbiglia kills me... I like Jim Gaffigan a lot. Lisa Lampinelli is just downright filthy.. not sure if I find it hilarious for the material, or the down right horrible stuff she says.

Pablo Fransisco

Dane Cook(but some of his newer stuff isn't too good)

Carlos Mencia about 4 years ago, not now.

Orlando Jones

George Lopez

ouch...

Dane Cook is my favorite. Im not really old enough to know anyone that has died. DC's stuff has gotten really big around here its hard for me to even have a civilised discussion wihtout making some sort of reference. Its a somewhat immature humor I think and I don't think that older people would enjoy it as much as myself but even my mom has cracked up when I say something by accident.

A lot of great comics have been mentioned so far. Mitch Hedberg and Stephen Wright both have classic delivery styles. However, I would have to say that my current favorite comic BY FAR is Daniel Tosh. If you've never heard his stuff, go find his album "True Stories I Made Up." I can guarantee that you will bust up at least once. Yet another comic that hasn't been mentioned yet that I personally find hysterical is Mike Birbiglia.

My first language is french so i really never got into english comedy but i once fell on a Dane Cook vid on youtube and totally loved it.

Why so much hate for Dane, because of his basic and simple "tell real life stories and exagerate" style? Hes no genious, i agree, but the guy's funny...!

I personally like dane, but some of his newer stuff that's been circulating on the web isn't too funny. Sometimes he goes a bit overboard and I have to be in the mood to listen to his loud and in your face style but it is funny. He puts on a good live show too.

Carlin is my favorite simply because of the way he loves to make fun of the English language and how we abuse it. Pryor, Williams, Miller (before the political stuff) and old Eddie is all great stuff.

A lot of great comics have been mentioned so far. Mitch Hedberg and Stephen Wright both have classic delivery styles. However, I would have to say that my current favorite comic BY FAR is Daniel Tosh. If you've never heard his stuff, go find his album "True Stories I Made Up." I can guarantee that you will bust up at least once. Yet another comic that hasn't been mentioned yet that I personally find hysterical is Mike Birbiglia.

Tosh is a good mention but we've got Brbiglia a couple times already.

My first language is french so i really never got into english comedy but i once fell on a Dane Cook vid on youtube and totally loved it.

Why so much hate for Dane, because of his basic and simple "tell real life stories and exagerate" style? Hes no genious, i agree, but the guy's funny...!

The hate comes from the fact he was funny in the late 90s and early 00s but of late his material is all redundant.